Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

Pfff, major fighting going on. And everyone against Blue and Green. Where did all those units come from? When does the hurting stop?

Turn 73 I think

We're being outproduced 5 to 3 and a lot of power was lost bashing against green.

The eastern front seems to be holding its own, but now that Spain has broken his alliance with Iceland I fear for the stability of the western front.

I'm afraid you are right. A lot of fun fighting but a lot of resources lost there, where the Africans and ME block (actually, that one block) has been storming forward without any challenges. But at least Tim can be happy, he's found some resistance in the east. Lovely snack, those american troops.

Yes, and you are VERY lucky you didn't lose that entire stack at Shurmela (sp?)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, you fell into that trap with both eyes open. I even wanted you to send that second stack, a shame you didn't. Shumerlya by the way. And no, you wouldn't have destroyed the stack.

:rolleyes::beer:

Pfff, major fighting going on. And everyone against Blue and Green. Where did all those units come from? When does the hurting stop?

Turn 73 I think

We're being outproduced 5 to 3 and a lot of power was lost bashing against green.

The eastern front seems to be holding its own, but now that Spain has broken his alliance with Iceland I fear for the stability of the western front.

I'm afraid you are right. A lot of fun fighting but a lot of resources lost there, where the Africans and ME block (actually, that one block) has been storming forward without any challenges. But at least Tim can be happy, he's found some resistance in the east. Lovely snack, those american troops.

While you may have expended a lot of resources in a protracted war with the Central alliance, at least both groups got in A LOT of action and challenge out of it. Isn't that what we all signed up for and are paying to experience? You may have expended a lot of resources being engaged in your war, when it comes to 'bang for your buck', that's MUCH preferable to spending seemingly endless turns traveling huge expanses of 'dead' territory with the biggest challenge being to not loss interest in the game.

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-89t58.png

Lots of interesting stuff happening in Germany and Central Russia:

- Too many armies at once are overrunning the plains of Western Germany.

- An army from the Emirates was annihilated in Eastern Russia. This is Russia, guys, not Arabia. And it will only get colder, so basically: run.

- So, Iceland and Spain are at war. Now, shal we make peace again?

Nah, you fell into that trap with both eyes open. I even wanted you to send that second stack, a shame you didn't. Shumerlya by the way. And no, you wouldn't have destroyed the stack.

:rolleyes::beer:

Don't you mean: :python:

Or: :cannon::o

Or maybe: :oops:

:P

No, I meant it exactly like I posted. :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-89t59.png

Xustinov has fallen, as has the biggest Emirate army,

The front in England hasn't moved an Inch.

The world has decided that Norway has not enough to do, so Canada has DW'd Norway.

Lots of manoeuvering around Moscow

Kurassier: would you want to include your own viewpoint ?

Suggestions:

- Emirate vanguard liberates xUstinov from northern opposition.

- Emirate high command elated now that finally some opposition is encountered. Boredom has been averted.

- Emirate government surprised by Lowlander DOW.

While we're it, I would like Great Britain to pack.

Alas, someone is gobbling up the German portion of the Icelandic confederation and that's distracting me from finishing GB.

Kurassier: would you want to include your own viewpoint ?

Suggestions:

- Emirate vanguard liberates xUstinov from northern opposition.

- Emirate high command elated now that finally some opposition is encountered. Boredom has been averted.

- Emirate government surprised by Lowlander DOW.

Nope, your map you can state what you want. The cold was just too much for my armies and they all froze.

on the other note, this game has been Extremely Boring. DW on Iraq, 2 turns, war over, DW on Persia, 2 turns war over. DW Southern Russia, was already over, DW on Central Russia, war already over. With only about 10 or so turns left, not much to get excited over. :beer:

Dageraad- you can color European-Turkey tan, lgt brown, whatever that is. Wow Russian tech is lousy for amphibious operations.

Its taken me about 10 turns to take xIstanbul. Good that I have TAs to distract Greece and Yugo. Maybe i can get to xSalonica by games end. :rolleyes:

Did so