Rolling Thunder Forums

Third Silen Imperium # 185

Desmodus

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Diplomatic message received: You have entered The Third Silen Imperium # 185 space. Leave immediately or face the

consequences."

Not even a please? :wacko:

To his defense, I think this is one of the predefined ones.

Good to know, I've not used that order before so didn't realize it had pre-set selectable messages.

If I remember correctly there are three of decreasing pleasentness. Which that one you received the most offensive :wacko:

Good to know, I've not used that order before so didn't realize it had pre-set selectable messages.

If I remember correctly there are three of decreasing pleasentness. Which that one you received the most offensive :wacko:

Not sure, but I don't think all (mostly newbies) realize that these preset messages can be edited once selected and saved (after hitting "Save Order" go to the "Edit Orders" screen and where the message number is located (1,2, or 3), simply over write it with a brief message). This only gives a very limited amount of space for a personalized message, but using multiples of MESS orders should be plenty for people in this age of TWEETER and TEXT to get their point across when they can't get an email address for a more detailed message.

Well to be honest I normally go with the frendly option but doing your turns up at the last moment after reviewing the reason you had to use the order in the first place tends to get things bumped up in priority, and yes I do know that you can change the message Desmodus is currently the first person to have even noticed the message. :wacko:

Sir Smeg :rolleyes:

And now for the diplomatic thing.

The Third Silen Imperium greats the most noble Desmodus and wishes to open the hand of frendship and understanding in the hopes that a frendly and profitable agrement may be reached.

Duke Danestar

Sir Smeg:

I took the opportunity to review all of your public communications and found nothing that could be construed as negative; by all appearances you are a gentlemen deserving of the honorific “Sir”. As per your request, I instructed my scouts to vacate your Home System and continue their assigned mission.

........., the Mega............. Emp....................... hope ......................... successfully ................ discuss the ........................... the opportunity to ........................................

Silen Comm Tech: " I'm terribly sorry Duke Danestar, but it appears that an unexpected solar flare has disrupted communications. Until the ionization subsides, I fear that I will not be able to re-establish contact."

Duke Danestar: (sighs) "Understood. Please download the fragments recorded to see if the computers can clean it up and decipher."

• 2 weeks later...

Silen Comm Tech: " Duke Danestar! We have recovered the entire message that was sent by the Megachiroptera Empire."

Duke Danestar: "And..........."

Comm Tech: " ummmm............ perhaps you should read this yourself."

Sir Smeg:

I took the opportunity to review all of your public communications and found nothing that could be construed as negative; by all appearances you are a gentlemen deserving of the honorific “Sir”. As per your request, I instructed my scouts to vacate your Home System and continue their assigned mission.

However, the Megachiroptera Empire is in need of expanding its workforce and I hope that your citizens can successfully fill this void; our workforce recruitment team does plan a visit in the future to discuss the various career paths that we have available to them. Should they choose to immigrate, I can assure you that they will be given the opportunity to learn new skills that will assist them in achieving the highest possible standard of living.

Respectfully,

Silen Comm Tech: " Duke Danestar! We have recovered the entire message that was sent by the Megachiroptera Empire."

Duke Danestar: "And..........."

Comm Tech: " ummmm............ perhaps you should read this yourself."

Sir Smeg:

However, the Megachiroptera Empire is in need of expanding its workforce and I hope that your citizens can successfully fill this void; our workforce recruitment team does plan a visit in the future to discuss the various career paths that we have available to them. Should they choose to immigrate, I can assure you that they will be given the opportunity to learn new skills that will assist them in achieving the highest possible standard of living.

Respectfully,

If I am reading this correctly, it has to be the politest declaration of war ever!

If I am reading this correctly, it has to be the politest declaration of war ever!

We're still new to this whole "war" thing, but our impression was that it gets declared by the declarer firing weapons at the declaree. At least, that's how the Kookies declared "war" on us. Then the Pridelands introduced us to the concept of "allies." We wonder if Smeg or Desmodus have allies.

Yawn, I was planning a nice little story for when Desmodus did the obvious and invaded but going from his recent post it would be a waist of effort.

Still perhaps this little bait and switch should provide us with a nice distraction until the next proper flame war develops, then we can all go back to pretending that we are the innocent ones that are simply trying to protect oneselves as we nova another homeworlds sun.

Krelnett_of_Kraan I believe both sides of this conflict have several allies, the question of who is the strongest will ofcourse be decided by those fun combinations of planning and blind luck.

Sir Smeg :thumbsup:

Yawn, I was planning a nice little story for when Desmodus did the obvious and invaded but going from his recent post it would be a waist of effort.

Still perhaps this little bait and switch should provide us with a nice distraction until the next proper flame war develops, then we can all go back to pretending that we are the innocent ones that are simply trying to protect oneselves as we nova another homeworlds sun.

Krelnett_of_Kraan I believe both sides of this conflict have several allies, the question of who is the strongest will of course be decided by those fun combinations of planning and blind luck.

Sir Smeg :thumbsup:

Please don't be discouraged from publishing a story! All the folks out there with fertile imaginations bring the masses much more entertainment than the chest thumpers do.