• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RTGPete  Jan 13 2005, 10:59 PM Post #13 

Keeper of the Galaxy

Group: Admin

Member No.: 3

I'm going out of town this weekend (after I get this turn out, of course!) but will be updating the Space Combat document when I get back. Expect considerable detail concerning fighters, drones, point defenses and general defensive systems"

I'm going out on an extended tentacle here and ask what the ETA for this document is especially in view of the ANZ now accurstely reporting figures some new questions has been raised and older ones still have not been answered?

Cheers

/Locklyn

Hmmmm. a little over 3 months since this update to the Naval Combat Document... I suspect

the delay might have something to do with the fighters/drones and a few other things not being quite right.

Heck I have the patience of a saint but I would like at least some kind of update as Im sure

most other players would. :D

We've already had the update. What do you think prompted the Mk II ANZ? I believe they were created to help make the Naval Combat Doctrine easier to understand. They are working on it. Progress is being made. Be patient young padawans.

Sakarissa :D

We've already had the update. What do you think prompted the Mk II ANZ? I believe they were created to help make the Naval Combat Doctrine easier to understand. They are working on it. Progress is being made. Be patient young padawans.

Sakarissa  :cheers:

Going over to the Dark Side ... it comes with instant gratification. :huh:

-SK :D

We've already had the update. What do you think prompted the Mk II ANZ?

Actually no update has been made to the naval combat primer draft since it was released in September 2003. In April 2004 Pete said he was doing a complete write and asked what people wanted in it and since then it's pretty quiet about it. The ANZ update was great in getting solid numbers but it also raised a lot of questions which could have been answered by the naval combat primer.

/Locklyn

Yes and this has been brought to Petes attention and I hope he will have fixed it for this turns ANZ rounds.

/Locklyn

Yes and this has been brought to Petes attention and I hope he will have fixed it for this turns ANZ rounds.

/Locklyn

Doesn't help those of use who wasted 3-5 orders on them last turn, though.

I wasted those same orders too so I hear your pain! :wacko:

Hopefully it'all be sorted out for this turn but Pete has not commented much on the boards.

/Locklyn

Force shield ratings are pretty easy to figure out.  As were the Armor ratings...  :)

The new ANZ's are a good start - I'm sure we'll be seeing more improvements in the near future.

-LX

The ANZ results, however, are showing up a number of anomalies that we need resolved.

Firstly the Standard & Point Blank weapon strength figures are not the same as the ones we have seen in the Battle Reports. We suspect that this is due to the fact that we see the figure that applies in DepLoc 2, but we would like this confirmed in a general GM message on turns.

Secondly, there are some obvious errors occurring in a few of the strengths seen. Please would everyone pass these on to the Oracle so that they can be amended asap....

Chief Warmaster to Ur-Lord Tedric

Ur-Lord; Have you gotten anymore on the fighter queries?

:cheers:

/Locklyn