Rolling Thunder Forums

Research tree - Installations

PhaseDragon

I was wondering if anyone would care to share the tech tree since it is obviously the most misunderstood part of the game...especially where installations are concerned. There is no exact indication of what tech is required to gain the ability to build new installations. The cry for help to Pete and Russ has been posted several times to no avail so the only solution would be to share. That way it will be easier to figure out which techs open up which installations.

Also, there is a lot of confusion about which techs are usable in research center 1 for saved research points and which ones are not. I read in another post that Superior or Incredible ratings indicate that the tech is NOT researchable with saved points and elsewhere that only up to 4th Generation in horizon tech is "buyable" this way. If I am wrong please correct me or list any exceptions that you have found to the above guidelines.

Therefore you could buy Mk 2 Fusion Engines but not Mk 3 Fusion Engines according to this. Also, you CAN buy advanced resources which means that Transwarp Drives are within these limits also (At least the Nuclear and Fusion versions).

Just to start the discussion off right I will list the ones I have heard:

Fuel Distillation Complex requires Improved Construction Materials from research and to build.

Fuel Purification Refinery requires Improved Fuel from research and Advanced Fuel to build.

Domed City requires Improved Construction Materials and 2nd Generation Civil Engineering from research and to build.

Improved Stripmines requires 2nd Generation Industrial Science, 3rd Generation Planetary Science, and 1st Generation Civil Administration from research and Improved Heavy Machinery to build.

Improved Industries requires 3rd Generation Civil Engineering, Advanced Bionics, 3rd Generation Computers, and 1st Generation Cybernetics from research and Improved Construction Materials to build.

If I am wrong about these please post the correction here as well as any other installations that you may have discovered.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to start off on a good foot :huh::D

I will join your quest :cheers:

I would like to know more about Terraforming so I will start with that one too. :thumbsup:

It appears that Sha'thar of the Gosht Kohr is of the same opinion as my alliance members and I have made a mistake in releasing the above information. I apologize to my alliance members for releasing the above information.

And how exactly does it detract from the game in any way? I just dont see it, but then again Im not the paranoid or insecure type. :huh: All those early tech WILL be found by everyone. Its just a question of time. This is a classic Win-Lose attitude far from the Win-Win I subscribe to.

President Guztov

CIC Takarran Star Forces

And how exactly does it detract from the game in any way? I just dont see it, but then again Im not the paranoid or insecure type. ;) All those early tech WILL be found by everyone. Its just a question of time. This is a classic Win-Lose attitude far from the Win-Win I subscribe to.

President Guztov

CIC Takarran Star Forces

It certainly detracts from the game for those that already have the information.

It appears that Sha'thar of the Gosht Kohr is of the same opinion as my alliance members and I have made a mistake in releasing the above information. I apologize to my alliance members for releasing the above information.

Don't let 'em beat you up too bad.

1. Nothing on that list isn't known by every alliance in the game already.

2. Lone wolves who have gained by the release aren't a threat anyway.

3. Consider it quid-pro-quo for the imp/adv fuel info that might have saved you a turn of frustration.

:huh:

Its all good.

Tom

Well I am new I think that its a good thing to help ppl like me. :cheers:

What if I run into a adv. player that wishs to kill me. :thumbsup::D

At least I will have a chance. :huh::taz:

Even know he/she still will be so much more adv. teck then me. :oops:

Just what I think. :oops:

It certainly detracts from the game for those that already have the information.

President Gustov,

I doubt they will make any attempts to convince you how sharing info with everyone on the board detracts from the game. Being helpful to other players can be beneficial to the game. But there is a difference between actually being helpful and only appearing to be helpful. :thumbsup:

It's not as much a matter of how it detracts from the game as it is a matter of them losing their advantage over other players. If they will admit this or not is yet another matter. :huh:

Sharing info on this board doesn't detract from the game at all. However, it does take away the influence that they wish to exert through their alliance and levels the playing field, which is something they don't want. :D

For the record, our issue was with the format of the tech data, not the release of the data itself. Following the format of the last tech release is our intention. That is, presenting the data in a manner that is more comprehensive and easy to read/understand, and of course double checked for accuracy. :huh: A simple enthusiastic oversight, nothing more. We are proud to count the colorful PhaseDragon as one of our own.

We do not believe that the release of fundamental, early game tech data has any long-term detrimental effects on the game. In fact, we welcome the chance to engage others who have already mastered the basics. It is more fun that way.

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

(When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults.)

Phoenix Arisen