Rolling Thunder Forums

Pace Discussion

PhaseDragon

Hmmmmm

Then I could be misreading

A bit more than 6 turns....you need to add 2G and 3G space science. But in effect 8 turns. By then your improved materials should kick in and 2-3 more Slot 1hits and you have NTWD.

I first understood Woolfe/MMB to suggest you can get Mk III/Mk IV JSS, Nuclear Engines and NTWD in eight turns.

Which wouldn't leave any room for Jump Drives at all. To get NTWD in 8 turns, something would have to give -- engines, JSS or jump drives....

But then I read MMB's statements more closely:

and 2-3 more Slot 1hits and you have NTWD

Ok - this makes more sense. What 2-3 more slot 1 hits? Jump Drives? Probably.

So still - about six months and everyone has the ability to knock down warp points quickly and make multiple jumps per turn.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit more than 6 turns....you need to add 2G and 3G space science. But in effect 8 turns. By then your improved materials should kick in and 2-3 more Slot 1hits and you have NTWD.

:lol:

hmmmm

1. MK II JSS

2. 2G Space

3. MK III JSS

4. 3G Space

5. MK IV JSS

6. MK II Nuke

7. MK III Nuke/MK I Fusion

8. MK IV Nuke/MK II Fusion

It depends of how quick you get the improved materials etc.... you could get NTWD in 11 turns, have MK II Fusions and MK IV JSS. Start building on turn 12...or something like that...

:o

Hmmmmm

Then I could be misreading

I first understood Woolfe/MMB to suggest you can get Mk III/Mk IV JSS, Nuclear Engines and NTWD in eight turns.

Which wouldn't leave any room for Jump Drives at all. To get NTWD in 8 turns, something would have to give -- engines, JSS or jump drives....

But then I read MMB's statements more closely:

and 2-3 more Slot 1hits and you have NTWD

Ok - this makes more sense. What 2-3 more slot 1 hits? Jump Drives? Probably.

So still - about six months and everyone has the ability to knock down warp points quickly and make multiple jumps per turn.

Please don't lump me in with Martin on this. Nothing in any post I've made suggests anything about research paths to any heretofor generally unknown techs. I was merely pointing out that you were making projections based upon incomplete information. Martin is the one who seems to be relishing in dangling little morsels of information to the unfed peanut gallery.

Red Corner ...........................................................................Blue Corner

========........................................................................

...=========

Woolfe <------------------------ :D -----------------------------> MMB

................................................^

................................................^

...................................Eternus/Peanut Gallery

Don't worry fellas! You're in your respective corners. I won't lump the Spaceward Ho! Hat From Death with any Woolfe's ever again! :D

I still appreciate the information. I'm right on the edge of discovering the tech, and I assure all of you who read this -- I will publish the path in big glorious letters for all to see. I just think its too big of an advance to keep from the masses - especially one that will affect the game so tremendously.

So no more hints if you want to keep the secret of NTWD in the dark chambers of your inner sanctums etc etc.!

GSL translation...I think I coined something lame like "Green Saltine Legion"

But my favorite GSL anacronym translation remains Cao Cao's:

"Gossiping Sissies League"

Although Valwyn and the boys know damn well I mean no ilk toward any of them as they are all fine fellows :thumbsup:

How odd! I had a ship with 5 Mk II JSS and a 3rd level scientist who could not survey a class C warp point!

:beer:

Ixitixl,

That is an error! A single Mk II JSS should be able to SURV a Class "C" Warp Point.

Class C difficulty is 35.

A Mk II JSS gives you 50.

Class D difficulty is 70, however.

You need a Scout type more than a Scientist type, although both help.

A 2nd Level Scout (Adventurer) is equivalent to a 4th Level Scientist (Academician).

-SK

That's a horse of a different color. I assume you have downloaded Pete's PDF on Warp Point Surveying off of the RTG website, yes? (If not, do so ...)

5 Mk I JSS with a Level 3 Scientist isn't going to be able to SURV a Class "C" Warp Point alone. You'll need more Mk I JSS's or a Scout character (Level 3 or better) or some science installations on a planet in system, or a combination thereof. :beer:

I still appreciate the information. I'm right on the edge of discovering the tech, and I assure all of you who read this -- I will publish the path in big glorious letters for all to see. I just think its too big of an advance to keep from the masses - especially one that will affect the game so tremendously.

That's actually a relief since the information was bound to come out fairly soon by one means or another.

Incidentally, I meant no ill will toward Martin, even if it kind of sounded that way. I was making a purely factual observation - that none of my prior posts contained any hints about NTWD.

Good gaming,

Woolfe