Rolling Thunder Forums

Offical 76 Battle Thread

lil' PATTON

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok - Poland, Austria, Yugoslavia and Greece are total Allies and get all the cream of central europe.

What do Baltic, Northern and Central Russia get out of this alliance?

The honor of saying they helped someone else win the game?

A set of steak knives?

A warm and gooey feeling inside?

2 pints of beer and a packet of crisps?

telling everyone their aspirations have burnt down, fell over and then sank into the swamp?

And I'm called Gullible

Sweden and Finland attacked NR a long time before they and their allies attacked Poland. Finland DW on CR very early as well. The big battle for central Europe did not begin until relatively recently. I was initially convinced to fight Finland and Sweden for survival. Now that Sweden and friends own most of western Poland and Finland has xPovenets, it is going to be very hard to convince me (or any other CR player) that my biggest threat is not from Scandinavia and friends.

I fully agree with Gullible..What's in this for CR? I can still hear the screams of the Bulgarian brothers :cheers: (TA with CR) when they where slaughtered by Greeks and Yugoslavians :nuke: (which is all one and the same player anyway...) and now they get the full CR support....bah what a treachery :nuke: !!

Lets eliminate the trators.... :cheers:

Heavy B

Good luck to all who are left in the game. Play Nice! :nuke:

Egypt has officially fallen into Syrian hands (I will offically concede) and it is only a small amount of time at this point before All of Egypt will be part of the New Syrian Order.

Good Job Takeda and good luck with the rest of this game. I know you will fair better in this game than you did in 77.

Some excerpts from my last turn report (two Syrian turns):

Syria has conquered xMallawi

Syria has conquered Elath

Syria has conquered Karnak

Syria has conquered El Alamein

Syria has conquered Mersa

Syria has conquered Bari

Syria has conquered Minya

Syria has conquered xSuef

Syria has conquered Gha

Syria has conquered xEl Alamein

Syria has conquered xKarnak

Syria has conquered xGha

Syria has conquered Asyut

Syria has conquered Baris

Syria has conquered xBari

Syria has conquered Gemsa

Syria has conquered xMinya

Syria has conquered xElath

I just cannot compete with armament factory called "Trans Jordan" by the New Syrian Order. Just too many resources at his disposal. Oh, and yes, every province had at least 150 ldb's!

Earthling

Central Russia is crying out that the Scandanavian alliance presents a dire threat to his and his TA's security. Because of this he will forego attacking Poland or Rumania from the rear, and will fight this frightening alliance.

Vladimer I love your spin and do appreciate the compliment. But ,there are some facts that you are withholding.

The only country at war with him and his TA's is Finland.

True Denmark and Sweden are at war with Northern Russia but their involvement is a couple of coastal bombardments. As they are fighting in Poland and Chechlosalvakia,against Poland,Greece and their allies.

Baltic States has a treaty with Sweden.

The only country he is at war with is Finland

The only country Baltic States is fighting with is Finland

It is obvious to me that CR has been frightened into inaction by the thought of an army that is a long ways away with the armies of both his total allies between us.

I do however appreciate the compliment that you are paying me.

That one country has your entire total alliance in peril.

Guest General Spongebob Squarepants

You can all bleet about who killed who and when and by how much but you have forgotten one un-holy demon from the west.....

GENERAL SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS THE SUPERIOR, RULER OF THE WORLD, KEEPER OF THE FAITH AND GENERAL GOOD BLOKE

BE WARNED... I ALREADY OWN HOLIDAY HOMES IN WESTERN EUROPE, NORTH AFRICA AND THE MED :python:

Quick question.......wasn't there once a "77 France" listed in that true history? I just noticed that it has changed once again. After some digging in the 77 forum, I found that you were accused of having yet another identity ----Spartacus.

If I was Silverwing, you know the person playing france, I wouldn't be so happy with Spongebobs signature...

I mean we know that Spartacus/Patriot X and...? are all the same person , so why does he keep up that fake identity?

Is he in some kind of identity crisis? Or does he indeed play two countries? You two make quite the pair.

Greetings

Don

Still spreading propaganda?

--------------------

17 DENMARK (RIP) Knocked Out

21 IRELAND (RIP) Dropped

22 DENMARK (RIP) Dropped but owned most of Germany

73 NORWAY (RIP) Knocked Out

74 TUNISIA (RIP) Knocked Out

75 DENMARK (RIP) Dropped but not defeated

76 USA - Canada defeated, Holiday homes in Spain and Italy

78 DENMARK - Errrm not going to plan, time to beg for mercy

Now you know my true history - Maaaaaaaghhh Maaaaaaghhh

I do not deny that my armies and air force have inflicted great damage to NR

I also admit that I will destroy the Baltic Army in short order.

But, My axis of advance has been eastward not south and these victorys have come in the face of three countrys air power and I have taken a few casualties on my own.

I am pleased to hear that NR is tetering on the brink. However NR is a vast country and a lot of space still exists between us. I am in no hurry to close on your border.

