Rolling Thunder Forums

Men Without (White) Hats

EternusIV

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you Dr. That was one of my major concerns with the GSL. Taunting aside (OK.....For a few brief lines) I was one of the few that did not like the concept of declaring allegiance across space without encountering the player or in ratifying complex space accord documents without linking up first.

I actually am in contact with a GSL player and am working towards trade. (Damn 1 ways). We are also looking to do some space combat tests etc.. to see the effect of leaders and weapon upgrades.

---- Back in taunting mode -----

Flying solo is fun. Although M. Hygate believes I think he is public ennemy #1 and that I quit the GSL because of him he is only 50% right. I did leave because of him but only because he was making the game have a bitter taste of dislike. Since I pay money to have fun it is better to be on the other side from the legalese crowd that wants my turn results every turn, or that wants me to declare ALLG with another empire that I have never met.

It's more fun being Mark's "gnat" then being bored as a member and dreading the emails of "So what do you think of this......"

Now if I do run into Mark..well we can always see if I am a gnat...:-) Of course I'll have all 36 GSL players declare war on me even if they aren't in contact with M. Hygate or myself...but that is their nature and their roleplaying desires.

---the gnat ----

I think Dr. That was referring to the concept of pooling information with people you haven't linked up with. You joined the GSL, took information, and left. I hardly think that stands in accord with Dr. That's concerns.

Your remark about providing "turn results every turn" is of course misleading. No one is required to give PDF's, and actually only 1 person does that occasionally, and it's his personal choice. It seems the GSL would like to get summaries from each member every turn, but not everyone does it, and I've never heard of anyone being hassled for not doing it. But of course, you know all this.

Thank you for your commentary. I have copied it below to make some minor points:

1. I provided information to the GSL as well as taking it. I also was in for 20+ turns or so and was one of the original people.

2. Could you provide more accurate information on your PDF commentary. Is it a requirement that members do not follow or is it a choice members have. I do remember some clauses relating to this....

Again thank you for your clear commentary. I feel much safer in space now.

I think Dr. That was referring to the concept of pooling information with people you haven't linked up with. You joined the GSL, took information, and left. I hardly think that stands in accord with Dr. That's concerns.

Your remark about providing "turn results every turn" is of course misleading. No one is required to give PDF's, and actually only 1 person does that occasionally, and it's his personal choice. It seems the GSL would like to get summaries from each member every turn, but not everyone does it, and I've never heard of anyone being hassled for not doing it. But of course, you know all this.

Thank you for your commentary. I have copied it below to make some minor points:

1. I provided information to the GSL as well as taking it. I also was in for 20+ turns or so and was one of the original people.

2. Could you provide more accurate information on your PDF commentary. Is it a requirement that members do not follow or is it a choice members have. I do remember some clauses relating to this....

Again thank you for your clear commentary. I feel much safer in space now.

1. I agree you provided information as well as took it. Dr. That's point was that pooling information with people you haven't linked with is "unsporting." Your conduct is not in alignment with his view, despite your professing to agree with him.

2. You provide 1 PDF to the Prime Minister (in exchange for his) when you join. No further PDF's are required. No PDF's have ever been circulated by the PM, including your own after you left. Your statement was that you were required to provide "turn results every turn." That statement wasn't accurate, and required clarification.

2. You provide 1 PDF to the Prime Minister (in exchange for his) when you join. No further PDF's are required. No PDF's have ever been circulated by the PM, including your own after you left. Your statement was that you were required to provide "turn results every turn." That statement wasn't accurate, and required clarification.

There was a poll requesting this but I never saw the end results. Did it fail? I believe (based on my cut and paste of Charter Polls to try and figure out the complete document - which I never received) there was wording about providing turns on a successive basis. Thank God that failed! Or did it?

:beer: Martin...I've got my eye watching you...on the Martin-Bad Boy channel, got my pop corn, soda, and candy too. Most entertaining to see what spin or taunt you wish to throw next...most amusing !!!

Penn

GSL - Co-founder

:beer: well this issue happens to be a matter of Internal GSL business, and since you Martin have chosen to leave the GSL by his own plan, the issue is no more something for you or anyone external to the GSL's concern. As to weather that issue passed or not, well it is a internal matter to GSL members only.

B)

Now now you 3 year olds stop touching each other, no touching will be allowed :lol:

The GSL versus the GSL, what a yawner, heck I don't even want to waste a good beer ;) , while reading this stuff.

If your in an alliance why wouldn't you share your turns. I bet the PA's :beer: do and they probable coordinate there tech's as well. B) (skip that last part)

Long

Live Emanon

Does the HBOB count as an alliance? We do share Beer. B)

MMB, I suggest you build ships with tons upon tons of awesome firepower, and call them GNATS......

Oh, and I live in Texas, gnats are the size of your thumbs, mosquitos the size of .... well, you get the idea. :beer:

To all and sundry,

Since the GSL spent such a relatively long time as the only public alliance in the game, it is no coincidence that the minutae of our actions and statements have often been dissected in great detail by the many who frequent this board, admittedly out of sheer boredom if nothing else.

While this has caused our ranks to swell by virtue of the exposure gained, it has also made us the target of every player out there who is NOT interested in what we are selling; peaceful coexistence and community oriented behavior.

In the intervening months since its inception, the GSL has gone through a period of rapid growth, both in terms of membership and policy. This has forced us to continually examine (and re-examine) our creed, policies and perspective as we melded the visions of our founders with that of our newest associates. This process is one I believe to be a healthy one as it underscores our fundamental belief in a galactic community. Such a vision cannot credibly be maligned as ignoble, self serving or arrogant. Our warts are the warts of democracy, an admittedly messy business, but warts that shed the light of truth upon our intentions. The GSL does not dictate to its constituency or neighbors but pursues diplomatic harmony. We do not spread war, lies and dissension... we stand resolute, and united, against it.

Though I understand that we shall remain a target or scapegoat to some, since we represent an ideal that does not comfort those of dark or aloof hearts, we strive to let our actions and policies speak to all of good and noble heart that we are friends and good neighbors, for only those of noble intent (and adorned in the iconic "white hat") shall ever truly appreciate us for who we are and what we stand for. This is a cross we bear proudly.

Many speak of our intentions, our policies, our numbers, our desires, our secrets, our friends and our enemies... yet few if any of these speak well of us or choose to cast us in fair guise. Know that they who would sling mud upon our good name do so for the basest of intentions for we answer all inquiries from our fellow galactic neighbors with truth and congeniality. Our actions speak louder than the thinly veiled lies that continually snipe at us from the shadows.

The GSL recognizes all empires and organizations as our neighbors and do not feel threatened by those who would choose to remain apart from us. We do not see the Ming, the Brotherhood, the Power Pantheon or Phoenix Arisen as our enemies nor do we plot to discredit them for we have no thirst for violence or agenda to subjugate the galaxy. We will, however, defend ourselves and our friends from any and all aggression without quarter.

Those of you who wish to know more of the GSL or simply have questions about our intentions are encouraged to enter into dialogue with us and see for yourself what we are about. We extend the hand of friendship both to all empires and alliances and encourage all to contact us if you wish to open diplomatic relations on any scale. Those who ask questions of us simply as a means to discredit the GSL will be dutifully ignored.

The GSL desires prosperity and peaceful co-existence for all and looks forward to enlightened contact with our galactic neighbors.