Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 73

LSSAH

HERE ARE SOME OBSERVATIONS ABOUT THE SITUATION IN THE MIDDLE EAST.

FIRSTLY, 10 OUT OF 10 TO TURKEY FOR SHEER AUDACITY, DARING AND OPTIMISM!!!!!

DESPITE THE FACT THAT PERSIA AND SOUTHERN RUSSIA HAVE DECLARED WAR ON HIM AND THAT PERSIA OCCUPIES THE PROVINCES OF VAN AND YESILYURT (THREATENING BATMAN), HE COMMITTED 10 DIVISIONS TO THE CONQUEST OF xERBIL IN IRAQ.

THOSE DIVISIONS ARE NOW TRAPPED IN xERBIL AND HAVE BEEN HAMMERED BY THE DREADED JU-88A-4s OF PERSIA AND IRAQ.

THEIR FUTURE LOOKS BLEAK, WHICH IS A SHAME, WHEN THEY COULD HAVE BEEN MORE USEFULLY EMPLOYED IN THE DEFENSE OF TURKEY.

TRANS-JORDAN MUST HAVE BREATHED A SIGH OF RELIEF WHEN LIBYA DW AND INVADED EGYPT.

EGYPT IS NOW FACING A TWO-FRONT WAR WHICH IS EVERYONE'S NIGHTMARE.

THE ENIGMA IS SYRIA!!

HE HAS RECLAIMED ALL OF HIS COUNTRY AND MADE INROADS INTO IRAQ.

CAN HE DELIVER A KNOCK-OUT BLOW TO IRAQ?

AND WHAT ABOUT SAUDI?

HE INVADED UAE WHICH HAS NOW SFP.

WILL HE CONTINUE HIS FOCUS ON UAE OR LOOK ELSEWHERE?

AS IN THE REAL WORLD, THE MIDDLE EAST WILL BE A FASCINATING AND INTRIGUING AREA IN THIS GAME.

HAPPY GAMING TO ALL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hendrik,

You do not have to apologize for a tac. that all people use.

You may have overwhelmed me but I still have some fight left in me.

As you have seen.

You will see me in another game at some point. As for showing you my skills. I thank you and Libya for the help to improve it on the battle field of Tunis, and in the air over it.

As you have noticed I have not given up as fast as most other ppl.

For my fun, Yours and Libya I will try to be a Thorn in your side as long as I can.

USMC_POINTMAN

Hi Pointman,

>> You do not have to apologize for a tac. that all people use.

Maybe, but it's not a tactic that I use normally. A war won like that does not count as a victory for me.

>> For my fun, Yours and Libya I will try to be a Thorn in your side as long as I can.

I was afraid you would say that .... B)

May you have fun as long as you last !

Hendrik,

Algeria 73

Hi Hendrik,

Well if you feel that way, good sir leave my country and let me take my citys back. :D

I will fight Libya and when I am done there. If I win we could fight each other at that time. :D

Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

Drinks all around and have fun every one. :cheers::drunk:

• 3 weeks later...

73 Board has been rather quiet.....

Well, the Western Front is bloody but rather straightforward. Both sides are at least clearly defined. Unfortunately my side (the good guys, of course) are rather outnumbered.

Things appear a bit more interesting lately in Eastern Europe. Poland does not seem to have particularly friendly neighbors recently. But this area appears more Machiavellian than the West....and who is really with whom is a good question in the East.

Hunker'd down in London

Queen Victoria's Own

Perhaps Mars will not smile on us. But at least I have been MUCH more careful with my TAs in game 73. I was very much in awe of the treachery of game 70. It was all but perfect and I did not see it until we could only delay the outcome and had no chance to survive.

The battle lines in the West are quite clear in game 70 and islands are indeed easier to defend. Though a bit more luck in the setups and things would have been very different.

Still smarting from a good whippin'

Bill

Well I played Norway in this game and got royally trounced by Sweden. :cheers: No comunication no nothing and i was all set to fight to the bitter end when real world events ment i missed turns and thought it best to drop and try again. A pitty really as i should have carried on..... Ah well never mind.

The main reason for posting is to find out who actually played Sweden, does anyone know? :beer:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Hendrik,

Well I am glad that I pulled your 10th Army back to my front. It makes me feel good that I have given Morocco Less units to fight. As with Libya having to spend more units to fight me thats just less against Egypt. I see that I have become a knife in both of your and Libya's sides. I guess it takes 2 to fight me. 1 on 1 can't handle it?

Even with my small production I have been doing very well. I see your going to start doing general engagement into my force so Libya will not take such losses. Nice plan.

It has been fun fighting both you and Libya. Maybe you should leave it 1 on 1. That way I could fight you later in the game. But you guys need me out of the way to take over N. Africa.

We will see what happens and how much longer it will take before I am eliminated.

All in fun

USMC_POINTMAN

News from the mediteranean! How exciting! That region was always such a mystery to me! And what of the rest of the world? I see America and Canada are at war! Is there any activity, or is it all bark and no bite? How are you faring Italy? Fighting two enemies, must be tough. And Switzerland attacking France! How's the rest of the region going to fit into this I wonder?

News from the mediteranean! How exciting! That region was always such a mystery to me! And what of the rest of the world? I see America and Canada are at war! Is there any activity, or is it all bark and no bite? How are you faring Italy? Fighting two enemies, must be tough. And Switzerland attacking France! How's the rest of the region going to fit into this I wonder?

hello central russia are you there???if not then i wonder where you have gone?if you do not reply too this then we will think worse scenerio and do our utmost too free your people of its suppressing govt.