Rolling Thunder Forums

Research tree - Installations

PhaseDragon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I read in a previous post:

You are able to CTRN pop units of couquered empires.

You can load those Colonists onto fleets.

You can drop them back onto the world in your own pop group....and presto, they change into your own population.

On an ideal CSV world this would be a viable option assuming that everything said here is true. Since CTRN, LC, and OC orders take no aciton points it is just a matter of orders to convert an entire population over in 1 turn this way.

Is that cheating?

From what I read in a previous post:

You are able to CTRN pop units of couquered empires.

You can load those Colonists onto fleets.

You can drop them back onto the world in your own pop group....and presto, they change into your own population.

On an ideal CSV world this would be a viable option assuming that everything said here is true. Since CTRN, LC, and OC orders take no aciton points it is just a matter of orders to convert an entire population over in 1 turn this way.

Is that cheating?

After the hue and cry about not wanting people to be able to transfer population to other empires, I'll have to look into a fix for this as well. I don't think it really matters for small conquered neutrals (if you want to move off their small amount of pop and colonize with it, who cares?), but a conquered homeworld would be another story - especially since that homeworld would undoubtedly be "deliberately undefended" to allow just such a tactic.

If you find yourself in control of 500,000 pop on somebody elses homeworld you are going to want to colonize with them as you develop that economy. How are these colonists going to react to being used as colonists? Are they going to have the characteristics of the original lifeform or or the current owning lifeform? What about continuing to add colonists to an existing colony?

Now supposing that you and a couple of allies have conquered a homeworld and now you want to split the spoils. Is it going to be possible to split the remining pop 3 ways and use transport systems to allocate the spoils/loot? Or are we going to have to try and use the tried and true method of realestate transfer in PBM's to attempt this asset distribution?

:drunk::thumbsup::cheers::thumbsup:

Luckily, I have plans on Fridays and Saturdays (usually observatory labs, beer, girlfriends or all three) so the turns are icing on the weekend for me :nuke:

If you find yourself in control of 500,000 pop on somebody elses homeworld you are going to want to colonize with them as you develop that economy. How are these colonists going to react to being used as colonists? Are they going to have the characteristics of the original lifeform or or the current owning lifeform? What about continuing to add colonists to an existing colony?

Now supposing that you and a couple of allies have conquered a homeworld and now you want to split the spoils. Is it going to be possible to split the remining pop 3 ways and use transport systems to allocate the spoils/loot? Or are we going to have to try and use the tried and true method of realestate transfer in PBM's to attempt this asset distribution?

Hobknobs brain :D:drunk:

I see your point. It almost seems like there should be an efficiency grade related to assimilation time.

I'm content to keep apples from oranges for the time being...it makes more sense than throwing everything together willy-nilly (ally populations especially)

As for splitting the spoils.....lets be realistic :robot:

If the climate fits, then the ally who can land there should wear it. Right?

You can just as easily divide the production in terms of PRODUCT of the new industrial base. Having a triune presence between the three allies upon the homeworld seems nothing more than unrealistic territorial impulse :unsure:

Running even as I type.

Isn't this more dangerous than running with scissors? :blink:

I look at it like this. If 3 empires equally share the burden of taking out a postion the spoils should be divisible. WHile the product could be split or shared that doesn't help in the production of said product. Since we all will have slightly different tech and neighbors are for trading with as much as anything, then we will also need to be sharing the ability to produce.

It doesn't make any difference if you come from a like world or not as your attrition isn't/shouldn't be applied to the natives you are taking control of.

Your turn. :unsure::nuke::D:robot::drunk::blink:

Pete while we are engaged in this sort of brainstorming session, would it be possible for special characters from multiple races to be co-located in fleets or pop centers? It could be because they are held as hostages or because they are miltary attaches, but it would be neat for those that enjoy some role playing in the midst of epic power gaming crew their ships multiculturally.

Also, if you have time to get into it, can we engage in boarding operations?

we will also need to be sharing the ability to produce.

Are you overlooking your new SLAVES that come as an attachment to that newly occupied homeworld?

He who GATK's first gets the goods am I right?

Suppose player A wins the planet with a GATK.

Player B would have zero attrition if he/she colonzied it.

Now - to ADD to the population, it would make sense for Player B to do the COLB thing and land with X amount of colonists.

Player A could then shoosh over materials from the conquered player to help build up Player B's portion of the economy.

Player C would set up a drop-off point to receive goods produced by Players A (via the new slaves) & B (via the new colony).

In other words - why treat a conquered homeworld any different than a conquered neutral?

Pete while we are engaged in this sort of brainstorming session, would it be possible for special characters from multiple races to be co-located in fleets or pop centers? It could be because they are held as hostages or because they are miltary attaches, but it would be neat for those that enjoy some role playing in the midst of epic power gaming crew their ships multiculturally.

Also, if you have time to get into it, can we engage in boarding operations?

Right now the characters table assumes that they are assigned to your fleets. The only way to have your characters assigned to somebody else's fleets at this point would be some sort of transfer order that would permanently transfer a character off :unsure:

Just leave your character on one of your own ships (he's much more comfortable there anyway, with his personal tentacle-massager) and have it move along with your ally's force. As long as you both arrive at a battle on the same order impulse, everybody is involved anyway from any number of empires.

Ships can indeed be captured in battle.

Never run whilst grasping a cutting implement in one's pseudopods. Somebody could lose an eyestalk. :nuke:

I look at it like this. If 3 empires equally share the burden of taking out a postion the spoils should be divisible. WHile the product could be split or shared that doesn't help in the production of said product. Since we all will have slightly different tech and neighbors are for trading with as much as anything, then we will also need to be sharing the ability to produce.

It doesn't make any difference if you come from a like world or not as your attrition isn't/shouldn't be applied to the natives you are taking control of.

Your turn. :unsure::nuke::D:robot::drunk::blink:

The only catch is that when there was a general hue and cry to eliminate population transfers, splitting spoils (ie the population of the target world) became very difficult. Since a "captured homeworld" could just as well be a deliberately undefended homeworld to exploit the trade issues everybody wanted closed...it spells trouble :(