Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 95

Guest Spongebob

Well, well, more than a week of silence on the forum. The discussion on #94 even disappeared due to lack of updates. Can't let that happen to 95 yet so...

Aside from the wishes that everyone is well.

Here is a new map:

victory-map-diplomacy-95t37.png

- The slow grind of the Balkan is not considered News any more.

- The last of the Saudian sand has been taken. But there is still a lot of Iraqi sand to be annexed before we are getting to something with actual Iraqi population.

- I hear strange and disturbing rumors that Denmark is besieging xLutjebroek. Go Spongebob!

- Any news fron the Scandinavian front?

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible terrain sometimes :-)

As an addon for your map:

Hungarian offensive currently running in France.

xNancy taken since some turns (but pop signicantly reduced).

Besides the border-cities, xAmiens and xTroyes, hungarian spearheads are pushing into southwestern direction, already in the area around Paris.

Spain has pushed into Lowlands with a major army some turns ago, with hungarian forces cutting of it's retreat-provinces this army seems to be locked.

The Italians really, really wanted information about Persia badly. Persian security has caught and executed several groups of Italian spies this past turn. Alas, just as many groups were are to flee the borders back to their UAE embassies before they could be caught and executed.

Well, if they fled and got out I propose they visit the nice and prosperous Autocracy of the United Arab Emirated and get a nice and thorough debriefing. The military of the Emirates is very interested in the wereabouts of the 90+ Persian divisions and the 140+ Persian air units. We are willing to pay in petrol. If needed.

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-95t38.png

- xAmsterdam and xCassino have new rulers.

- The Emirates are racing around in the desert, looking who can get to xBaghdad first.

- Is there an agreement between the Balkan and the North?

Well, if they fled and got out I propose they visit the nice and prosperous Autocracy of the United Arab Emirated and get a nice and thorough debriefing. The military of the Emirates is very interested in the wereabouts of the 90+ Persian divisions and the 140+ Persian air units. We are willing to pay in petrol. If needed.

If it is petrol you need, just ask. I could have given you the damn petrol. Why all the hostilities? Can't we all just get along?

:laugh:

Dear opponent,

I like you.

You are the only way out. You are the solution to all my problems. You are the inevitable and much anticipated dancing partner. You are all an aspiring Victory player could ask for: a veteran player (come on, 16 games in your tagline!) with an equal position as a direct opponent in a war that has an air, land and a naval component. I think we can get along fine. In fact, I often play games with those that I like. Like Victory. Let's dance.

You clearly did sink more ships that I did, your bomber fleet is bigger, has a longer range and far better planes.
Figter for fighter your units are better than mine. Fw190 against P36C? Auch. I am happy that I have more of them and that they outrange yours.

The bulk of your army is uncommitted at the moment. I do know that there is a lot of it. but I do not know were (I do have a good idea though)
As I am advancing you should have a far better picture of my position and strengths there

Most of my attempts to gain a foothold near Bandar Abbas have been rebuffed and my air drops gave you a good excuse to visit some places that you didn't know were part of Persia in the first place. None of the paratroopers remain on Persian soil at the moment.

Your nearest TA has made a substantial contribution to your cause by committing his bomber fleet when my Fighter Cover was out taking a break and I have yet to see my closest ally the Libyans do the same. But he is fighting the Greek, an enemy of yours as I recall. (Side note: he is doing very usefull work in the Iraqi desert too). I admit that Southern Russia has other things on his mind now, but he has had 20 turns to prepare for this occasion.

Well, I've twisted the truth enough for now I think.

Well, so far we have seen Bf109's (soon to be Fw190A4's), lots of Hs123A-1 that wannabe Ju-87G-1's and even some new Bf110G-2's that probably dream on becoming Me262 once.

Panthers are still eight turns away.

Time to do some upgrading of my own.

Truth twitsing? :wacko: Nah ~ let's play. Just need you to come a little bit closer. Hoping to upgrade one of those groups first, so be very cautious with your advancement. It will give me time to complete the upgrades.

Lions and TIGERS and bears, oh my....

Yes, yes, I know.....the obvious is inescapable.

We can all play the ugradfing game. When you can upgrade to Panthers, so can Egypt. You will gain a qualitative edge against me, Russia will lose his qualitiative edge against Egypt. And the Egyptian army is stronger than both yours and mine. I do not know if time is on your side.

Russia will get the TU-2 in a couple of turns and 150 air groups should leave a dent. You know Egypt is still a long way from xStalingrad, so I think we have still have plenty of time before we get worried. We are all still fighting over land that originally belong to someone else.

Poland 74

Persia 76

Great Britain 87

Bulgaria 89 (I think)

Southern Russia 95

We can all play the ugradfing game. When you can upgrade to Panthers, so can Egypt. You will gain a qualitative edge against me, Russia will lose his qualitiative edge against Egypt. And the Egyptian army is stronger than both yours and mine. I do not know if time is on your side.

Again, the obvious is inescapable.....or did you not get that message? I figured my time in this game was limited when I trusted you guys to hold the agreement game long and converted the vast majority of my ARM plants to AIR plants in order to be a good ally and play a support role for my TA's. I have seen players drop games for less of a reason. I won't, at least not for a while anyway. We'll see how the fireworks unfold when our armies meet.