Rolling Thunder Forums

Men Without (White) Hats

EternusIV

Lunch, sure. However, Dutch Treat sounds better than you dumping the check on me. Just because I'm a lurker :D and secretly hunt Gremloids for my cook pots..... :ranting: BTW, it looks like early next week would be better than this week. Maybe we can swap Gremloid recipes.......

Sakarissa :cheers:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its no small misake I exclusively play RTG games for my PBM fix. Thanks to my older brother Don Lund, I was introduced to the RTG crew when I was just a kid.

The small RPG community in Broomfield was pretty excited when they chose to relocate to our quiet little suburb. :cheers:

Back in the day, I could walk form my family's donut shop to their office less than 2 blocks away and rap with Pete, Russ and Terry about Victory stuff (I was in High School then and all my pals used to drop our turns off by hand during one particular early Victory campaign)

Stepping into the RTG office was pretty cool -- lots of specs on WWII vehicles and various sci-fi posters. The printer was ALWAYS busy if I recall :) They were always working hard on things.

The advent of email and the internet has made life easier for GMs and players alike and we all enjoy the benefit of their reduced overhead -- but I'll drive by their old office every long once in a while and look for their cars or listen for the sound of a printer....

Although I didn't get into the office quite as often as you, I do remember the good old days in Broomfield. It brings back memories. I try and get back to Colorado at least once a year too. My parents still live in Broomfield too.

In addition to not having found one-way warp points, The Ring has not found any other life (except for a smattering of neutrals) after being in the game for nearly thirty turns. :)

It nearly calls into question our policy of reserving diplomacy for those races we actually encounter. (Our Generals were perhaps too enamoured of the Terran General Washington's admonition to avoid 'entangling alliances'.) It is a tad lonely out here.

We will publically state, however, that inebriating alliances are entirely within the purview of our current diplomatic thinking, and we view HBOB as kindred spirits (pun intended) :cheers: although we have not had the honor of sharing a beer.

Lord Xaar

The Ring of Vheissu

My parents live in Colorado (Good 'ol Broomfield to be exact) and I should be there for the holidays.

PM me if you guys get together! :cheers:

Krelnett -- Nice Avatar :)

Yeah, it's amazing how many good close-up insect photos you can get off of Google. I never could come up with a decent pic for the Thamians. Does anyone besides Sakarissa remember my money-grubbing weasels from the beginning of the game?

Hey, if there are so many of us who'll be near BField in the coming months, perhaps we should set aside an hour to put HBoB's tenets to the test in rl? :cheers: