Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-89t49.png

- In a heated exchange of air and arm points the Balkan nations seem to hold against the middle east and the Scandinavians. For now.

- The short civil war in the Scandinavian Alliance is over. Thanks tp painstakern mediation of a lot of Icelandic diplomats.

- Italy is down to some isolated cities. Canada has gained a foothold in Ireland and GB is losing Scotland.

- But GB has eliminated an Icelandic foothold in south-east England and finally has an effective FC in place over xLiverpool. Also, he is probably the only one of the "purple" alliance still playing.

- The short civil war in the Scandinavian Alliance is over. Thanks tp painstakern mediation of a lot of Icelandic diplomats.

???? Were there some arguments on how to proceed in the game? Was a sacrificial lamb chosen for something and said offering resisted greatly? Please share some more!

No. The war against our southern neighbours made a mess of the Berlin and Warsaw AIC's and this was the most efficient way to short it out.

I have to admit it looks niceli in the RWE. We will now continue with our work as planned.

Vell it was about time. Zhe mighty austrian armies have liberated Vienna. Seems the nordic untermenschen were not able to pay the high cost of living in this mighty metropolis. Und what is even better, zhere are rumours of new Pussies: Panthers with a G-spot... We are looking forward to encounters with our enemies.

Von Manstein

Very well,

our nice and shiny B25H's over here are looking for a place to amuse themselves, and xVienna seems a good place to go out in.

Apparently lots of G spots! Mind if we bring some friends along and drop some presents?

See I can smile again. Not for long I'm afraid. <_<

I can smile a bit more, might even start to look like a Big Grin :beer:

Ooh...Now I'm really intrigued. Please do tell.

Well loosing out with your armada of Bayfields to a lousy 10 CHAB must be frustrating :)

But heads up, word just in from the fly boys, another lousy 5500+ AIR scored on the Syrian and UAE air forces, keep 'm coming guys, good for morale, was a bit low lately.

Oh and a freshment Bayfield delegation tried to sneak into the theater. Can't have that, we love our country, it should stay Greek.

Now let's see what the Egyptians are up to, way too many bombers.

I think the word you yanks gave to zhe solution is 'butcherbird'. Mighty german engineering with wings. As I said Ich am looking forward to future encounters!

Von Manstein

• 2 weeks later...

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-89t50.png

- Of the purple alliance, only Great Britain has shown recent activity: holding on to York.

I have adapted the alliance box (upper right corner) and the coloring of Italy and Ireland to reflect this.

- xHagersburg has repulsed a second assault over land, but is running out of ARM and the US air force is but a memory.

- Rumania seems to be becoming under Arabian control, but I've hear rumors that the fight over there is not one-sided.

- Will Switzerland finally fall?

- After xVienna, Austra has attacked Munich.

It's been interesting watching this game from afar up until now, although it's been pretty quiet for the most part on this forum. :(

WOW though. Do my eyes deceive me or have the Central powers made a pact with the very enemy that they have been bashing heads with up until now, the Nordic nations? The very same enemy that is now in the drivers seat (I can only assume) in victory points? I guess anything is possible in Victory. Rock on!

WOW though. Do my eyes deceive me or have the Central powers made a pact with the very enemy that they have been bashing heads with up until now, the Nordic nations? The very same enemy that is now in the drivers seat (I can only assume) in victory points? I guess anything is possible in Victory. Rock on!

For 47 turns now we've been bashing heads of more enemies I dared dreaming off, as far as I know we're the only ones battling the desert people.

Czech is out, we had to let go of him. He'll be remembered, stuck with it till the end. The very end. Like in not a single city or province owned. Respect.

It'll be a Challenge if the rest of the Balkan Alliance can make it till the end. One for All, All for One.

Players like Czech definitely don't grow on trees. You have to have a lot of respect for players that are willing to stick it out that long and under such conditions.

As for joining to face the Mid-East group, maybe it's personal, maybe certain players are unclear about the way the victory points work, but it's pretty clear that the Northern group is very much in the drivers seat when it comes to winning the game at this point. Things could change, but that is definitely the case right now. They've clearly done a good job of weaving a narrative that pits them as the underdogs and the Mid-East as the group to unseat from the lead. Mad props to the Northern group for pulling that off. :thumbsup:

Players like Czech definitely don't grow on trees. You have to have a lot of respect for players that are willing to stick it out that long and under such conditions.

As for joining to face the Mid-East group, maybe it's personal, maybe certain players are unclear about the way the victory points work, but it's pretty clear that the Northern group is very much in the drivers seat when it comes to winning the game at this point. Things could change, but that is definitely the case right now. They've clearly done a good job of weaving a narrative that pits them as the underdogs and the Mid-East as the group to unseat from the lead. Mad props to the Northern group for pulling that off. :thumbsup:

They are experts are such narratives....this game is not the first in which they were able to portray themselves are the underdog well behind in the points, but leading the charge to the end. Look at the history in game 87 as well. If it works, keep playing the routine, right? They are all good players who have strong abilities within all aspects of the game.