Rolling Thunder Forums

game 97

gecko

There is an awful lot of discussion about some sort of super alliance that includes Turkey That is news to me. I am open to all sorts of options and I have not decided on any specific course of action beyond the assimilation of Rumania, and defeating Hungary.

Hungary is TA of at least one of the Russian group (there are 6 now, including Hungary and Denmark), so you have some work ahead of you.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-97t32.png

I have tried to straighten some things out as the discussion about super-TA's is hanging over us all.

At the moment the game seems to have the following groups: (strength counted in country equivalents.

1 Olive (11+) Had a great start and recently added Denmark and Hungary to their team. GThey will probably continue to grow.

2 Orange-Yellow (9+). Fighting against Olive and slowly being pushed back. Recently added Morocco.

3 Blue (7) Master of the Middle East and looking for a way out from it.

4 Green (5+) Lost Algeria and Spain, but did well against the former Balkan alliance. Weary of a two-front war.

5 Purple (2+) Iceland. One man tea, doing great and at the moment invading GB.

6 Grey (2) USA & Canada.

I took some liberties with Tusisia, Canada, USA and Rumania, as I do not know what's going on there.

Purple and Blue are both front runners for the victory in the game AND can be the deciding factor in the Orange/Olive war.

• 2 weeks later...

New map (and first post in a week)

victory-map-diplomacy-97t33.png

- Removed Tunisia as a playing position

- Turkey has reached the northern border of Rumania. What now?

- As a consequence of the DW of Portugal on Germany the map is no longer true to the TA structure alone. I do believe that it is true to reality.

I see Czech is being attacked by the Russian group who he was allied with...I guess we are at that point in the game where early alliances have outlived their usefulness!

On another note the last cities in Saudi and Persia have fallen. Southern Russia is falling fast....

POLITICAL ACTIVITY AND GENERAL INTELLIGENCE

Iraq has broken its political agreement with your nation
Iraq has declared war on your nation

POLITICAL ACTIVITY AND GENERAL INTELLIGENCE (TURKEY)

Iraq has declared war on your nation

I guess so!

Can't say you didn't see that coming..with the truce you made in Africa to protect Libya you left two of my allies no where to go.

In addition Turkey taking the port of astrakhan after Iraq requested he by pass it has seriously hampered my progress to the central Russian border.

Unfortunately turkey and Libya become a casualty of war as the result of no consideration given to our group in your grand plan for the rest of the game.

Lol, I have no grand plan. At the start of the game in our deal as agreed to you promised to stay out of Egypt. Granted, TJ was not involved in that discussion, and we had no idea he would later join you guys, but regardless, I still have the email where you said you would not attack in Egypt.

I don't think Turkey and Libya feel like casualties of war, but I suspect Iraq and TJ soon will.

Lol, I have no grand plan. At the start of the game in our deal as agreed to you promised to stay out of Egypt. Granted, TJ was not involved in that discussion, and we had no idea he would later join you guys, but regardless, I still have the email where you said you would not attack in Egypt.

I don't think Turkey and Libya feel like casualties of war, but I suspect Iraq and TJ soon will.

Things are definitely about to heat up...should be fun either way!

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-97t34.png

- Most of the changes in the middle east this time.

- The first cities in Turkey have fallen, but with the hinterland in Bulgaria and Rumania this could be a long war.

- What was lost by the green team in the east was gained in the west (Yugoslavia).

Hope you choke on it! :) In almost 20 games of Victory!, I have never broken an alliance on the first turn, or had it done to me, but three times in this game it has happened to me now. It is unfortunate you couldn't have waited a few turns to break with Turkey, rather than first try, he could have had a nicer party planned for you.

That's just luck of the draw... Russia and persia both attacked me with big forces on turn 4. Same thing happened to me in game 90.

Syria on the other hand hasn't broken with turkey in three attempts now. I wasn't anticipating breaking first try that's why I didn't attack until the following turn, even then I wasn't quite ready.