Rolling Thunder Forums

Phase Dragon Website

PhaseDragon

I had some problems but found that if I always open codes first, then go to my empire folder and open the folders in there it works fine. Opening it from the open folder in the codes page.

Mahalo Kahless. I tried that and it did not solve the problem. My issue is when I try to load text files I gete a runtime error stating the path cannot be found, both in the Research file and the PopGrp file.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See? You're falling prey to PhaseDragon's fiendish plot already! You're spending more time worrying about making the software work than you are about what your empire should do next!

We're thinking "Ed Mooney" is just a clever alias for "Bill Gates"... :ranting:

-Zraaknod Brotherhood

(which writes its own spreadsheets)

See? You're falling prey to PhaseDragon's fiendish plot already! You're spending more time worrying about making the software work than you are about what your empire should do next!

We're thinking "Ed Mooney" is just a clever alias for "Bill Gates"...

I also have my own spreadsheets and databases but I am not above acquiring useful materials from others who offer them. I have no Visual Basic skills so Mr. Mooney's spreadsheets are very very useful in pulling data out of the turns that I currently do by hand. Therefore I think they will save time in the long run.

As for the clever alias, don't you mean Gill Bates, not Bill Gates? :ranting:

We're thinking "Ed Mooney" is just a clever alias for "Bill Gates"... :ranting:

-Zraaknod Brotherhood

(which writes its own spreadsheets)

Do'nt you mean Gill Bates, in ROLEPLAy terms.

• 2 weeks later...

Still have not been able to get the Research and PopGrp spreadsheets to load the data. I can get the Research spreadsheet to load the first text file but it will not increment the next one and I have no clue on the issue for the PopGrp one.

I am wondering what the issue is. Has anyone used the updates from 10/3 and gotten them to work?

Still have not been able to get the Research and PopGrp spreadsheets to load the data. I can get the Research spreadsheet to load the first text file but it will not increment the next one and I have no clue on the issue for the PopGrp one.

I am wondering what the issue is. Has anyone used the updates from 10/3 and gotten them to work?

Not sure if the ones I got were that version, but late in Oct I did download them all and eventually got them all to work on MS Excel installed from Office 2000 on my XP PC. I did however have to fix some bugs in the two you mention to get them to work. PopGrp I think was the hardest to fix. I thought research mostly worked but it had problems with recognising my scientist breakthroughs due to my long character names. These put line breaks in the middle of the text PhaseDragon was searching for so they wouldn't spot them.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

First of all Many Thanks to Phase Dragon!!!!

I've just received my 1st turn and have attempted to enter the data (only 1 empire). I have winxp as the system and Office 2k for excel. I have AR 5.0 (full version) and can't afford upgrading to 6. But, I d/l AR7 Reader, then save as RTF. Opened RTF file and saved as txt. It appears to work so far :beer:

CODES

The first problem that came up was unable to find the path.

RESOLVED:

a. I made sure that the ID listed in AT4 was my empire #.

b. Entered the full path by hand into AR4 to include the file name.

c. Pressed LOAD FILE and it worked.

(still only blued out Iron :cheers:

GALAXY

RESOLVED: Exact same issue and answers

POPGRP

UNRESOLVED: Receive error --> Runtime error 62... Input past end of file..

RESEARCH

Couldn't find Research. The default location for research was c:\SuperNova\ .

Tried to change to C:\SuperNova\Empire1\ ==> no luck

UNRESOLVED: Receive error --> Runtime error 62... Input past end of file..

So for the most part it is working. :beer:

Morgwen

Gywdff Empire

• 1 month later...

OK, I figured I would try out the sheets to see if they would help me with my Management. Problem is, I cannot even get the sheets to load.

After downloading from your site, I try and open them in Excel 2002 on a Windows XP machince. (Came with PC as Microsoft Office XP Small Business).

I turned Macro security to low incase that was the problem. It was not. What I get is when I try and load it the following error shows :

Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost.

When I hit OK, it the "Repairs" the file, and lists the following errors :

Lost Visual Basic project.

Lost ActiveX controls.

I do not bother saving, as at this point, the for loading text appears to be an image with no activity, and if I try to look at the macros, there are none.

Any idea what is horked up here ? I have look, I appear to have VBA installed, so I am lost.

Balagor :drunk:

• 3 months later...

I know it has been a lone time since we have seen this...

just for laughs I un-installed acrobat 7 and put back in 5(that's when the files started to error) and it stayed the same in 5

soo.. looks like it is a form change on the turns that is causing the error..and since we have not seen phasedragon in a long long time..looks like it will never be fixed..

sigh.. it was a nice set of macros and would have loved for it to have kept going.

:woohoo:

No I'm afraid he has dropped like so many of the older players unfortunately. It seems only 1/5 positions I've come across so far is actually played. Makes my part of the universe BORING so we'll see how long I have the energy to keep juggling production queues and chasing bugs up

Cheers

/Locklyn