Rolling Thunder Forums

The First Chronicles of the Star League

Ur Lord Tedric

Is the fire control rating adjusted every round to account for ships destroyed and damage taken to ships not destroyed?

Is there no chance at all that some ship will not follow the leader and fires on something else?

:robot:

I believe it recalculates from time to time - it's buried deep in the code but probably does.

Can we just query this - particularly with regards to Warp Point assaults?

Surely the FC is recalculated every round, otherwise the, perhaps, single ship that has made it through the WP would have the FC of the entire fleet, when it should only have that which is present on its own ship?

In the same way, as it appears Fighters and Drones are held at 'fleet' level, surely in different rounds of a Warp Point assault only those F & Ds that have actually made it through the WP so far will engage in combat?

This is, BTW, one of the main reasons we'd love to see round by round battle summaries, so we'd know what's happened........ :thumbsup:

Chief Warmaster to Ur-Lord Tedric

PS When F&D stats are changed on the Battle Report, could they show both the starting numbers (as they do now) and the amount remaining (like the ships show)?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a relative newcomer to the game, Jan 04, I am constantly amazed at the depth of the game and the new things I find out about it. As an average Klingon, who can't seem to get a delivery of Bloodwine :thumbsup: , I am not sure if I had been given all of the intricate details when I started, if I could have assimulated any more. :robot:

I do have sudden attacks of brain freeze, probably brought on by my not being able to GET my shipment of Bloodwine :drunk: Look, all I want to do is have a few cups of Bloodwine and contemplate Sto-Vo-Kor. :taz::taz::taz:

Anyway, Pete, keep up the good work.

Kahless :cheers:

• 1 month later...

...and the story (back to the thread) continues...

The Commander relaxed somewhat after the newly minted Fleet Admiral H'rto N'lsn left the bridge. Based upon a modified Light Cruiser design, the equally newly christened Medium Auxiliary (Experimental) ship Mercury had performed the first part of her mission without flaw. What a difference this trip was! Four WPs transited in a single cycle. Was this the sort of movement that could now be expected? Apart from some special ships in the Star League Navy, movement had long been restricted to 2AP and, without these new Transwarp drives, progress had always ended after the first jump whilst the engines re-charged.

It was a privilege and, whilst he knew he had been rewarded by the Fleet Admiral, it was still quite amazing that the Admiral had prevailed in the Conclave and had acquired no less than 360 of the 373 Mk IV Nuclear Engines discovered in two separate explorations. He must have talked fast and convincingly! The Magnetic Grapples and Stun Beams had been relatively easy to secure as they were now lying unused since the initial testing, but more than one covetous eye had lingered on the advanced engines. Only the fact that there were actually not that many had probably won the day….

And so the next phase of this special mission was about to commence, and this time the Fleet Admiral was coming along to supervise. That was a bit of a problem as the design certainly hadn’t incorporated a flag bridge, but it might prove useful. Hopefully the programmers had also finished the latest upgrade to the battle reporting software! And then it might be able to determine if being bigger, faster and better armed with both stun weapons and grapples would overcome the automated defence systems of these derelict ships. Then might the Star League discover something of this race that had reached for the stars, but failed for some, as yet, unknown reason……

Chief Scribe to Ur-Lord Tedric

• 2 weeks later...

No changes to the Battle Report style yet (unless Fighters & Drones added, but not used) – but here’s the result – we’re sure “hated” is a bit strong though!!!

** Imperial Navy Report: Fleet Order of Battle **

-------------------------------------------------- DepLoc 7 ---------------------------------

**DESTROYED** [1st] FS Pathfinder (Fleet Scout - 12,000 tons) [integrity: 13,200] (Green, Timid)

1 10cm Autocannon, 1 Fuel Shuttle, 1,200 Fuel Tankage, 1 Mk I Computer System, 1 Mk I Jump Survey Sensor

1 Mk I Nuclear Engine, 1 Mk I Nuclear Jump Drive, 10 Mk I Short Range Sensor, 1,200 Standard Hull Plate

1 Survey Lander, 1 Type A Defense Screen, 1 Type A Science Lab

Projectile: 110

Maneuverability: 0.025, Screens: 0.416, Sensors: 0.208

**CAPTURED** [2nd] FS Pathfinder (Fleet Scout - 12,000 tons) [integrity: 13,200] (Green, Timid)

**CAPTURED** [3rd] FS Pathfinder (Fleet Scout - 12,000 tons) [integrity: 13,200] (Green, Timid)

**CAPTURED** [4th] FS Pathfinder (Fleet Scout - 12,000 tons) [integrity: 13,200] (Green, Timid)

** Imperial Navy Report: Fleet Order of Battle **

-------------------------------------------------- DepLoc 7 ---------------------------------

AUXM Mercury (Medium Auxiliary - 180,000 tons) [integrity: 267,000] [shields: 75,000] (Green, Timid)

3,000 Cargo Bay, 1 Drone Rack, 1 Fighter Bay, 4 Fuel Shuttle, 15,000 Fuel Tankage, 46 Heavy Stun Beam

16 Medium Magnetic Grapple, 250 Mk I Force Shield, 9 Mk I Long Range Sensor, 9 Mk I Medium Range Sensor

9 Mk II Short Range Sensor, 9 Mk III Computer System, 360 Mk IV Nuclear Engine, 1 Nuclear Transwarp Drive

10,000 Standard Hull Plate, 15,000 Titanium Composite Armor

Gravitonic: 59,136, Sonic: 60,720

Maneuverability: 4.000, Sensors: 0.100

An armed Star League tug commanded by Fleet Admiral H'rto N'lsn runs across some enemy Pathfinders in the Sheavon star

system. N'lsn directs his gunners to stun and tractor the Fleet Scouts - they are able to capture three of the vessels

while the fourth manages to self destruct rather than allow itself to be taken by the hated League ship.

=====================================================

I don't know UL. Your avatar may very well engender hate in non-humanoid races.  :(

Never trust a man with a beard!

Or is it 'Never trust a man whose eyebrows meet in the middle'?

Or both?

See, things like this are the reason we're glad all you can see is our text. If you could see the furry thing typing it... :(