Poland is involved in a death struggle that is true. But they are not standing alone.

Yugoslavia.Austria,Greece,Rumania, are all with him against Sweden and Denmark. (I am not TA'd with Switzerland)

You also fail to mention that your forces are moving freely thru a dropped Southern Russia. Even Baltic States has sent an army into Southern Russia.

The idea that you are threatened by my army of infantry that is still well above the artic weather band, and a Sweedish army that is represented by a few airborne and marines that took advantage of Polands deployment to secure a foothold is alarmist to say the least.

I did declare war on you early, I did so because I found that NR was cedeing territory to Baltic and I wanted to insure that if he ceded to you it would not impede my advance. However, I have never attacked you.

Some questions to ponder.

If you and your total allies are so concerned with my advance in northern Northern Russia why are you and Baltic States advancing South? Why has Baltic States or you not taken action in Poland? Why would you pass up the opportunity to take lightly defended territory from another player?

You are correct in assumming that I will eventually threaten your frontier and the potential exists your border could be could be approached from the west. Yet, niether one is imminent and you would have ample warning of any such advance as you receive battle reports from NR,Baltic and Poland via Baltic. Combine that with the fact that on both fronts Sweden and I face more than one opponent .

I hope the answer to these querys, is not that your goal is just to survive this game. I doubt that is the answer. More likely you are emmitting a beautiful smoke screen to conceal your advances in Southern Russia. Fighting a dropped position is much less taxing than someone who might fight back. All your doomsaying about scandanavia rings a little hollow when you add up all your and your allies actions. You are facing no opponents at present so that should we threaten your borders you will have ample resourses to defend yourself. You will have succesfully ducked any confrontation with another player, except with use of your air force. You will expand and increase your holdings at minimal expense.

It is hard to find fault with this tactic. Especially when you factor in that whoever prevails to your west will be weakened and I must still traverse the vastness of NR and fight the Baltic States before I pose any direct threat.

You mention only three groups as pulling away from the pack. I count five viable groups in this game and include your alliance, as both you and Baltic have yet to meet any significant opposition to your advances. (That will soon change for Baltic but just to expell him from Finland). You both have allied armies standing between us and your borders. The only country under attack in your alliance is NR and to think I would move to your border while still fighting there, exposing my ground forces to your t-34s is remote to say the least. I find no fault with your strategy just your spin on it.

I do not know the entire situation in the middle east. But, if I were Persia or Turkey I would have to take a serious look at my northern border.

Vladimer you rebutt your own argument.

First you claim that Finland is a dire threat to you. Then you say that anyone who checks will see that Finland has not expanded and has taken heavy losses.

You claim you have not advanced very far into SR. xPinarbasi and xBataang are not frontier towns and I would consider your advancing on them as being a fairly deep incursion into SR.

You say the game is a third over. I say it is just beginning.

I do agree with you on a couple of points however. I would like to see some pressure brought to bear against you to draw you away from NR. It would, as you say make it "easier" for me in NR. Although the implication that I am having an easy time is grossly inflated. I am fight one against three, yet I am advancing slowly. Should the odds change to one against two I would not complain.

I also agree this has been a most enjoyable game. I think I can speak for most players that fighting an opponent that fights back is much more enjoyable than fighting the computer. I tend to believe that this game is just going to get more interesting as it progresses. I welcome the probability of facing off against you when NR is subdued. Third parties tell me you are a very capable commander I look forward to the challenge.

Thank you Pratt. :python: I couldn't leave the game without drawing a little blood from my enemies! It wasn't that bad though.......I wanted to make it bigger. Takeda took all my points a few turns ago that would have made that force a much bigger pain.

Good luck with the rest of the game. ;)

Earthling

Well done Earthling!  :robot:

A fine parting shot :santa:

Who'd of thought you had it in you.

Now where did I put my battleships? :D

hey earthling,

thanks for the beer and wine. (in a way) sorry to see you go as it was fun.

goodluck

takeda

Thanks Takeda. It was fun until you won out in Trans Jordan. Even then I was able to make it interesting, until lately. I had a lot of rust to shake off in this game and you sure helped me dust it off quickly! It was a lot of fun to play in this game. I had almost forgotten how much enjoyment I got from Victory! when I left it several years ago. Hopefully we can meet up again in a future game. You are a worthy adversary and would make an excellent ally.

Good Luck again,

Earthling

• 2 months later...

Hello you all,

Time I do give a life sign from my side after all sort of stories and fantasies are goiing around. Yes I'm still here and enjoying the game. To my impression the tide has turned in Central Europe. My truly Allies are helping me in the the uneven struggle; me against 4 agressors at one time of course. It is still hard bit for the moment harder for my enemies. They are being pushing back to the point they came from and a little bit further.

So a new ruling in Central Europe will be there soon and we will say goodbye to the former ones. Be prepared and start to learn to say "goodbye and see you in the next game".

Greetings Rednas, the (still partial) Ruler of Poland.