Rolling Thunder Forums

Max WP's in a system

Octus Imperium

Interesting system find this turn. Nine Warp Points in one system! Will take a while to figure this location out. And no, it was not a Nexus. Anyone else seeing the occasional megaplex of WPs? And yes, there will be some 'observers' stationed here soon.... Now where are those mass detection thing-a-ma-bobs?

Octus Imperium

(Sending traffic cop to the above location. It will eventually need one!)

:drunk:

18 Warp points? You would pauper your world building defensive points at each of those warp points. If I was that player I would make friends of all my neighbors. From a defensive point of view, that system is undefendable. You can't build enough defenses quick enough to plug all the holes in that dyke.

Sakarissa :)

I have seen an 8+ w.p. system that had at least one w.p. each of class A-G. It is almost completely surveyed - got to get that pesky G next turn.

I have five examples of 7+ w.p. systems. They are quite rare based on my sample size. (individual results may vary) B)

I think the largest planetary system I've seen had something like 34-40 bodies in it. Fortunately they are not the same system. :lol:

-LX

Oh, and the these systems with large numbers of w.p.s have not been leading to one-w.p. systems exclusively. Lots of two w.p. systems though. (again not exclusively)

I have to think these systems are like giant "switchboards" linking different segments of the system network. I would be very interesting to see some of this in that Astrosynthesis program, I for one have no had time to really play with it though.

-LX

This raises the ancillary question: is the Warp Point/Tunnel system a naturally occuring phenomenon that we all have rediscovered, or is it an artificial construction?

If it is natural, it might well be of random design, but, if it is the construct of a rational, culture, it would probably have a fuctional design, so that all stars which are accessed by the Warp system would have some way out and there would always be a reason for providing contact to a star system, either a planetary system or another Warp Tunnel out.

Of course, it could be a combination of both, in which case nothing can be inferred. *sigh*

This raises the ancillary question: is the Warp Point/Tunnel system a naturally occuring phenomenon that we all have rediscovered, or is it an artificial construction?

If it is natural, it might well be of random design, but, if it is the construct of a rational, culture, it would probably have a fuctional design, so that all stars which are accessed by the Warp system would have some way out and there would always be a reason for providing contact to a star system, either a planetary system or another Warp Tunnel out.

Of course, it could be a combination of both, in which case nothing can be inferred. *sigh*

I suspect we have not learned enough to know the answer to your question. If someone has figured it out they are not speaking. :D

There is some technology that allows you to create warp points so i suspect that there is a reasonable likelihood that the warp tunnels are artificial although I would not guarantee it. After all many times natural phenomena inspire artificial ones.

On another note, I found a Warp Nexus this turn that had only one two way warp leading to it. Some nexus!!! B)