Rolling Thunder Forums

How would you consider this empire...?

T'Aleen Empire

If a empire were to setup shoot to kill orders at his own incoming HW WPs, and had react only beacons on WPs for two systems beyond the HW system - would that empire be considered to be what:  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And THATS why I had a disclaimer :lol:

Sorry Sakarissa :(

Maybe it was your icon. Its very possible I confused you with someone else. Hence the question mark.

And yeah WKE -

I'm sure there are tons of other bloodmongers out there....I'll let them chime in for themselves :alien2: I listed the ones that seemed more active and vocal.

Would you add NSI to that list? :lol: Jk JK wouldnt want to start another monster thread regarding THAt whole affair :P

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eternus,

I'm not saying I belong on the list. I'm not saying I should be rated higher than #4. I'm not saying that I should be rated lower. I'm not saying that I don't belong on the list. And when it comes right down to it. I'm just not saying. :P

To quote many political figures throughout the multiverse:

"I can neither confirm nor deny......."

Sakarissa :alien2:

Eternus,

Going back to your scenario,

Unless you wish to invite war, then the only reasonable alternative is to warp back to the WP you came through. :(

Yes, I do agree that you cannot know for certain that the other player is telling the truth. But, if he warns you to go back, and you ignore him, do a MOVE, SURV WARP, you are in fact, the aggressor. The Explorer in this scenario, is in fact making a determined decision that it's policy of exploration is superior to the others policy of 'go away'. :P

Let's assume that it is you and I. You warp into a system with one of my ships that has 5 WP's (and let's assume the one you came through is a 2 way). I say, go away back the way you came, this is my system and the other 4 WP's lead to my systems. You say, prove it! and MOVE SURV and WARP into one of the other WP's. THERE is no way, that any time soon, I would trust you or believe anything you had to say because you ignored my warnings, and I would consider your actions an act of war. :alien2:

I say, go away back the way you came, this is my system and the other 4 WP's lead to my systems.

I agree with you.

I did mention that if Player B listed all the adjacent systems and told Player A that the adjacent systems belonged to Player B, that Player A would have little excuse not to turn around.

I would turn around if you listed the adjacent warp points that were yours (which perfectly fit the standards I created for myself in my scenario):

Why?

Because I would be put on "notice" that I would be invading your space by pressing forward.

However - lets add another twist....

Suppose I can't go back? Suppose its a 1-way or Class G? Are you suggesting I rot? :P

Personally, I would ask you if there is a less intrusive way for me to find a path back home that leads away from your main system. If you were difficult about it, I would think I would have every right to press forward for the survival of my crew :alien2:

But I dont imagine you and I would have those problems. :(

Oh and CaoCaotheNiceGuy-

:lol:

I have a feeling that you are "serial killer" nice

I think the one-way warp points are proving to be more plentiful than originally thought and were not in a lot of people's plans when first considering defensive strategies. There is also a lot of unknown technology out there. And there are also plenty of players that are out for blood. All of these have to be considered when formulating a defensive strategy. I know not everyone will agree but I think when comparing defensive decisions to role playing styles, it gets somewhat grey and cloudy. Role playing styles become much more clear when one is out on the move, initiating the contact and possible conflict.

OOC: I understand the thread completely and would personally prefer to be paranoid in any first-contact proceeding.

IC: We of the Zraaknod Brotherhood have always been alone on our world and have never had to compete for the plentiful resources and hive locations. At one point in our history we were hunted by predators and had to develop defensive weaponry, but we have no translation for this concept of 'war'.

OOC: In other words, I'm going to play them naive as hell until and unless someone blows up a food-finding vessel. Then I get to role-play their astonishment as they try to figure out how a 'predator' developed space-travel. :alien2: