Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 86

Rogue Leader

put me out of my misery now!

Quit begging! I'm killing you as fast as I can but the damn ldb's just won't give up..... :rolleyes:

hehehe...among other things... :jawdrop:

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

put me out of my misery now!

Quit begging! I'm killing you as fast as I can but the damn ldb's just won't give up..... :robot:

hehehe...among other things... :P

Hang in there, Sven! We can have some serious help for you in a couple of turns, providing Libya co-operates. :rolleyes:

If he doesn't, it may take a little longer. :jawdrop:

Hang in there, Sven! We can have some serious help for you in a couple of turns, providing Libya co-operates

Tunisia doesn't have a couple of turns....And any Jordanian boots that touch Libyan soil will die! :P

And oh yeah I just read in the national enquirer that Spongebob is hiding in Saudi Arabia in this game... :rolleyes::jawdrop: Stay tuned for his false denial....

Guest Spongebob

Ok I am playing Saudi Arabia, no point in denials.

The question is how did you find out? I never posted, never signed any alliances with anyone and only told two people I was playing so one of them either let slip by mistake or told volunterally.

Now one of the golden rules of the sponge, unwritten of course is you never tell the world the location of the Sponge until he does. Its the whole ethos of trust, the way you get the Sponge to sacrifice his nation to defend an ally. I just want to know how you figured it out. SO I CAN EXECUTE THE SLACK JAWED CULPRIT, they know who they are.

I will accept writen letters begging forgiveness.

So on with the game then. Lets take a look at the situation shall we. First time with a large nation and to be honest I was not sure if I wanted to play, I missed two turns because I just could not get into it. Anyway decided to stick around after UAE declared war on me. You see I like to try out new tactics and new ideas, I think this is why I lose so many nations, so I have a plan.

I have lost some ground to the UAE and Turkey who must have had some help from Iraq to get to me. I was planning on staying quiet and going it alone but now the Sponge is out of the Bag so to speak does anyone want to form any kind of alliance? I know what your thinking, alliance with the sponge, hes at war with two already, should I not take a piece of the pie also? but hang on there preacher...

There is the old saying - The enemy of my enemy is my friend - or something like that. - So the embassy is open, anyone want to talk?

Oh and one final message - UAE and Turkey - Never under estimate the Sponge - Just ask Earthling :jawdrop:

Hang in there, Sven! We can have some serious help for you in a couple of turns, providing Libya co-operates

Tunisia doesn't have a couple of turns....And any Jordanian boots that touch Libyan soil will die! :P

And oh yeah I just read in the national enquirer that Spongebob is hiding in Saudi Arabia in this game... :rolleyes::jawdrop: Stay tuned for his false denial....

I may be dying, John, but I ain't dead yet! While I still have the means to fight, I will do so. You may take my country, but you're gonna have to EARN it! Losing my Marines in Elkef was certainly regrettable, and it taught me a lesson: keep tabs on my DMOG. If I had changed to retreat location, after you took Bizerte, they'd still be here. Battered and bruised (much like your forces), but alive.

Sure you wouldn't want to TA instead?

Guest Spongebob
Ahhh Spongy a good intel man never gives up his sources...Iraq, turkey, southern russia, central russia, and rumania are ta'ed. You should have worked something out with U.A.E. and Perisa to help you fight them....

Okay keep your secrets, maybe UAE would like to discuss that possible timeline, maybe not, I continue with my plan and see where it takes me. Maybe I am too small a fish and that TA group you mention more of a problem for yourself.

Cya

Guest Spongebob

Scrub that last comment, just looked at some of my recently sent emails and PM messages. It seems my trust in someone has resulted in me giving away my plan, I thought I was speaking in confidence but alas I have been fooled again. So with regret I will be dropping. I did trust so call friends not to reveal anything and they did. Too much is known in the real world for me to carry on and to do so would mean me spending money for the pleasure of other people. Im not that stupid.

So UAE Saudi is yours. Have fun because once you have it all your gonna be surrounded.

So UAE Saudi is yours.

And I have to get the guy on my border that wants to fight to the last drop of blood! :rolleyes:

While I still have the means to fight, I will do so. You may take my country, but you're gonna have to EARN it! Losing my Marines in Elkef was certainly regrettable, and it taught me a lesson: keep tabs on my DMOG. If I had changed to retreat location, after you took Bizerte, they'd still be here. Battered and bruised (much like your forces), but alive.

Damn I thought I was earning it! I'm still building on your border something I didn't expect to be still doing.... :P In hindsight I wish we had picked up Tunisia instead of egypt as a TA but what is done is done and I clearly am enjoying the Tunisian production, and still want more..... :jawdrop:

So UAE Saudi is yours.

And I have to get the guy on my border that wants to fight to the last drop of blood! :rolleyes:

While I still have the means to fight, I will do so. You may take my country, but you're gonna have to EARN it! Losing my Marines in Elkef was certainly regrettable, and it taught me a lesson: keep tabs on my DMOG. If I had changed to retreat location, after you took Bizerte, they'd still be here. Battered and bruised (much like your forces), but alive.

Damn I thought I was earning it! I'm still building on your border something I didn't expect to be still doing.... :P In hindsight I wish we had picked up Tunisia instead of egypt as a TA but what is done is done and I clearly am enjoying the Tunisian production, and still want more..... :jawdrop:

Well, we can always stop the war now, and focus our attention elsewhere. If we do that, you can keep what you took. But, if we TA, I want it all back. And I'm a much better ally than an adversary, John.

:taz::robot::jawdrop::rolleyes::P:robot::thumbsup:

Greetings Rogue Leader,

I see we are at odds again. Good luck, maybe I'll have time to come visit you in Austria, but I think your pals will keep me busy. :ranting::rolleyes::cheers:

They will try! Not sure I'll be around with my mistakes and Czechs solid play.

Thank you.

Although the war is not won until the final battle is over....I may have taken Vienna, but we still have some way to go before you are completely off the map... ;)

Yeah, I said the same thing when I was AUSTR85. What turn we going into now? TP7? I was already dead, with xVienna in Czech hands and xPollau in Hungarian hands. And now, I face the same problem, only against Algeria and Libya. How many turns will I last here? More than seven, certainly, but not by much.

You just want to become ME! :thumbsup: An honourable goal if ever there was

Oh, God! :jawdrop: John, put me out of my misery now!

Tunisia doesn't have a couple of turns....And any Jordanian boots that touch Libyan soil will die! :thumbsup:

Hm-m-m, I see History & humor are lost on some. FYI: When Grant started the Wilderness Campaign in 1864 a reporter asked him how long it would take him to reach Richmond. He replied "About 3 days if General Lee co-operates; a good deal longer if he doesn't." :rolleyes:

And precisely which Libyan soil are we talking about? Home territory? The places ceded by Egypt? The ones ceded by Egypt to them to you? The ones ceded to Egypt to park his Fleet? The ones...... oh, never mind...... I'm sure Morocco will get involved as well and no one will be able to tell whose is what anyway. I'll just have to make sure my troops are barefoot. :rolleyes::P

But I will give the devil his due, outing the Sponge[whether true or not] was a master stroke.

:jawdrop::jawdrop::robot:

Oh and one final message - UAE and Turkey - Never under estimate the Sponge - Just ask Earthling :jawdrop:

Oh, Spongy, I knew it would not take you long to boast. It's not that I underestimated you, but that I IGNORED you, taking Germany at his word that our borders would remain intact for 20 turns. Shane (Diggster) will have a tainted rep with me and my allies for some time to come. He will complain that I went back on my word by not signing the alliance on turn one, but nonetheless, the alliance was signed and he is the 'backstabber'.

Good Luck in Saudi Spongy, Looks like you are on a 2 or 3-1 short end in this game as I am in 85.

Earthling

Guest Spongebob

Oh, Spongy, I knew it would not take you long to boast. It's not that I underestimated you, but that I IGNORED you, taking Germany at his word that our borders would remain intact for 20 turns. Shane (Diggster) will have a tainted rep with me and my allies for some time to come. He will complain that I went back on my word by not signing the alliance on turn one, but nonetheless, the alliance was signed and he is the 'backstabber'.

Good Luck in Saudi Spongy, Looks like you are on a 2 or 3-1 short end in this game as I am in 85.

Earthling

Lets talk V85 facts shall we...

1 - I dont know of any agreement you had with Germany.

2 - I asked to be informed if you wanted to travel Danish waters, you did not, anyone not doing so would have war Declared upon them.

3 - If Germany agreed to secure your borders then he has complied, he is not at war with you.

4 - In mainland Europe I am the the only one at war with you.

5 - Germany has no control over what I do with captured terratory so his word to you is intact.

Lets talk V86 facts shall we...

1 - I told two people I was Saudi

2 - One let slip and has apologised

3 - My desire was to go it alone

4 - I contacted no nations on my border except to offer Alliances

5 - My plan is out and as such it will reveal my whole strategy, my defeat is secured, hence an early drop

Earthling

Lets talk V85 facts shall we...

1 - I dont know of any agreement you had with Germany.

2 - I asked to be informed if you wanted to travel Danish waters, you did not, anyone not doing so would have war Declared upon them.

3 - If Germany agreed to secure your borders then he has complied, he is not at war with you.

4 - In mainland Europe I am the the only one at war with you.

5 - Germany has no control over what I do with captured terratory so his word to you is intact.

Lets talk V86 facts shall we...

1 - I told two people I was Saudi

2 - One let slip and has apologised

3 - My desire was to go it alone

4 - I contacted no nations on my border except to offer Alliances

5 - My plan is out and as such it will reveal my whole strategy, my defeat is secured, hence an early drop

Germany's word is not intact with me and Switzerland has just emailed me letting me know that he will be joining you in the war.