Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 86

Rogue Leader

You clearly have Russian or US mix, David. :)

Ok, second version with adjustments worked in:

Group 1 [Morocco, Algeria, Lybia, France, Italy] : Morocco, Algeria, Lybia, Tunesia, Portugal (Coimbra and south of there), Spain, France (all except Grenoble), Lowlands (all except Liege?), Italy (the south and Turin?)

Group 2 [Norway]: Norway (from Narvik southwards, except Oslo), Iceland (Hofskjull), Sweden (central Sweden between Kvikkjokk and Stockholm, not included), Great Britain (Helmsdale)

Group 3 [Denmark]: Denmark, Germany (Hamburg & Berlin and all north/between those two), Poland (???)

Group 4 [uSA]: USA, Canada, Ireland, Great Britain (except Helmsdale)

Group 5 [GB, Ireland]: Norway (Oslo), Sweden (Stockholm, Gavle and south of it)

Group 6 [Central Russia, Southern Russia, Turkey, Syria, UAE, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria]: all their home countries plus Saoudi-Arabia, Iraq, Eqypt, Trans-Jordan, Persia, Northern Russia (probably all, maybe except for a few bigger cities), Finland, Sweden (northern part), Norway (north of Narvik), Baltic States, Poland (???), Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Greece, Italy (all except southern minors, the islands and Turin), Austria, Switserland, France (Grenoble), Germany (all non-Danish), Lowlands (Liege).

Main question marks are now Lowlands and Poland.

I'm sure Tim can enlighten me on most of the unknown, then Lucas can do his magic. :D

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took xHofsjkull and all of his stockpiles with an air drop, UGU all the air units to infantry (the same turn as the drop)

How much ARM-points did you have to fly in to pull THAT off?!? Wasn't it easier to ship in a lot more airborne divisions? The cargo req. is less than the ARM-points needed!

I took xHofsjkull and all of his stockpiles with an air drop, UGU all the air units to infantry (the same turn as the drop)

How much ARM-points did you have to fly in to pull THAT off?!? Wasn't it easier to ship in a lot more airborne divisions? The cargo req. is less than the ARM-points needed!

Just went back & looked at it. I put them on DD & UGU the two AIR 39's the following turn using the conquered supplies with the city's industrial base. I did not have the ability to transport in cargo. I also built interceptors as well as some SDB's the following turn to assist in the defense. I wasn't sure if he had some ship based aircraft on carriers nearby or not, so I just wanted to add some cover for the infantry as well as ability to sink the carriers if needed.

You clearly have Russian or US mix, David. :)

Ok, second version with adjustments worked in:

Group 1 [Morocco, Algeria, Lybia, France, Italy] : Morocco, Algeria, Lybia, Tunesia, Portugal (Coimbra and south of there), Spain, France (all except Grenoble), Lowlands (all except Liege?), Italy (the south and Turin?)

Group 2 [Norway]: Norway (from Narvik southwards, except Oslo), Iceland (Hofskjull), Sweden (central Sweden between Kvikkjokk and Stockholm, not included), Great Britain (Helmsdale)

Group 3 [Denmark]: Denmark, Germany (Hamburg & Berlin and all north/between those two), Poland (???)

Group 5 [GB, Ireland]: Norway (Oslo), Sweden (Stockholm, Gavle and south of it)

Group 6 [Central Russia, Southern Russia, Turkey, Syria, UAE, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria]: all their home countries plus Saoudi-Arabia, Iraq, Eqypt, Trans-Jordan, Persia, Northern Russia (probably all, maybe except for a few bigger cities), Finland, Sweden (northern part), Norway (north of Narvik), Baltic States, Poland (???), Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Greece, Italy (all except southern minors, the islands and Turin), Austria, Switserland, France (Grenoble), Germany (all non-Danish), Lowlands (Liege).

Main question marks are now Lowlands and Poland.

I'm sure Tim can enlighten me on most of the unknown, then Lucas can do his magic. :D

As far as I know Denmark controls the cities and provinces of Ghent, Breda, Arnhem, and Groningen. He controls the province of Amsterdam. Lowlands still controls the city as Denmark has not had a positive morale in 40+ turns.

Poland is split between Southern and Central. Central has Poznan, Warsaw and a line to Rovno.

Aah, that explains why CR would be hesitant to open the can of war-worms and attack Denmark...

Tim, what the beep did you do to go negative on morale while conquering stuff?

Third version with Poland cleared up:

Group 3 [Denmark]: Denmark, Germany (Hamburg & Berlin and all north/between those two), northern Lowlands (but no major cities)

Group 5 [GB, Ireland, Iceland]: Norway (Oslo), Sweden (Stockholm, Gavle and south of it)

Group 6 [Central Russia, Southern Russia, Turkey, Syria, UAE, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria]: all their home countries plus Saoudi-Arabia, Iraq, Eqypt, Trans-Jordan, Persia, Northern Russia (probably all, maybe except for a few bigger cities), Finland, Sweden (northern part), Norway (north of Narvik), Baltic States, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Greece, Italy (all except southern minors, the islands and Turin), Austria, Switserland, France (Grenoble), Germany (all non-Danish), Lowlands (Liege).

I think this should do for Dag to make a map! :D

Just went back & looked at it. I put them on DD & UGU the two AIR 39's the following turn using the conquered supplies with the city's industrial base. I did not have the ability to transport in cargo. I also built interceptors as well as some SDB's the following turn to assist in the defense. I wasn't sure if he had some ship based aircraft on carriers nearby or not, so I just wanted to add some cover for the infantry as well as ability to sink the carriers if needed.

Did you eventually conquer the whole island?

No, just the one city I believe. Perhaps the province also.

Aah, that explains why CR would be hesitant to open the can of war-worms and attack Denmark...

Tim, what the beep did you do to go negative on morale while conquering stuff?

I think it is the result of being involved in so many games at one time.

Am I correct Tim?

Rogue Leader is correct, just the one city. I believe that Iceland could not bring his units around to bear down upon me due to the lack of supplies, but I am not sure.

Rogue Leader - Nice new avatar picture.

Rogue Leader is correct, just the one city. I believe that Iceland could not bring his units around to bear down upon me due to the lack of supplies, but I am not sure.

Rogue Leader - Nice new avatar picture.

Thanks, I noticed I needed a picture.

I think it was more of a lack of interest for Iceland to continue.

Thanks Dag - boy, sure looks bleak if you are not red when you look at a map, doesn't it! :wacko:

Hmm, I do not think I like that red for me. Too close to the eastern bloc, I think.

You have orangy-brown! :)