Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

This is just too easy.

As your girlfriend says- size doesn't matter.

In this situations kills do. We are far behind everyone in those categories. I am catching up quickly now though.

I have 20k in munitions and general each sitting in the Americas.

I must have missed something:

Middle Eastern Alliance: 4 nations, current size up to 11

North African/Atlantic Alliance: 4 nations,current size 12

Northern Alliance 4 nations, current size 11

Balkan Allinace 4 nations: current size 5,5

Game 87 was won by Poland, who was one of the smaller surviving nations so anything is still possible.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find your 'calculations' very amusing to say the least. Oh, how I wish capitals were going to make the slightest bit of difference in this particular game. Clearly, they won't. I'd love to hear what selection of scoring categories you think any other group is going to outpace your group in. Please, I'm all ears.

I must have missed something:

Middle Eastern Alliance: 4 nations, current size up to 11

North African/Atlantic Alliance: 4 nations,current size 12

Northern Alliance 4 nations, current size 11

Balkan Allinace 4 nations: current size 5,5

Game 87 was won by Poland, who was one of the smaller surviving nations so anything is still possible.

Well, you asked for it: Try to place yourself in my position.

First of all, the maps are based on the RWE, alliances and large battles that I am aware of. While I am not a neutral commentator the maps are never intended as propaganda only. So while it may seem that I am playing down the position of my own team I am just trying to provide an interesting commentary.

I don't know the amount of naval, army ans air force kills that you have. The game isn't decided by air and army kills alone and I am not so shure on the other victory conditions of my team. I pay little attention to the victory conditions myself. Not always the smartest strategy. if one wants to win the game. There is limited communication with our "co- belligerents" in the Balkan. We simply don't know what's going on there either.

I only finished one game before, 87. While everyone was yelling "you will certainly win" I was not so shure, and indeed, we did not win that one.

Dageraad, without delving into an extended debate/discussion about the politics of this particular game or the relative likelihood of any one group or individual winning, I'd like to be clear that I have absolutely no issue with your maps or the comments that you include with them. I appreciate and enjoy both. I never take them wholly at face value and almost always see something under the surface of the comments and what is included or not included on the map. I think your maps do a lot for the game, so thanks for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy! a new map!

victory-map-diplomacy-89t70.png

- Iceland is going through hard times, Still, despite half of the Canadian air force paying attention to the Icelandic fleet, not one ship bigger than a mine sweeper was sunk. (phew). Now, to build more AIr factories to compensate for the 300+ air factories in Ireland. And prepare some attacks of my own. Still, it's a long way from xReykjavik to Nova Scotia.

- Spain going through hard times with Lowlands being "liberated" (again) by Norway, Baltic States AND Northern Russia. (Spain could probably use some Canadian air support! Nudge, nudge))

- Excuses were extended to the Yugoslav army in Rumania that was accidentally bombed by the Scandinavians. Oops!

- Central Russia is BIG. Which is nice if you want to defend ant trade space for time, but when you want to take it back all those empty spaces get traded back and the game is just 3 more turns.

- Any news from the Balkan? Sparaficile still blocking landing attempts? Just three more turns! Your ship points destroyed must be enormous. xIslanbul still occupied? Any plans on liberating xInnsbruck?

Enjoy! a new map!

victory-map-diplomacy-89t70.png

- Iceland is going through hard times, Still, despite half of the Canadian air force paying attention to the Icelandic fleet, not one ship bigger than a mine sweeper was sunk. (phew). Now, to build more AIr factories to compensate for the 300+ air factories in Ireland. And prepare some attacks of my own. Still, it's a long way from xReykjavik to Nova Scotia.

- Spain going through hard times with Lowlands being "liberated" (again) by Norway, Baltic States AND Northern Russia. (Spain could probably use some Canadian air support! Nudge, nudge))

- Excuses were extended to the Yugoslav army in Rumania that was accidentally bombed by the Scandinavians. Oops!

- Central Russia is BIG. Which is nice if you want to defend ant trade space for time, but when you want to take it back all those empty spaces get traded back and the game is just 3 more turns.

- Any news from the Balkan? Sparaficile still blocking landing attempts? Just three more turns! Your ship points destroyed must be enormous. xIslanbul still occupied? Any plans on liberating xInnsbruck?

Greece has retaken European Turkey, including xIstanbul.

Oh well, I gave it a shot. Russian Marines aren't too good.

Well every turn I see all these nice ships pass by from UAE and Syria but just not the capacity to sink them having lost my main bomber force earlier in the game and having to invest heavily in fighters.

And I would say Russian tech is not the reason for not succeeding in the invasions. It's a flaw in your and UAEs tactics or lack of knowledge of naval capabilities which I am happy to disclose.

After the game of course. :huh:

Well every turn I see all these nice ships pass by from UAE and Syria but just not the capacity to sink them having lost my main bomber force earlier in the game and having to invest heavily in fighters.

And I would say Russian tech is not the reason for not succeeding in the invasions. It's a flaw in your and UAEs tactics or lack of knowledge of naval capabilities which I am happy to disclose.

After the game of course. :huh:

I always look for tips and suggestions.

I look forward to the end of game to find out.

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-89t71.png

- There seems to be a scramble for capitals or something like that, and someone told me that capitals weren't that interesting. Hmmm.

- Air war over England, Switzerland, Italy, et cetera.

- Germany, after being fought over as far back as turn 3, seems to be getting at peace now.

- Some nations are looking for a way to earn some Naval kills.

- Greece wants this game to end. That won't be long now.

New map:

- There seems to be a scramble for capitals or something like that, and someone told me that capitals weren't that interesting. Hmmm.

- Germany, after being fought over as far back as turn 3, seems to be getting at peace now.

Thanks for the map!

Not much of an air battle since you have given up in England.

You were several turns too late going after The Azores. I have all I need in Ireland, England and France.

New map:

As usual Dageraad, you've misquoted and therefore mis-characterized what 'someone' said. No worries though. Here's a refresher. Capitals are important. They just won't be the deciding factor in who wins this game. No need for additional capitals for us. Such effort would gain our group no advantage. We are already relegated to the list of also ran's. We'll be happy just to keep the ones we have (fingers crossed). Maybe the Central group can move up the end-of-game standings with a few extra capitals under their belt though.

Hmmm... two turns to go... will UK finish the game with her capital in her hands, even if it's the only place she still lives?!?

Thanks for the map!

Not much of an air battle since you have given up in England.

You were several turns too late going after The Azores. I have all I need in Ireland, England and France.

Lack of battle can happen when half of my FC failed to act as planned due to the fail %.

And of course the Azores would have been obliterated if I had known before what you were planning. But you had the opportunity to quietly build Ireland into one large air factory and take the first shot in this air war, knowing full well that I can not replenish my losses and you can.

In itself this is not all to bad, as all those aircraft you are using against me are surely missing on the front in the Lowlands and Germany.

I prefer being naive to being paranoid, letting you take Ireland unopposed, trusting you would leave me alone in Great Brittain.

This game is too short (and the Icelander fuel stock too shallow) to plan for any appropriate counterattack and my TA's are occupied at the moment with targets that they can reach far mor easily.

I do have an excellent memory, however, and you will not pull that trick on me again.