Rolling Thunder Forums

Semjan

Gary Carpenter

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFAIK because the PA cheated and moved away *all* the pop (even without a Gate, which was a bug that got fixed by Pete as he got aware of it).

So not even the approx 81 pop and 5.000.000 ACM plus even more CMs were left.

So Pete might have restored the missing Pop, because it vanished courtesy of a cheat.

AFAIK because the PA cheated and moved away *all* the pop (even without a Gate, which was a bug that got fixed by Pete as he got aware of it).

So not even the approx 81 pop and 5.000.000 ACM plus even more CMs were left.

So Pete might have restored the missing Pop, because it vanished courtesy of a cheat.

There was a gate there. As the pop was already removed before the attack, before the skies were cleared. This is not cheating.

HOWEVER, how would you like it if the GM, put pop back on a ENEMY world, and did NOT even speak to you as to why, OR after doing it, answer emails asking what was going on.

IF THE GM IS helping the TG, without even emailing the PA, I am out of here, IE my positions in the war will be dropped.

IT LOOKS like since the TG is so sheepish about answering this thread that that is exactly what happened.

BASICALLY you can NOT TRUST THE GM to remain impartial if this is what happened.

HOWEVER, how would you like it if the GM, put pop back on a ENEMY world, and did NOT even speak to you as to why, OR after doing it, answer emails asking what was going on.

IF THE GM IS helping the TG, without even emailing the PA, I am out of here, IE my positions in the war will be dropped.

IT LOOKS like since the TG is so sheepish about answering this thread that that is exactly what happened.

BASICALLY you can NOT TRUST THE GM to remain impartial if this is what happened.

Well, Pete lacked always some communication skills, but caling him helping the enemy when he corrects your cheats and fixes the loopholes is a bit far fetched, don't you think?

And you cannot remove *all* population with a gate. There need to remain the pop for the Gate and the power plants and the ACMs and CMs at least. From the posts I gather all of them were removed while the skies were controlled by the enemy.

This would be a great feat if done without using loopholes or plain cheats. If you have not done so, please tell the world how you

have accomplished this.

Pete has state in the past that he would consider such tactics as converting all pop to troopers or colonists etc as an exploit and he would reverse these as they came up.

This would not be helping one side or another just fixing a game mechanic that can be exploited on rare occasion.

I would assume that any adjustments made would be of this variety. However, not all cases of injustice, or perceived injustice are fixed. I have several naval forces that have been destroyed in the recent past that I don't think should have been or battles that should have taken place that didn't for some reason or another. Some of these get fixed to my liking and some don't.

In any event I trust that any corrections that Pete makes are justified and don't have to be explained to anybody except the person getting the adjustment. It is then up to those parties to then choose to make the corrections public or not.

If pop were removed before the battle then they could presumably replaced after the battle. I can't see any reason to do so, but it is possible. It should be pretty simple since you would have a UG already in place and operating or at least the materials in stockpile to build one. In any case the same forces that removed the pop could be used to return pop.

:rolleyes:

It would seem to me that even if there was a gate there, there might be some doubt as to whether the gate was powered or not? More information is needed to be posted, I think.

As the massive construction material supply needed to build the powerplants for a gate would have to still be on the world, under normal circumstances these would remain as evidence on a hastily evacuated world.

I say cheers to Pete for both fixing a bug that needed fixing, and trying to undue the damage caused by something which was fairly obviously a bug.

I'd certainly like to hear more about just what happened though!