Rolling Thunder Forums

Research tree - Installations

PhaseDragon

QUOTE (hobknob @ Jan 30 2004, 11:29 PM)

I look at it like this. If 3 empires equally share the burden of taking out a postion the spoils should be divisible. WHile the product could be split or shared that doesn't help in the production of said product. Since we all will have slightly different tech and neighbors are for trading with as much as anything, then we will also need to be sharing the ability to produce.

It doesn't make any difference if you come from a like world or not as your attrition isn't/shouldn't be applied to the natives you are taking control of.

Your turn.       

The only catch is that when there was a general hue and cry to eliminate population transfers, splitting spoils (ie the population of the target world) became very difficult. Since a "captured homeworld" could just as well be a deliberately undefended homeworld to exploit the trade issues everybody wanted closed...it spells trouble

Alas, something I'll never have to worry about, cause when I take over the galaxy it will be mine.....ALL MINE!!!......muuhaahaahaahaa....oh...err....excuse me. :unsure: Sorry, got carried away there. :lol:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A rule of assimilation of 10% per turn should be fair. It would give time to an empire to retake the world and impose a sort of diminishing formula for assimilation: 500,000 pop:

turn 1: 50,000 assimilated (450,000 remain)

turn 2: 500 grow, 45,050 assimilated, (404,950 remain

turn 3: 470 grow, 40,542 assimilated, (364,878 remain)

turn 4: 430 grow, 36,530 assimilated, (328,778 remain)

turn 5: 390 grow, 32,916 assimilated, (296,252 remain)

turn 6: 360 grow, 29,661 assimilated, (266,951 remain)

turn 7: 320 grow, 26,727 assimilated, (240,544 remain)

turn 8: 280 grow, 24,082 assimilated, (195,068 remain)

turn 9: 230 grow, 19,529 assimilated, (175,769 remain)

etc....

Still technically an exploit but a little more fair. Of course the growth numbers I used were completely made up and aren't even percentage based. Just using any number to illustrate the example.