Rolling Thunder Forums

Mental Powers Need Explaining

Locklyn

We did not purchase max on mental powers. However, it appears our research rates are somewhat higher than races without such powers (less than 12 turns for Improved techs). Based on current exploration results, can't say exploration has been helped. And sure would like random number generator to give us the leaders we THOUGHT we'd get with our set up. (Finally got a scout!) (Anyone need a couple detectives?)

Octus Imperium

:alien:

If you'd like, we can send you the portion of our spreadhseet that deals with leader percentages. It's quite simple, assuming you've got the PDF that RTG posted with the raw effects of your governmental choices.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hereby announce the formation of an informal guild known as the guild for a Better Mental Society :alien: I invite all Empires who have aquired mental powers and wish to research together towards the vaunted expansions of our powers!

Please contact me soonest for more information!

/Locklyn of the GGT

Please Note that this is a non-political or economical grouping which sole purpose is to decipher research for better mental powers.

After getting a lot of emails on this I'd better clarify:

1) It is not a ISIS junior, II or the Second Coming grouping

2) It has nothing to do with the former GSL or any other power grouping

3) It is not an attempt by the mental races to enslave all other sentinents in the universe...look deep into my scaly eyes if you don't believe me... :beer:

It is simply a group for finding the paths to advancing mental powers to those areas described in the rules...

:cheers:

/Locklyn of the BMS :)

We would love to contribute, but as our minor telepathic abilities were simply role-play fluff to explain our hive-mind, we have nothing to contribute. Heck, we haven't even finished research 2g telepathics yet, and we started on our first turn!

We did not purchase max on mental powers. However, it appears our research rates are somewhat higher than races without such powers (less than 12 turns for Improved techs). Based on current exploration results, can't say exploration has been helped. And sure would like random number generator to give us the leaders we THOUGHT we'd get with our set up. (Finally got a scout!) (Anyone need a couple detectives?)

Octus Imperium

:beer:

If you'd like, we can send you the portion of our spreadhseet that deals with leader percentages. It's quite simple, assuming you've got the PDF that RTG posted with the raw effects of your governmental choices.

Thanks. But have a spreadsheet from a few months ago that helps with 'predictions'. However, the gods of random number generators have not been kind.....

Octus

Hmmmm. I recieved back a TAC report on one of my armies and I was a bit confused.

I know that mental powers where being added into the mix but it appears there is an

inconsistency. The base rating is all areas is determined by the ground unit items

your race has sucessfully researched which is fine by me. you then add in the racial mod

which we dont know which is still ok by me. The Mental power tactical rating is a bit

different however in that it uses actual items you can build(ie those mental MDD's) to the

mix. This can be a bit misleading as a mental power race may not have built any mental power based MDD's. Are Mental power tac ratings handled a little differnently?

Hmmmm. I recieved back a TAC report on one of my armies and I was a bit confused.

I know that mental powers where being added into the mix but it appears there is an

inconsistency. The base rating is all areas is determined by the ground unit items

your race has sucessfully researched which is fine by me. you then add in the racial mod

which we dont know which is still ok by me. The Mental power tactical rating is a bit

different however in that it uses actual items you can build(ie those mental MDD's) to the

mix. This can be a bit misleading as a mental power race may not have built any mental power based MDD's. Are Mental power tac ratings handled a little differnently?

Mental power races get TAC ratings in Telekinetics, Telepathy & ESP by having 1st, 2nd, etc generations of technologies in those areas. Any other item technologies that they possess also add in. This was done both to give those techs extra value and to allow for differentiation should two mental power races meet in combat. It's easy to have lots of differentiation in the other TAC categories such as Armor, Amphibious, Transport etc because there are so many ground combat technologies that one side might have but the other doesn't. In the case of mental powers, if both had 4th Generation ESP they would have the exact same TAC rating in ESP--but one can have more if he happened to work on an ESP bomb, for instance. That investment would give him an edge.

• 1 month later...

Regarding the BMS

I am withdrawing quite a lot from the game having reduced my commitment to it and my empires, will be doing so even more to the point of perhaps relinquishing the GGT hence I have to abandon the BMS project. Those few of you who were genuinely interested and not only trying to pump me for info :beer: thanks for taking the time to contact me, if I get back some extra energy we'll try again in the future.

Cheers

/lars