Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 73

LSSAH

News from the mediteranean! How exciting! That region was always such a mystery to me! And what of the rest of the world? I see America and Canada are at war! Is there any activity, or is it all bark and no bite? How are you faring Italy? Fighting two enemies, must be tough. And Switzerland attacking France! How's the rest of the region going to fit into this I wonder?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salutti Tutti,

Italy is still doing well... Spain has other problems than going for poor little Italy :D . And whats up with you?

Pedrolito

It appears France has Germany and Lowland as well as Switzeland problems...3 on 1...not very sporting, eh wat? And with Denmark and Czechs TA'd to them...frightening.

My fellow maintainers of equilibrium: shall we allow this to stand? I cannot. For if we do not hang together, we most certainly will hang separately (ie I'm next; ie Help!)

Queen Victoria's Own

Well thanks for the interest Italy, after a slow start full of hiccups (receiving turn results) the poorly oiled Central Russian war machine is finally beginning to prosper, and as we speak more and more armored and infantry divisions are coming from the line. The region itself though seems somewhat less than wartorn - interesting, I wonder what will happen soon as tensions seem to continue to rise!

-C. Russia

Spain has other problems than going for poor little Italy.

News from the front:

The portugese offensive is going as planned. Out intelligence was right about the location of the spanish armies. They have been found, isolated an bombed. Armoured spearheads race into the interior while heavy infantry prepares the final assault on the isolated spanish armies.

Soon all of Europe will dance to our tunes. :nuke:

It appears France has Germany and Lowland as well as Switzeland problems...3 on 1...not very sporting, eh wat? And with Denmark and Czechs TA'd to them...frightening.

My fellow maintainers of equilibrium: shall we allow this to stand? I cannot. For if we do not hang together, we most certainly will hang separately (ie I'm next; ie Help!

Three on one? Not really something to brag about. On the other hand they will have to split France in three so there's not much profit for them.

You're playing UK right? No need to worry because an invasion takes lots and lots of planning, ships (AMI AMI AMI = easy ship points) and time.

But where should I go after Spain has been conquered? All those elite panzers on the border with France... :lol:

Ooooh I just LOVE this game!

You're playing UK right?

Not really....I prefer Great Britain....somewhat different from historical/political point of view. Still an empire and all that....

Kinda like "these United States" verses "the United States"...close but very, very different.

Queen Victoria's Own

In that case I suggest we discuss the case 'Gibraltar'. Soon to be portugese. Interested in leasing this piece of land for a period of 99 years or so? :nuke:

Seriously now. When Spain has been conquered I have two options. Going into Northern Africa or onwards into Europe. Northern Africa is not really an option because of the logistical problems. That leaves Europe.

And some interesting enemies east of (or at that time IN) France. Guess I'd better fill up these Panzers. It's a long drive to Paris.

:drunk:

this reminds me of an old Norwegian ruler who shared with the world his plans on conquering the world....

the wise lesson thought to us by that ruler of Norway seems to have been forgotten.... :unsure:

:lol:

Norway, let me think. Oooh wait. You mean game 72 when I was attacked by TWO oponents in turn three? :ranting:

That same game where I still (turn 13) manage to keep those TWO guys out of my three importent cities? :thumbsup:

The wise lesson I, and my opponents, learned has to do with concrete. Lots of concrete in the form of city fortifications. Legandary amounts of concrete! :robot:

And all the cities they have conquered were filled wwith rangers. Or should I say partisans? All remaining factories scrapped. Scorched earth and stuff like that. You mean that game? I call a defense like that a Victory... Sort of. :alien:

Back to game 73. One on one I win. Simple. B)

As a famous dictator/politician. W.C. said: We shall NEVER surrender!

Chico,

You sure are mouthie talking about panzers on the French borders. So far the world has not seen you take any major Spainish cities. B) Plus you never know Spain might decide to play. :alien:

Nemesis

Chico,

You sure are mouthie talking about panzers on the French borders. So far the world has not seen you take any major Spainish cities. :alien:  Plus you never know Spain might decide to play.  :unsure:

Nemesis

Well I do admit that the french border is a long drive for my Tankzkiez. But in the end the total conquest of Spain is my goal. So eventually I will end up on the French border. If France still exists at that time... :lol:

And as there are no major spanish cities on my border it will take some time before I conquer the first ones (Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao). No paradrops or amphibious assault are possible this early in the game so that is out of the question. B)

And I do hope Spain will play. All the way till the last division. I know I will. That's the only way to enjoy this game. :thumbsup:

Resistance is NOT futile... :robot:

BTW Nemesis? Newbie? Please make yourself known.

Canada finally reacts to my incursions on his territories. It was starting to get boring. Though, unless he has a lot of luck or many divisions I have yet to find, the war will be short. Time will tell, and time is short.

The world will soon know exactly how badly the war is going for Canada.

Stay tuned for more wartime news.