Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 75 Begins!

SPGraves

Good.  I like that you mow the grass weekly.  Italy abandoned his yard and poor Greece is stuck pruning the roses.

Infidels to the North?  North of Iceland?  Are you sending polar bears to Spain?  They will get pretty upset in summer.  Not a bad tactic now that I think about it.  The Angry Polar Bear division.  We will put out an APB.

Uh, Pharoah, I am in Algeria, not Iceland. And yes, Algeria is still playing, believe it or not, though I did have a brief fainting spell at the thought of the confederation being angry at me.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good.  I like that you mow the grass weekly.  Italy abandoned his yard and poor Greece is stuck pruning the roses.

Infidels to the North?  North of Iceland?  Are you sending polar bears to Spain?  They will get pretty upset in summer.  Not a bad tactic now that I think about it.  The Angry Polar Bear division.  We will put out an APB.

Uh, Pharoah, I am in Algeria, not Iceland. And yes, Algeria is still playing, believe it or not, though I did have a brief fainting spell at the thought of the confederation being angry at me.

Steve. He forgot you were in Spain too. No card for him on the invasion anniversary.

Hey, Algeria....what did the nice people of Greece do to you? Such bloodshed in Sicily; my friends with the bent noses will likely not be pleased.

Can't we all just live in peace? My house will be in xAlgiers.

Galvorn

Greece75

I suppose I am just overly sensitive. I found the prospect of a foreing power whose motto is "Carthage must be destroyed" occupying a large island right off my coast to be just a bit threatening.

I doubt you can afford the cost of property in xAlgiers, but I can save a nice spot for you in our reeducation camp at Fort McMahon. I will give you a bunk next to Predator, he also was shopping in xAlgiers, but determined it was too expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Contest!!!

Complete the joke to win xAlgers. Best answer by end of day June 30, 2006 wins!

How many Carthaginians does it take to change a flat tire?

xOran goes to the best joke where YOU come up with both the premise and punch line. Hurry with those entries! No limit on entries. Void where prohibited.

Carthage must be looted, then destroyed. Cher

Based on the World Events and all of the wars beginning to flame. 75 is starting to get quite interesting. I understand the warfare in MiddleEast, NorthAfrica, Scandinavia, and Islanders, but Poland DW on his old allies in WesternEurope? Strange. Any comments from the antagonists?

Galvorn

The Danish Premier in Exile - I was ousted by a coup de tat (dropped) after the traitor of Warsaw buckled under pressure from the East. In a single step the mighty Confederacy was brought to its knees but has fought back from the brink and will survive. The nation of Denmark had prepared for the invasion of Eastern Europe when the Polish went back on the deal. This left the Danish people no other avenues for breeding room except for the invasion once again of Sweden. Two failed attempts to invade Sweden failed and the people became disillusioned, the army depleted and resources almost gone. The confederacy as it once was shall return and when it does the whole world shall quake.

There is no war in Africa, it has been unified under our benevelent rule. As for the coalition, it clearly was a paper tiger all along, and one good whack has shown it's true colors.

Pity the poor Greek children, who will suffer mightily from the misguided ways of their oppresive government. It will get better for them soon though, when we liberate them.

Mike, what country are you?

Based on the World Events and all of the wars beginning to flame. 75 is starting to get quite interesting. I understand the warfare in MiddleEast, NorthAfrica, Scandinavia, and Islanders, but Poland DW on his old allies in WesternEurope? Strange. Any comments from the antagonists?

Galvorn

At the start of the game there were 5 power blocks amongst my six neighbors. For survival I joined two. Who knew they would be the last two left in my neighborhood? I had to pick one obviously around turn 20. Took this long to break the TAs. Sorry it wasn't anything juicy like someone treating me dirty. Actually, I was treated quite well by the Confederacy and I have a lot of admiration for their abilities. They fought off several very experienced and determined foes. I am the villain here. That said, time for war. 3 of 4 TAs broken.

Yeah on a personal note there is no animosity, it was all good fun in the end

Well it's going to be even more fun now :beer:

Fighting Iceland, Algeria, Poland, Sweden, Norway and probably the UK also in the very near future :thumbsup:

At least it's not boring :P

Yeah on a personal note there is no animosity, it was all good fun in the end

Well it's going to be even more fun now :beer:

Fighting Iceland, Algeria, Poland, Sweden, Norway and probably the UK also in the very near future :thumbsup:

At least it's not boring :P

Rommel, I am happy to hear you say that, I hope you fight it out to the end, because from my perspective, I would rather be losing a war that is bitterly fought than scarfing up computer ran cities.

After all the bombast from the coalition about how we all were going to die at their hand, I don't see how you guys can complain much though.

Fighting Iceland, Algeria, Poland, Sweden, Norway and probably the UK also in the very near future  ;)

This many enemies would indicate a weakness in your diplomatic talents. Maybe Game 77 would be a place to try some different diplomatic tacts and see if the fate of Vic!75 does not also become your fate in Vic! 77.

I have some military advice for you also but it would be far more interesting to see which options you choose on your own.