Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 84

chairman lar

We decided the best way to help Lowlands and Ireland was to have Germany attack France and for the other Vikings to attack Great Britian. We of course told Lowlands that but Ireland never even wrote us. We have done what we could to help them. Now Ireland should be able to fight back. As you already know Lowlands has lost his airbase and all his planes and has lost Brussels, Amsterdam, Antwerp, and I am sure the stockpiles. Even if he hadn't said it himself I would think he was toast anyway. Now you can be assured that appearances are A OK.

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well! <_<

Tom The Red

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We decided the best way to help Lowlands and Ireland was to have Germany attack France and for the other Vikings to attack Great Britian. We of course told Lowlands that but Ireland never even wrote us. We have done what we could to help them. Now Ireland should be able to fight back. As you already know Lowlands has lost his airbase and all his planes and has lost Brussels, Amsterdam, Antwerp, and I am sure the stockpiles. Even if he hadn't said it himself I would think he was toast anyway. Now you can be assured that appearances are A OK.

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well! <_<

Tom The Red

Ok, so Germany left Lowlands out to dry by delaying his attack, gotcha. Has Germany made plans for Brussels and Antwerp yet? Just wondering. Sure glad I'm not the Lowlands. :wacko:

So can you explain why you think GB is 'not a very good player'? :cheers:

This game doesn't seem to have taken a roll call or alliance analysis...

Anyone want to broadcast such things to the world for fun or profit?

Lowlands, Morocco, Portugal, Iceland and Ireland are TAs.

Poland and Baltics are TAs (central russia is being used to gain 'free' territory, by Baltic)

UAE, Trans-Jordan, Persia, Turkey, Iraq are TAs

Bulgaria, Greece are TAs

Egypt, Libya, Southern Russia are TAs

Austria, , Czechoslovakia, Hungary are TAs

Denmark, Germany, Norway, Finland TAs

Some of this information is old. Hope that helps. :cheers:

Lowlands, Morocco, Portugal, Iceland and Ireland are TAs.

Poland and Baltics are TAs (central russia is being used to gain 'free' territory, by Baltic)

UAE, Trans-Jordan, Persia, Turkey, Iraq are TAs

Bulgaria, Greece are TAs

Egypt, Libya, Southern Russia are TAs

Austria, , Czechoslovakia, Hungary are TAs

Denmark, Germany, Norway, Finland TAs

Some of this information is old. Hope that helps. <_<

Thanks. That helps. Shall I assume you are part of the Spain/France/Italy/Great Britain/Yugoslavia Total Alliance?

I am, in fact, in this game, but I cannot tell whom I should join (the question of who will have me, if anyone, is, of course, another matter altogether)....

I think I'll not pull a Spongebob and DW on everyone....so...whom shall it be?

Ninja :wacko: Slicer

Thanks. That helps. Shall I assume you are part of the Spain/France/Italy/Great Britain/Yugoslavia Total Alliance?

I am, in fact, in this game, but I cannot tell whom I should join (the question of who will have me, if anyone, is, of course, another matter altogether)....

Ninja :ph34r: Slicer

To be accurate, it is now the France, GB, Italy, Spain TA group. <_< and yes, I am Spain. :cheers:

Feel free to send me an email or PM. :wacko::cheers:

Ninja :ph34r: Slicer

To be accurate, it is now the France, GB, Italy, Spain TA group. <_< and yes, I am Spain. :cheers:

Feel free to send me an email or PM. :wacko::cheers:

Soon to be the France, GB, Italy TA group. . . . . .

Deathwalker

I appreciate the support from the Viking alliance. :cheers:

I would say that GB is a good player...very experienced. He did to me exactly what I was going to do to him, but with two controlled provinces on my island, it was easier for him and he could do it a turn sooner that I could even try. Very nicely done. :wacko:

On the flip side, I think my allies and I taught him a lesson or two about the need to defend your island, whatever the cost may be. CPs must be a little tight about now <_<

Looking forward to continuing the battle.....

The Harbinger of Death

Ireland 84

Deathwalker

Then you will have to do more than have you and your buddies OMN CB. <_<

and btw, all the factores you guys blew up were replaced the very next turn. :cheers:

So keep playing with your ships and rangers while I march on to Lisbon. Hope you saved up for those Ju-88a-4's or I'll be disappointed. :wacko::cheers:

It was interesting to see someone raise the point about Baltic States taking Central Russia out so quickly being suspicious. Sure seems like Central Russia just rolled over. . . . . Perhaps I am mistaken, but I call them as I see them.

Seems like this type of thing happens regularly in Victory! It's a shame, because the game is a lot of fun. This type of "bad sportsmanship" has an imbalancing effect that can ruin games that would otherwise be very close contests to the very end.

If we (Victory players) tolerate this type of thing, shame on us. I for one will make it my business to try to oust any individual player or group that I find engaging in such behavior. If I can't oust them, I will do everything possible to keep them from winning.

Deathwalker

It was interesting to see someone raise the point about Baltic States taking Central Russia out so quickly being suspicious. Sure seems like Central Russia just rolled over. . . . . Perhaps I am mistaken, but I call them as I see them.

Seems like this type of thing happens regularly in Victory! It's a shame, because the game is a lot of fun. This type of "bad sportsmanship" has an imbalancing effect that can ruin games that would otherwise be very close contests to the very end.

If we (Victory players) tolerate this type of thing, shame on us. I for one will make it my business to try to oust any individual player or group that I find engaging in such behavior. If I can't oust them, I will do everything possible to keep them from winning.

Deathwalker

Emal me (tpalcorn@yahoo.com) or PM me and I'll fill you in on what I know

Deathwalker

Then you will have to do more than have you and your buddies OMN CB. <_<

and btw, all the factores you guys blew up were replaced the very next turn. :cheers:

So keep playing with your ships and rangers while I march on to Lisbon. Hope you saved up for those Ju-88a-4's or I'll be disappointed. :wacko::cheers:

Funny. . . seems to me like you keep marching (and flying) into a meat grinder. It's a good thing you replaced those factories, because your going to need them.

Clearly you haven't seen the latest surprise from your buddy down South? I hope you kept some troops in reserve. . . .NOT!

Seems to me the Spanish military needs to find a new Commander-in-Chief. . . .

Deathwalker

Wow! :ph34r: That really opened up this thread.

I don't suppose there'll be any meetings in 'No Mans Land' and singing carols THIS Christmas. :cheers:

Personally, this just sounds like the normal ebb & flow of a typical Vic! game; but I would caution against any 'ousting' of players except by the time honored method of total conquest. Then you can do it again in the next game! <_<

Much more satisfying than trying to have them permanently barred. Unless, of course, you're willing to make up the lost revenue to RTG. :blink:

Regardless, a Merry Christmas to friend and foe alike! :wacko::cheers::cheers:

Seems to me the Spanish military needs to find a new Commander-in-Chief. . . .

Deathwalker

Certainly possible. Out of our alliance, I am the least skilled. Looks like you and Morocco got lucky! :cheers:

and as for reserves, I always keep something in reserve. :wacko:<_<

Wow! :ph34r: That really opened up this thread.

I don't suppose there'll be any meetings in 'No Mans Land' and singing carols THIS Christmas. :cheers:

Personally, this just sounds like the normal ebb & flow of a typical Vic! game; but I would caution against any 'ousting' of players except by the time honored method of total conquest. Then you can do it again in the next game! <_<

Much more satisfying than trying to have them permanently barred. Unless, of course, you're willing to make up the lost revenue to RTG. :blink:

Regardless, a Merry Christmas to friend and foe alike! :wacko::cheers::cheers:

Merry Christmas to all.

Has anyone else noticed that Poland is NOT at war with anyone? (Or did I miss something in the world events?)

The All-Guessing Slicer

Has anyone else noticed that Poland is NOT at war with anyone? (Or did I miss something in the world events?)

The All-Guessing Slicer

Poland not fighting while Baltic is acquiring CR uncontested..... yes, it has been noticed. The only capable of doing anything about it at the moment would be the 'Viking Alliance', unless of course they are all one and the same. <_<