Calling Player 3535

WKE235

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One last message i hope. :lol:

1) I have no problem with WKE's actions

2) My problem is with the Defense of his actions as non agressive. I believe him to be the aggressor, and that is a no brainer to me. why? Because he met the NSI in one system, warped through to the next and got BLOWN up. Lets see, there was a scout in one system, but he went past it to the next system. Several GSL members said they would not do this, yet they say the NSI, is not the agressor? Their logic seems weak.

3) you know, I will not go into my other problems.... You may applaud now

Gary -- I ran into NSI in two difering star systems that as yet are not connected (at least on my star maps). I did not go through a system, see a fleet, and continue on to the next star. So, in other words I share two border stars / systems with NSI, so far (with many unexplored WP's to still explore in the systems I am in alone in .. as far as I know).

Martin -- thanks for the added ideas on what to do. I like having more choices, the more the better. Keep them coming. For example, I could put a pathfinder over the Fleet scout I know of to watch it while I try to back out my cruiser from the second star system, somehow. And then watch to judge how he reacts. I'm in no hurry. So waiting would probably work.

Laserwolf -- If this is a position run by Pete, I doubt my powerplants would blow up. More likely the whole damn homesystem star. WHOOMP!! (The good news Ken, your explorers found a real nice piece of tech on a world in your home system, one of the best in the game. The bad news is they accidently set it off .. sorry, just random bad luck). :-(

OH .. and why did I send through pathfinders on two different turns? Fact -- I have two WP's that lead into the star to the same WP exit. One of them is obviously a one-way route. I thought I had discovered a second WP into the star and sent through the pathfinder and --surprise--! the same exit point as before and the same ugly Pup E Lt. Cruiser. Damn annoying.

The Ring was under the impression that every w.p. connects to only one other w.p. Are you actually saying that two different w.p.'s lead to the exact same destination? Or are we misinterpreting?

i.e.

w.p. 11111 ---> w.p. 22222

AND

w.p. 33333 ---> w.p. 22222

Lord Xaar

The Ring of Vheissu

<delurk>

w.p. 11111 ---> w.p. 22222

AND

w.p. 33333 ---> w.p. 22222

That's exactly what happens. On the upside, it's quite likely that 22222 leads to 11111. 33333 is a 1-way warp.

<relurk>

For the WP situation, this has always been the case. Think about it. For every one-way WP that exists, the exit WP will have a normal connection. Hence you have two WP's that exit at the same location. The way the one-ways are designed forces this.

This should give all the military thinkers out there something to chew on. You cannot detect (at least at these tech levels) that a One-Way is entering the system. For every WP you currently own, especially ones in stars near your "border", it is possible that there exists a jump into the WP that you do not know of. Sure you may know it connects to star X. But does star Y have a one-way into the WP that you know nothing about.

Heck, because of this, if you've moved on to the next star, someone could have leaped in with scouts or other ships and could be exploring your back door right now ... and you would never know anything about it.

Here are the combo's I have seen:

Most Common

A <--------> B

One-Ways

A ----------> B

One Way Loops

A-----------> B <-----------> C <-------------> A

A-----------> B -----------> C <-------------> A

Open Loops

A <-----------> B <-----------> C <-------------> A

What it sounds like WKE found (I have too)

1) A<----------> B

2) B -----------> C

3) A<----------> C

Heck, because of this, if you've moved on to the next star, someone could have leaped in with scouts or other ships and could be exploring your back door right now ... and you would never know anything about it.

Well -- you can survey the HECK out of your neighborhood.

All one-ways seem to end up in systems that I can eventually get in and out of through other nearby systems so far....

Of course....there is NO way to know and you do have to watch those back doors.

For the WP situation, this has always been the case. Think about it. For every one-way WP that exists, the exit WP will have a normal connection. Hence you have two WP's that exit at the same location. The way the one-ways are designed forces this.

This should give all the military thinkers out there something to chew on. You cannot detect (at least at these tech levels) that a One-Way is entering the system. For every WP you currently own, especially ones in stars near your "border", it is possible that there exists a jump into the WP that you do not know of. Sure you may know it connects to star X. But does star Y have a one-way into the WP that you know nothing about.

Something to chew on indeed... :)

The Ring, while one of the original empires, has yet to discover one of these one-way warp points (and we have been no slouch in our explorations of the cosmos). We certainly have not considered the concept of them much more than an annoyance; this puts things into an all-together new light.

We thank you for this clarification.

Lord Xaar

The Ring of Vheissu

Dwillard: "So here we are many turns later and at the first signs of conflict I see some of my initial concerns coming to light. The Exelonian Concordium/NSI deal is a prime example. "

"A prime example" is an interesting choice of words. It implies there are other examples. List them please.

Prime does not always mean "first" with others to follow. It can be used to designate quality. I could have said "a good example of my concerns....." or simply "an example of one of my concerns."

The point is, this particular incident fits within the concerns I raised at the beginning of the game.

As far as quantity is concerned, that fits right into one of the points I'm trying to make. I, too, see it as a no brainer that WKE was the aggressor and if this is how other members of the GSL will be reacting in similar situations, there will be lots more examples to come.

Dwillard: "Especially considering WKE's latest statement "My only other choice is to become aggressive and hunt down his other ships."  Being shot at by an alien in his own territory who does not want to communicate with you would not be a reason for all out war to the Federation. "

Oops.  Given that you are not biased against the GSL, I'm sure your flagrantly taking WKE's remarks out of context was an inadvertant mistake.  Here is the paragraph that your quote was taken from:

[WKE: If NSI would just contact me, I'm sure something could be worked out. I'm even willing to compensate him to make up for some of the loss, even give him some NTWD's. I am open to discussions here. My only other choice is to become aggressive and start hunting down his ships (like his fleet scouts exploring planets I encountered in a second star system that I never fired on a left alone, moving on....). And that's not my style of play]

Help me out here, since I'm a bit slow, but it seems that WKE's remarks in context had a diametrically opposite meaning to the manner in which that single sentence was presented in your post.  But you're not actually biased against the GSL.  So you wouldn't put a spin on anything.  I'll take your word for that.

- woolfe

Woolfe, I didn't take anything out of context. It doesn't matter if WKE wants to just talk about the weather. He clearly stated that if the NSI doesn't respond to his attempts at communication then he has no other choice but to hunt him down and kill him. No other choice??? That's the part that concerns me. Communicate with me or die. Remain silent and I hunt you down. Seemed very clear and straight foreward to me.

WKE has since posted some other choices that sound much more like the actions I would expect from a GSL member -- based on what they have posted as their goals, ideals, etc.. I am not trying to be a holier than thou judemental type. It was the GSL that came up with and posted these ideals, NOT ME.

So if you are going to publicly claim to be the "Peaceable Races of the Galaxy", then don't get so bent when someone points out that maybe, just maybe, some particular actions aren't quite so condusive to peace. And don't get me wrong. I am in no way trying to imply that being "peaceable" equates to being naive, stupid, or completely passive. I just think that there are a lot of other choices available that actually fit within the ideals that the GSL has posted.

For those of you interested:

On Action 1 the NSI player moved another Pup E Light Cruiser into the WP where my crusier was located. And due to the damage, the Dahak light cruiser fell (while damaging the Pup E of course). I did NOT move any other forces into the star system despite having them able to do so.

The WP I was at is a class D in a Nexus. He had two cruisers there when I moved in and a pioneer in a scout. And then, had a third coming in from below. So NSI was preparing a three cruiser force for the WP to jump through. Anybody think this guy is still peaceful? :taz:

Next, at another star (and now the third star I've had contact with NSI with), a Pup E Light Cruiser warped into the star and immediately fired on the pathfinder vessel there. ONCE more, NSI has his ships set on Fire on sight. In this case he was warping into a star where we have never met before. It appears his exploration strategy is warp in and blast anything. :python:

At least there is a couple weeks to the next turn so he can reply to my Message in his game turn (in which I sent him my email address). So I am continuing to try to make contact. BUT, when a player is going through warp points armed and firing at anything, one has to wonder as to their motives.

HEY -- anyone else have contact with another player at THREE DIFFERENT STARS yet??

Kind of makes all that drama seem pretty pointless, eh? :python:

No contact along three different stars, yet.

Thats quite a situation you have there.

I think its safe to say, that you are at war! :taz:

He's given you enough hints, that is. :lol:

BUT - I suppose you could still try to play the 'nice' guy. However, you've had the right to go in there and retaliate from the moment he blasted your ship in my book.

'White hat', or no. You've lost a few ships :python:

Perhaps he isn't bothered that he is picking on a veteran "White Hat" member of the largest alliance in the game :python:

If I see any NSI, I'll know what to expect. :python:

The Spawn salute the Exelonian Concordium in their quest for security.

Sorry MM, when a player sends cruisers into a star system, jumping through a WP with fire at will orders, they are broadcasting a very clear message. If I had run into NSI in that system with a ship I could have given him the benefit of the doubt. But he jumped into star 3 where we had never met (I have pathfinders at each WP in that star leading out from where I came in, and have had so for at least three turns), guns blazing. And I think everyone in this game will agree this means one thing: He's hell bent on fighting whomever he runs into.