Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 86

Rogue Leader

The wheels are in motion is all I can say right now John. We are pulled by other forces not in Africa as well, so some delays are to be expected here and there. I am looking forward to the Algerian Navy visiting Crete at some point. I can't believe that you and Ken would let a juicy target like that alone for as long as you have. I would expect Ken to wait for his FW-190's with the range of 8 to come out, but with your new P-51's anything is game now I expect

I can't imagine what other forces could be pulling syria and UAE as they have only allies at their backs. As for Crete I have given it alot of thought and decided with all the mines, air and naval interdicts up not to mention the fortifications and marines there it is just not a viable target. With the fc it really isnt worth sending the airforce in. I can do alot of damage but would probably lose just as many myself in fighter losses, same reason you don't visit my airbases. I decided better to ruin syria and UAE's airforces as they didn't build fighters. Their airforces are now in hiding and not effective and they are losing upwards of 1500 arm points a turn to ours.

By the way I have begun building what you fear most--7 this turn in fact. :woohoo: After I built 10 bombers of course. :unsure:

:pirate: Me :woohoo:

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wheels are in motion is all I can say right now John. We are pulled by other forces not in Africa as well, so some delays are to be expected here and there. I am looking forward to the Algerian Navy visiting Crete at some point. I can't believe that you and Ken would let a juicy target like that alone for as long as you have. I would expect Ken to wait for his FW-190's with the range of 8 to come out, but with your new P-51's anything is game now I expect

I can't imagine what other forces could be pulling syria and UAE as they have only allies at their backs. As for Crete I have given it alot of thought and decided with all the mines, air and naval interdicts up not to mention the fortifications and marines there it is just not a viable target. With the fc it really isnt worth sending the airforce in. I can do alot of damage but would probably lose just as many myself in fighter losses, same reason you don't visit my airbases. I decided better to ruin syria and UAE's airforces as they didn't build fighters. Their airforces are now in hiding and not effective and they are losing upwards of 1500 arm points a turn to ours.

By the way I have begun building what you fear most--7 this turn in fact. :python: After I built 10 bombers of course. :ranting:

:joker: Me :wub:

Shhhh, or you won't hear the rumble of tanks in the distant desert....

• 2 weeks later...

Have been hearing about all this Tiger blood-Living on Tiger blood- I have found some Tiger meat, I think I will find out what all this is about and dine on Tiger Meat :)

The air space over crete has been declared a no fly zone by Algerian Air Command :D

Well you snuck one past me on that last attack. Gotta love having an 85% percent chance to intercept and failing :)

I am thinking Libya might be declared the next no fly zone as well...

Turkey

Brogan

indeed a stroke of luck which I was extremely grateful for. this turn I can fly home draw replacements upgrade my fighters to a higher speed class to compete with the spitfire ix and start building and upgrading to the soon to be feared B-25H : )

st michael- no tigers running around africa but I've heard rumors of panthers

Brogan

indeed a stroke of luck which I was extremely grateful for. this turn I can fly home draw replacements upgrade my fighters to a higher speed class to compete with the spitfire ix and start building and upgrading to the soon to be feared B-25H : )

Evening all - sorry for the lack of posts been a bit busy at work - too many incidents and changes and not enough time to se the kids.

The Syrian army is indeed in transition. The battering it takes from the air is painful but all i can say is its been a long learning experience. Maybe I have learnt something for the next game - maybe not - who knows!

Certainly I am intending to do some damage - but i can honestly say that there are many trials and tributlations in managing my burdgeoning estate and taking more desert is a little less than desirable.

Anyway I wander from the thread. Yes the air hurts, but hopefully the rail cap strike back may be hurting Libya - who knows - is it enough to hurt the Libyan defenders - may be, maybe not - I guess we will see.

Certainly I am using orders on other victory drivers - ADL upgrades etc so expansion is a bit of nice to have - ok I lie - its a really big nice to have :)

Brogan

Well, with the hole in the ground that was left, pieces should be landing around you about now :D:cheers::cheers::)