Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

Well then it must make you very happy that finally you are getting some resistance. And the rest of your teammates are also fighting very hard on all fronts. And given the fact that your numbers in total are overwhelming (total number of lands in your possession), you might even have a chance to win.

Yes, finally. As far as the win, with no resistance for 50+ turns, my 'kills' are almost non-existent compared to just about everybody else, so I have no illusions about even being close to 'winning'. :beer:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, it's all in fun. If we didn't come north though, there would be almost no point in us continuing to play. I guess those in the south could have all just quit a year ago and let you guys play by yourselves. I know there was a lot of complaining and hand wringing about that, but then what fun would that have been if the rest of us just quit or stayed in the south with little or nothing to do? No. I think we'll stick around a little longer, if for no other reason than to make you all look even better than you already do.

Dageraad: I hope you're not implying that the more a player posts, the better they do. If so, Spongebob should be a GOD at Victory? Then again, the tone of his posts are another subject all together.

"Winning" and "Having fun" are not always the same.

We knew the possible consequences of attacking the Middle East in the Ukraine in that we were attacking capable players with an excellent position. And the first few turns were a disaster. But consider the alternative: if green and blue had not banded together, green would have disappeared by now. And blue would be on the ropes.

To enjoy a good game one does need a capable and powerful enemy. If I just want to win, build a huge empire and run all over opponents played by the computer (or worse) I can always study the results from (Dutch) game 2, which were fun to start with but became boring after turn 30 or so, as there was no-one left to fight.

Game #89 seems far more stable and probably will be fun till the end. Like 87. Unlike 91. No, I don't think we can win

Dageraad: I hope you're not implying that the more a player posts, the better they do. If so, Spongebob should be a GOD at Victory? Then again, the tone of his posts are another subject all together.

Noo, please. It's allmost Christmas, Life is good, Vic is fun. Pleaaaaase don't mention Sponge. It kinda ruins my good feeling. Anything, send six SS armies my way, 12 groups of bombers, anything but Sponge.

Thanks

Von Manstein

Hmmm, v87 was fighting against Kurassier, v89 is fighting against Kurassier, v91 is fighting with Kurassier. I'm guessing that fighting him is more fun than fighting with him.

I am not ready to extend that conclusion to #94,

Hmmm, v87 was fighting against Kurassier, v89 is fighting against Kurassier, v91 is fighting with Kurassier. I'm guessing that fighting him is more fun than fighting with him.

Why do you have to guess? shouldn't you know? :woohoo: I, for one, would rather fight him than be his ally as well. :beer: As his ally, I'm always having to bail him out, much easier to just run him over. :cheers::explode: