Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 86

Rogue Leader

Poland conquered xVilna, xRiga, and xLiepaja from Baltic States :ranting: :ranting:

Now, I gotta ask: is Baltic States even playing? Will Austria last longer than I did in Vic #85?

Baltic is playing, since I wiped 3 Frontiers in Vilna and overran an airbase with 2 groups of Hampdens in xRiga. He has some political agreements, and he proposed a TA to Germany last turn, so he's still in there.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poland conquered xVilna, xRiga, and xLiepaja from Baltic States :ranting: :ranting:

Now, I gotta ask: is Baltic States even playing? Will Austria last longer than I did in Vic #85?

Baltic is playing, since I wiped 3 Frontiers in Vilna and overran an airbase with 2 groups of Hampdens in xRiga. He has some political agreements, and he proposed a TA to Germany last turn, so he's still in there.

Not for much longer! :ranting::ranting:

why not ?

Did you really think your attack came as a surprised?

Great tactics though!

To AB and MB: I just had a revelation in this game I hadn't yet picked up on, I guess 4 games at once and sometimes it all just runs together and becomes a blur. So you are ta'ed with the one you just vanguished in the one that is ending. I think we are on different sides this time and both in control of a massive amount of territory. I also am quite sure in my mind of all four of your ta's as it's the only way two countries could feel secure in crossing countries to go to war. I am looking forward to this one should be a good long fight..... :ranting:

JB: We hardly ran Mike out of game 78, I believe by the time my troops crawled through Italy and Spain France was all but gone, and sometimes you find the best allies in foes you met in earlier games, as you probably know. My other TA in 86 was Libya in game 78, which we really did push out of the game, but we are all one happy family now.

Hey I must applaud your taste in TA's, it is impecable, however your beginning setup leaves me wondering where will the 4 of you go once Tunisia is gone? You have some painful and narrow paths no matter where you decide to move to, I am sure you thought of that, but it will be interesting to watch you try to take out Spain and Italy with no help from mainland Europe. Later! :ranting:

:ranting:

JB: We hardly ran Mike out of game 78, I believe by the time my troops crawled through Italy and Spain France was all but gone, and sometimes you find the best allies in foes you met in earlier games, as you probably know. My other TA in 86 was Libya in game 78, which we really did push out of the game, but we are all one happy family now.

Hey I must applaud your taste in TA's, it is impecable, however your beginning setup leaves me wondering where will the 4 of you go once Tunisia is gone? You have some painful and narrow paths no matter where you decide to move to, I am sure you thought of that, but it will be interesting to watch you try to take out Spain and Italy with no help from mainland Europe. Later!

I was wondering the same thing about you guys...Where does turkey, iraq, and southern go when saudi and persia are gone... I know you are hoping syria and jordan will defeat egypt but i don't see that working out for them. And of course there is only one course of action for algeria and morocco.....Turkey or bust!???? :unsure:

Gotta wonder why Libya is taking Tunisian cities when his TA Egypt is losing ground to the East faster than a lemonade stand on a hot day

To boost Libyan production of course! :thumbsup: And Egypt hasn't really lost much...most his value is south of Cairo...safe!

To AB and MB: I just had a revelation in this game I hadn't yet picked up on, I guess 4 games at once and sometimes it all just runs together and becomes a blur. So you are ta'ed with the one you just vanguished in the one that is ending. I think we are on different sides this time and both in control of a massive amount of territory. I also am quite sure in my mind of all four of your ta's as it's the only way two countries could feel secure in crossing countries to go to war. I am looking forward to this one should be a good long fight..... :thumbsup:

Hey I must applaud your taste in TA's, it is impecable, however your beginning setup leaves me wondering where will the 4 of you go once Tunisia is gone? You have some painful and narrow paths no matter where you decide to move to, I am sure you thought of that, but it will be interesting to watch you try to take out Spain and Italy with no help from mainland Europe. Later! :unsure:

:thumbsup:

"You just have to learn how to be---- flexible"

Poland conquered xVilna, xRiga, and xLiepaja from Baltic States :unsure::thumbsup:

I forgot, in this post, to give Yugoslavia their due: they conquered xKozani from Greece. Sorry, Tito!

Apparently even the peasents in Tunisia have shown up to fight and are turning away the most experienced Algerian units. Though they have much to cheer about at the moment it will just make for a bigger diasppointment when they are executed. We will be taking no prisoners as they just foster discontent with the regular population. :thumbsup:

Apparently even the peasents in Tunisia have shown up to fight and are turning away the most experienced Algerian units. Though they have much to cheer about at the moment it will just make for a bigger diasppointment when they are executed. We will be taking no prisoners as they just foster discontent with the regular population. :angry2:

Well, John, I really wanted to hire Metallica to give you a proper ass-whoopin', but I guess what I did will suffice.

Well, Victory! #86 is shaping up nicely. Current wars:

Trans-Jordan v Egypt

Saudi Arabia v Great Britain

Libya v Tunisia :thumbsup:

Turkey v Saudi Arabia

Southern Russia v Persia

Syria v Egypt

Algeria v Tunisia :ranting:

Yugoslavia v Greece

Bulgaria v Turkey

Poland v Baltic States

Germany v Austria

UAE v Saudi Arabia

Turkey v Persia

Sweden v Norway :ranting:

Central Russia v Baltic States

Italy v Switzerland

Bulgaria v Rumania

Denmark v Lowlands

Czechoslovakia v Austria

Trans-Jordan v Algeria :ranting:

Germany v Lowlands

Big events:

Algeria conquered xElkef from Tunisia :angry2::ranting:

Poland conquered xVilna, xRiga, and xLiepaja from Baltic States :rolleyes::python:

Spain declared war to France

Just good timing....... :woohoo:

Spain declared war to France

Good maybe now the Swiss have a fighting chance...

Indeed! Spain is going strong........

Spain controls Pau

Spain controls Tarbes

Spain controls Foix

Tunisia controls Narbonne

Maybe I should go on the offensive too?