Calling Player 3535

WKE235

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

I never called you 'evil'  :ph34r:

And I dont think what is happening here is necessarily evil at all! 

I just didnt want to be on the list of suspects placing Lord Valwyn in drag :thumbsup:

I thought my cheesy moustache was bad enough!  :P

I see no problem with posting under an alternate nick as joke. A little levity never hurts. Of course, the person who does it should *always* be willing to own up to it, if for no other reason than to take credit for it!

OTOH, it's a problem when people post under assumed names with the purpose to mislead. On some boards that I've interacted on in the past, the problem got so bad that the mods had to limit everyone to 1 nick per IP.

- Woolfe

The only thing that threw me for a real loop was the fake NSI post. It would have been super interesting to see the real? player post. :thumbsup:

From what I know of Mark, I'm sure he's a stand up guy with a good sense of humor and can take the 'punches' just fine :thumbsup:

I'll never mind someone mocking me as long as it isn't too official sounding LOL :lol:

There is a fine line between vicious slander and harmless fun. :ph34r:

As long as we can police ourselves, we wont need Russ to moderate us. :P

I seriously doubt Mark has lost his sense of humor. <_< I do think he got tired of being the victim of other peoples', shall we say, "unique" form of comedy. The whole Lord Valwym, Lady Valwyn, etc. clones became old and tiresome like commercial radio stations that play the "latest" song by a particular musician/musical group until you're sick of hearing it or for the non-radio audience, TV news shows that keep harping on the same issue for months on end (i.e. Who wasn't sick of hearing about Monica Lewinski after the first month of "coverage"? :oops: ). Plus, someone crossed the line when they started using real world information with their parodies, IMO.

YMMV

I seriously doubt Mark has lost his sense of humor. <_< I do think he got tired of being the victim of other peoples', shall we say, "unique" form of comedy. The whole Lord Valwym, Lady Valwyn, etc. clones became old and tiresome like commercial radio stations that play the "latest" song by a particular musician/musical group until you're sick of hearing it or for the non-radio audience, TV news shows that keep harping on the same issue for months on end (i.e. Who wasn't sick of hearing about Monica Lewinski after the first month of "coverage"? :oops: ). Plus, someone crossed the line when they started using real world information with their parodies, IMO.

YMMV

Precisely right Shadowkitsune..<_<

No sense of humor lost here, just a realization that little of the "comedy" occuring on this board is meant in jest. It is almost all very clever manipulation of a bored and receptive audience.

Bah!

We are all grown-ups. how can anything be taken personally?

I view the whole thing as people having fun.

The only type of thing I would object to is 100% impersonation of another player + slander.

Two words popped out in Mark's post: Jest and Bored

Jest

-----

Whether things are meant in 'jest' is something I cannot ascertain. I just presumed people are just joking with each other.

Or do we have some real rivalries out there?

Bored and Receptive

------------------------

Guilty as charged sometimes (especially the receptive part)! But I see no reason to infer that people can't come to the boards to cure their "boredom" Its fun for some of us...and a good way to kill time waiting for those turns (when a ton of posts typically appear) Messing around on the boards is part of playing PBM games. /shrug I gues I am easily manipulated into enjoying everyone's antics.

This game is suppose to be stress releiving and fun. All of the posts should be taken as game posts and not personal posts. Attributations of me being the "Satan" of the GSL are actually personal insults which amuse me since none of the GSL players know me (actually one does).

Bored - well the boards are sure fun.

Commentary - Has anyone noticed that the GSL have dropped off the boards?

Commentary - Has anyone noticed that the GSL have dropped off the boards?

Well if that's true then I will certainly be bored. :lol:

On the bright side, though, that ought to be the end of the (now extremely old and lame) Gremloid jokes.

Personly, I got a bigger laugh out of the lamest impersonation gig than out of the best Gremloid joke. I got a big kick out of them and it sure beats reading mindless threats from the evil empire of the month club.