Rolling Thunder Forums

Neutral Population Growth

EternusIV

Same thing that governs your own colonial pop growth - primarily attrition and inherent lifeform reproduction rate.

Unquote

Hmmmmm, well I haven't seen anything at the end of my orders results regarding these Neutrals and their growth rate (or lack thereof). For my 2 colonies I get reports stating that X pop died to attrition and Y pop grew this turn. If what you say is true, shouldn't I be getting something along the same lines for the Neutrals? I'm assuming that the Neutrals don't suffer attrition since it IS their homeworld. Since I haven't seen any growth out of these guys in over 15 turns, it seems that the death rate = the birth rate.....

Sakarissa :D

Thanks, Pete,

But your answers have prompted another question from me:  Can I use the "taken in" neutrals to colonise another world or moon, or are they permanently glued to their home world?

You could carry them off, but unfortunately their base lifeform type isn't recorded when converted into Colonists and dropped into one of your pop groups - they'd be considered "your" population at that point, and would essentially become your Empire's pop for all purposes at that point, including attrition calculations.

So is this another exploit you could use to increase you pop growth? All I have to do is move the pop units of a controlled neutral and they become my pop units. That would make it worth taking over as many neutrals as possible.

Yup, with about a thousand new Gremloids becoming citizens per turn the problem is rather what to do with em all. You just can't expect everyone to sign on as a pilot of a Guided Missile Mk I :D

/Locklyn

Actually I have been wondering when and if there ever will be any effect of maintaining pop occupied, building temples and sports facilities etc to keep the populace happy. I have done various experiments on both my hw and my colonies and there seems to be absolutely no effect of religious or stability boosting buildings as of yet within the game excepting success rate of leaders. Has this been implemented yet and is it just because we don't have high enough (4G+) installations we're not seeing any results?

Locklyn

I'm really hoping that we'll eventually run into Neutrals that have made it into space, can defend their own turf and do more than sit on their hands waiting for us to either invade or persuade them :D It would add colour to the game and would be a good change from the usual spreadsheet juggling of what to build...

/Locklyn

According to MadMartin, that sounds exactly like the requirements for continued GSL membership...

:blink: Ummm ... two questions:

1) Which GSL?

2) What sounds like GSL requirements?

Can't be the Gremloid Society of Love so it must be the other GSL..what did Cao Cao call it..oh yes..the "gibbering sniveling league".

He probably means Lars commentary about fighting or pursuading neutrals...I thought the Grand Old Charter gave these poor space beings territorial rights..

??

:beer:

The GGT has to date never invaded a neutral, just persuaded...we save our gallant troops for homeworld and colonial defense forces :beer:

/Locklyn