Rolling Thunder Forums

SCI-FI WARS!!!!!

athonian

What is the best Sci-Fi you've read/seen? if i missed one vote other and mention it =)  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Star Trek all the way. :cheers:

As far as the OT stuff:

I find it a relief that someone is posting at a crazier rate that I once did and I think Athonian is a refreshing presence on the boards :thumbsup:

I'd post even more but real life has been insane for me this past couple of months. As I've mentioned before, I'm been a member of several gaming forums and was a little surprised at the flak I got for how little I post here compared to how a typical 'troll' posts in other forums.

I sense that Athonian comes from a similar place that I do -- post counts and OT threads are the norm in a vast majority of other game forums. Posting also comes as natural to him as it does for me...it really doesn't take as much time as many of you suppose to spam the boards once you get addicted to it! :lol:

Personally, I think its nice to have more noise.

But - I think I met the overall sentiment at the SNROTE convention (especially the two guys I drank beer with until 2am :drunk: ). I'm guessing a vast majority of you would prefer an "info only" type atmosphere and don't really care for the peripheral stuff/Senate/Smack talk too much. Hey - I sincerely think its a platform thing, too. Playing video games - especially MMOs - naturally exposes one to boards with spam, post counts, OT posts, trolls.....hell this board hasn't seen ANYTHING close to how crazy it can get (which I think is a good thing so far :P) I'm thirty years old...is that the average age? Or a bit younger? (Seems like many of you are 8-12 years older) Would age/generation make a difference to the approach to the boards? I'm not totally sold on that theory although its been suggested to me once before.

So much for my hack sociological theories (I only have access to 1st gen Social Engineering in my line of work these days anyway :()

One thing for certain - the 'flaming' on this board is MINIMAL. Which is VERY VERY VERY nice. Its great to see a community that won't flame each other out too bad.

Maybe the best solution is an OT/Fun Forum. I don't mind the OT stuff as long as it says 'OT" in the subject line.

However, I think an even BETTER solution is to have an 'information only' sticky or forum (which I thought was the Rules forum) whereby all the juicy game info is consolidated in one place. I understand the project to consolidate rule changes and bulletins is underway. That way, the people who despise all the noise (and I'm not addressing that to you, Palladium Regency, as I sense you have a high degree of laid back tolerance for that kind of thing) can hit the threads with the info and the spammers like me, Athonian and a few others can happily feed our addictions. :P

As the game grows and attracts gamers from other platforms/non-PBM backgrounds, the boards will only get crazier :alien::thumbsup::taz:

I dunno. My two cents anyway.

ehh.... kind of off i suppose *pouts* but hey! it's a poll... it gets eventually forgotten.... besides we need to fill in the 2 weeks of silence between turns somehow?

you think i'm bad here? lol. if only you could a few of the other forums i've been in... =)

thankfully i've limited my sig somewhat =P

hmmm i heavent' heard of those other 2.... hmmm i am curious about them both tho.

my personal favorite is a tie between star wars and babylon 5 they both have a rich interstellar culture involved which makes them so much more exciting...

i mean sure star trek has a bit... but nothing like starwars or babylon 5...

now andromeda has some potential in that regard to

earth final conflict wasn't too bad the taelons would of been my model race for this empire that i play as... unfortunately... there wasn't a race of beings made of energy... would of been cool if there was tho =)

hey see! that could be the use of a pointless poll! who would of thought of a energy race as a suggestion for pete... not many.... not many... *thanks the poll*

I prefer more substantive or creative postings for the most part. In fact, I often think this board is one big soap opera. Really wish I had a score card to keep track of all the various players because I generally can't keep track of who is working with who from one week to another. Board personalities that seem to be on cordial realtions suddenly find out that their mother's brother's daughter's boyfriend's sister's son shared a dorm in college with someone that kicked their dog and all of a sudden they can't stand each other.

I must say that the antics on the board have made me much more leary of trusting other players in the game.

As far as the OT stuff:

I find it a relief that someone is posting at a crazier rate that I once did and I think Athonian is a refreshing presence on the boards :thumbsup:

I'd post even more but real life has been insane for me this past couple of months. As I've mentioned before, I'm been a member of several gaming forums and was a little surprised at the flak I got for how little I post here compared to how a typical 'troll' posts in other forums.

I don't see where this poll has anything to do with supernova. It would be a good idea if RTG could create an OT area that we could totally ignore without missing anything SNROTE related. I don't have time to wade through hundreds of noise posts but would like to keep up with SNROTE related posts. This isn't like most games and this BBS has reflected that. I think it attracts a special niche of gamers.