Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 75 Begins!

SPGraves

No more confederacy... that is too bad. Who else can I take pot shots at when I am bored? I do have to say that the whole idea was doomed from the beginning. In a game of war, everyone can't be allies. Who are you going to fight?

It is also disappointing that SpongeBob/Denmark just drops in the game when a neighbor DW on him. For all of the babbling that went on early in the game, we at least deserve him to fight it out. Spongemark hasn't even lost a major city yet. On the other hand, Persia has lost most everything and still sends out some INF divisions to fight. I would be much happier with Persia as a TA than Denmark.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No more confederacy... that is too bad.  Who else can I take pot shots at when I am bored?  I do have to say that the whole idea was doomed from the beginning.  In a game of war, everyone can't be allies.  Who are you going to fight?

It is also disappointing that SpongeBob/Denmark just drops in the game when a neighbor DW on him.  For all of the babbling that went on early in the game, we at least deserve him to fight it out.  Spongemark hasn't even lost a major city yet.  On the other hand, Persia has lost most everything and still sends out some INF divisions to fight.  I would be much happier with Persia as a TA than Denmark.

I am with you there Coot. The bane of Victory! games are the defeatist babies who lose one battle and drop the game. I love guys like Turkey and Persia, who get their butts kicked badly, but fight on when all appears lost, helping their TA's. Of course, often, it is a replacement puppet government supplied by the TA, but so what, I would rather fight a live person than a computer any day, so I have no problem with that.

Guest General Spongebob Squarepants

Hey hold on Guys I did not drop lightly, I had been in a bitter battle with Sweden & Norway, lost Copenhagen and Odense and if anyone knows Denmark those are major losses. These were early on and I still stayed in the fight helping my TAs.

There was a planned invasion of Central Russia and i had shipped troops via sea, via germany to the front. A complex CL position took place with Germany and Poland se we could attack and then Poland decides to choose the wrong side :P and Im left with no enemies to fight.

I tried to Invade Norway twice and failed and ran out of resorces to fight. I did not drop because I was bored and I think the Confederacy would back me up on this one.

You lot had better eat your words because the Confederacy as a whole will return one day, just you wait and see.

Hey hold on Guys I did not drop lightly, I had been in a bitter battle with Sweden & Norway, lost Copenhagen and Odense and if anyone knows Denmark those are major losses. These were early on and I still stayed in the fight helping my TAs.

There was a planned invasion of Central Russia and i had shipped troops via sea, via germany to the front. A complex CL position took place with Germany and Poland se we could attack and then Poland decides to choose the wrong side  :P and Im left with no enemies to fight.

I tried to Invade Norway twice and failed and ran out of resorces to fight. I did not drop because I was bored and I think the Confederacy would back me up on this one.

You lot had better eat your words because the Confederacy as a whole will return one day, just you wait and see.

I have to support the Sponge on this one (what AM I doing?). Denmark fought for a long time considering the loss of his islands is so crippling. Granted the Polish question was (and now is) likely to spell doom the remainder of the Confederacy, but the whole group seems rather plucky to me.

Galvorn

Greece75

There was a planned invasion of Central Russia and i had shipped troops via sea, via germany to the front. A complex CL position took place with Germany and Poland se we could attack and then Poland decides to choose the wrong side  :P and Im left with no enemies to fight.

I have to support the Sponge on this one (what AM I doing?). Denmark fought for a long time considering the loss of his islands is so crippling. Granted the Polish question was (and now is) likely to spell doom the remainder of the Confederacy, but the whole group seems rather plucky to me.

Galvorn

Greece75

I'll echo that. Sponge stayed in the game even when he was down to just one home city. He brought his army back from France and pushed Norway off the continent. He is not a quitter, he just had no resources or units after 30 turns.

Blub, Blub, I just dont know what to say..... I LOVE YOU ALL, :P

Maaaaaaaghhhhhh Maaaaaaaaaaaaghhhh Maaaaaaaghhhhhhh!!! ;)

Those in the Confederacy that are still around will fight as long as they can, as we all have, I only wish i could have continued the fight with them :P

• 2 weeks later...

The Med sure is getting bloody. Enough ships to walk from Africa to Europe...or more likely the reverse. This "ship bridge" is apparently permanent as so many hulls are resting on the bottom.

It is GLORIOUS!

Galvorn

Greece75

PS Calamaran, I do not intend for my points to get away from me! Here shippy, shippy, here boys.....

:ph34r:

Poland bombs danish shiping :blink: ....stop.

C.Russia takes back ground in Poland givin to Denmark early in the wars :huh: ...stop.

Algeria makes some headway but not without retaliations :angry: ...stop.

Great Britain declairs war on Lowlands, gets invaded himself :unsure:. Then declairs war on Denmark :huh: ...stop

Icelandic offensive into southern France stopped cold :robot:

Brought to you by whats left of the confederacy :P