Rolling Thunder Forums

The Greatest and the Rest

Guest Spongebob

Guest Spongebob

After reading a number of peoples posts and I know we have the Hall of Victory but who is the Greatest player that ever lived? now I obviously think its me but seriously who is the best, how would it be scored. Now you can discuss to your hearts content here but I will do some research and compile the evidence.

If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else PM Me with your claim to fame. When I have compiled the data I will let you all know and then you can fight it out.

On a side note however.... :blush: Who is the worst?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading a number of peoples posts and I know we have the Hall of Victory but who is the Greatest player that ever lived? now I obviously think its me but seriously who is the best, how would it be scored. Now you can discuss to your hearts content here but I will do some research and compile the evidence.

If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else PM Me with your claim to fame. When I have compiled the date I will let you all know and then you can fight it out.

Lekker belangrijk.

If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else PM Me with your claim to fame. When I have compiled the date I will let you all know and then you can fight it out.

Lekker belangrijk.

lol. I do totally agree with that remark.

Guest Spongebob

Well it was a lot easier than I thought, based on games won only then the following stand out.

Not sure what the Forum character names are or if they are still around but they are as follows

Charles G Clark with 5 Wins

Christian Schmitter with 4

Sander Anneveldt with 4

The following have 3 wins

Bill Vognsen

Brian Goehrig

Dale Richie

Ken Rozhan

Richard Carins

Richard Reece

Steve Graves

Can anyone put some character names to these or know if they are still playing in current games?

Just something to pass the time while V89 gets started.

Now working out the worst is a little more tricky, has anyone lost as many games as me :blush: or am I the worst player ever.

Guest Spongebob

What about the survivors?

Well we have...

Ken Rozhon with 14 games taken to the end.

Then we have a big gap but in the following order we have

Richard Reece on 8

Loads on 7 such as...

Charles G Clark

Donald Link

Doug Link

Peter Schmitter

Steve Graves

Tim Alcorn

Then on 6 we have...

Doug Maier

Michale Jayne

and below that lots of 5s and 4s

Winning the Game is not always a realistic way to measure success. I suggest you use your statistical prowess for the worthy challenge of findng the players with the greatest record of achieving the various ranks of Best Nations. Perhaps 1 pt for 10th place and 10 points for 1st place and see which players rise to the top of the heap. Thats just 400 data points to play with. Have fun!

Guest Spongebob
Winning the Game is not always a realistic way to measure success. I suggest you use your statistical prowess for the worthy challenge of findng the players with the greatest record of achieving the various ranks of Best Nations. Perhaps 1 pt for 10th place and 10 points for 1st place and see which players rise to the top of the heap. Thats just 400 data points to play with. Have fun!

Excellent Idea, I will get back you in say 5 years.

Realistically it would take too long but if individual players would like to work out there own points and submit them via a PM I will compile the list. It would also have the advantage of being current with players still active.

I have never seen a better TEAM than the Schmitters and Sander Anneveldt. I got to play as an ally and an enemy of theirs in 2 games which they won both. They are great players and nice people as well.

- Andy Brogan

I have never seen a better TEAM than the Schmitters and Sander Anneveldt. both. They are great players and nice people as well.

- Andy Brogan

It is diffucult to nominate a "Best Team" since few of us have played with all possible candidates but I would nominate any team with Nfbeerse and CD Ernst.

In playing with them and against them I find their analytic and cartography prowess to be unmatched.

I have never seen a better TEAM than the Schmitters and Sander Anneveldt. both. They are great players and nice people as well.

- Andy Brogan

It is diffucult to nominate a "Best Team" since few of us have played with all possible candidates but I would nominate any team with Nfbeerse and CD Ernst.

In playing with them and against them I find their analytic and cartography prowess to be unmatched.

Strange how you rate those two players when they have not been mentioned before, I guess Sponges list is flawed.

Excellent Idea, I will get back you in say 5 years.

Realistically it would take too long but if individual players would like to work out there own points and submit them via a PM I will compile the list. It would also have the advantage of being current with players still active.

Ok....I am curious and I have a larger than average ego.

Given the scoring system described above, I have 46 points.

Thats the opening bid, do I hear some higher bids????

Steve Graves

Guest Spongebob

Finally someone who has the stones to score his skill. I worked mine out and on the Spongebob Scale I scored.... None, Zero, Ziltch, Naff, Nadda. Not hard to be beat me guys come on, work out your scores. Its something to do between world domination and the wait for 89

I nominate Des Feeney as the best! :thumbsup::cheers:

It's hard to really quantify the best player because of differences in style. For example, myself, I am generally not as concerned about me winning as I am enjoying the game and helping/working my allies. Normally, I join the game solo and find allies when I get there. As a result, I have never 'won' any of the games I've been in. I do not consider myself a great player by any means, but slightly above average. Surviving is a very important factor in determining 'quality'. Even the best player will be knocked out with 2 to 1 or more odds, when fighting quality or at least coordinated opponents if help doesn't arrive soon. The good player may last longer, but the end is usually the same.

That being said, I'm game, and I'll use your rating system. Be back.

:cheers: