Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 95

Guest Spongebob

The ships were clearly identified in the local copy of Jane's, and all those fleeing from the city have clearly stated this. Also the units landing in the city have been identified as Spanish troops. So don't try hiding behind false propaganda. Everybody knows the almost non-existent Yugo navy would never build and operate Atlanta class light cruisers.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no such thing as 'true' propaganda. All propaganda is some sort of falsehood, no matter who is spinning the terrible web of stories in the gleaming light.....hehe.

Most everyone believes their own propaganda to be true, frame of reference, point of view & all, etc..... Otherwise, it would not be of any value to their war machines.

So some light cruisers leveled the city and escaped with no damage while the Yugo air force attacked refugees on 2 transports. Guess the Yugo pilots prefer unarmed targets and I hear cruiser shoot back. Wish I could help you id the ships but we name our ships after our own cities. Have fun, RIck

Well,

considering the actions of the Persian high command its population is in dire need of a better ruler.

Words fail me to describe the actions and still be polite.

Well, then I'll report to the world what I see.
And that is a 62% 18 div mobile Line army disbanding, effectively surrendering to a lone LDB.

And the alternattive was attacking to the north were a 33% line-veteran-elite Emirate army would have been whiped out due to lack of ammunition.

Dageraad, it seems some people are sore losers, but then again, they're handing over their contries without a fight, enjoy it. I think the other alliances got the worse part of the deal, enemies growing in strentgh without losing any resources, that could definitely be a game changer and decide the eventual victory in somewhat over 25 turns.

I'd even say that's a huge reward for your alleged treachery.

You can twist it anyway you want. It was well known that I had converted my nation to support my allies on the front lines. I held true to my part of the agreement and never entered Saudi when I had all the opportunity to do such. Treacherous acts do not deserve any honor on the battlefield.

Those divisions were lost anyway due to the several groups that were bearing down on them this or next turn. They would not have survived attacks from the 3+ full stacks of armor/mech bearing down on them and could not be replenished. Why give the kill numbers up for free when I can deny that satisfaction and knowingly irk Dag's sensitive ego. I will not give you free kill points, not going to happen. You want kills, go fight someone else. There will be no reward, no pop left, no resources to be gained, no kills to be tallied. Gobble up the empty lands.....

So, let me understand this correctly... For what ever reason, you have a bone to pick to with Dag. Your solution to that is to continue in a game and battle you can't win, against an opponent who's biggest hope of winning the game outright is really not there and is just playing for fun, all while you continue to vent your rage by taking time to put thought into how to dismantle a country, followed by the posts of "I'm taking my ball and deflating it, then going home!"? Sounds to me like you've done nothing more, really, than give him a personal goal in trying to beat you quicker in addition to any he already has... If one of those is to get under your skin, well, he can check that one off the list.

Well, you blame me for unfair play, stabbing you in the back (with at least 5 turns prior notice no less), called me a traitor and lots of other things.

This weekend I will post a link to the forum to some of the battle reports from turn 44 and 45 and the rest of the forum will make up their own mind.

Therein lies the problem. You need to justify your actions to a forum. To be quite honest, it is hilarious to see you continue to respond to my pokes at you. This is a war game. Seems that most people in the game feel that anything goes. You want to make your self feel good about your actions, when in all reality, I have never really given a damn. And, I cannot believe that you continue allow yourself to be egged on. It's been my amusement for the past 8 or 9 turns in the game. I knew that I could not withstand the attack when you guys decided to reverse your course and end the agreement. So, it was time to take a different route.

Check with your allies on some of the conversations that I have had with them about the subject. It's obvious that they did not share with you the correspondence.

You wanted a propaganda war, I gave it to you. And you could not handle it apparently. Yes, we have disagreed in the game, yes, we have clashed in regard to our style and personalities, but in the end, from my standpoint, it never really mattered. I am only here to be a thorn and it seems to be working quite well.