Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

The joy of fighting in a good team lasts for 73 turns.

I would agree that a good group of team members outweighs most all other things, especially when playing a game lasting 3 freakin years! :)

Being stuck with bad team members can make even 5 turns feel like 73.

Ain't that the truth! LOL~ I have experienced both scenarios in the game of Victory!.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New map:

- xHagersburg is running out of replacements.

- The English and Welsh air forces slipped through the Icelandic defences and sank a couple of AP's, just hours before they were destroyed on the groud.

(sometimes the sequence of turns on the same day matters)

- A lot of new wars last turn, battles breaking out all over the map, stretching from France to the Ural mountains. Successes and failures on both sides. We'll see more of this no doubt.

- I have changed the diplomatic part in the upper right corner to better reflect what's going on. I believe that it brings my power block at war with the rest of the world. Someone else wants to complain about "That the Nordic Alliance wants to win too much?"

- As the world seems to be evolving in two teams, and there have been complains about the coloring of the Northern African and Middle Eastern alliances, do they have any preference which color I should use for their combined team?

No need to change color. It is very representative now. We are still 2 TA groups.

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-89t52c.png

Some important diplomatic events make me publish this map.

Norway and Northern Russia will drop their positions due to personal reasons. My team has tried to find replacements, but failed.

As a consequence Baltic States and Lowlands have judged their positions untenable and announced that they will drop too.

The USA was already thinking of quitting due to lack of country, so the Scandinavian alliance will be down to Iceland.

If any of you know players that are interested in taking over such a position,please contact them. If Northern Russia and Norway are active we'd probably have a a working alliance again.

As Iceland is only actively employed in a war against Great Britain I see no reason to quit. But i would prefer to have at least one TA in this game.

Dag, join the Red team!

(A real shame when something like this happens two years into a game. I would have filled in a spot if not for my own private situation not allowing for another (huge) game and commensurate time consumption)

Norway and Northern Russia will drop their positions due to personal reasons. My team has tried to find replacements, but failed.

As a consequence Baltic States and Lowlands have judged their positions untenable and announced that they will drop too.

The USA was already thinking of quitting due to lack of country, so the Scandinavian alliance will be down to Iceland.

If any of you know players that are interested in taking over such a position,please contact them. If Northern Russia and Norway are active we'd probably have a a working alliance again.

As Iceland is only actively employed in a war against Great Britain I see no reason to quit. But i would prefer to have at least one TA in this game.

Ouch ~ hope your block is able to find replacements. It's tough to play a game this long and then have to drop out due to personal issues. That's quite a power void in the game that will completely change the dynamics otherwise.

Sigh. :( Just when things start to get interesting again. Must be my aftershave? body odor? Hmmm, let's recap, DW Iraq, he's gone after a few turns, DW Persia, gone quickly as well. gobble up some territory without resistance, yawn. DW Southern Russia, oh, he's dropped as well. gobble up some territory, boring. Get to Central Russia, he's already gone. Diversionary tactics against Greece, just for fun, while preparing for the Scandanavians.

Baltics and NR has DW on our alliance, yea, fighting again! oh, what? they're gone too? Let's see, Finland, gone, Sweden, gone, Norway, gone, Iceland, you still around? Wait, what the heck are we doing where it's cold? We like WARM weather......... :rolleyes:-_-<_<

Ouch ~ hope your block is able to find replacements. It's tough to play a game this long and then have to drop out due to personal issues. That's quite a power void in the game that will completely change the dynamics otherwise.

You want Poland back? nobody is using it at the moment? Then you can come and fight me? :):beer:

You want Poland back? nobody is using it at the moment? Then you can come and fight me? :):beer:

Nothing more that I would like to do is fight you. Yeah, right, two of the most stubborn players in the game knocking heads.~ hmmmmm? It would be interesting though...... :cheers:

Nothing more that I would like to do is fight you. Yeah, right, two of the most stubborn players in the game knocking heads.~ hmmmmm? It would be interesting though......

Well, what's keeping you?

Nothing more that I would like to do is fight you. Yeah, right, two of the most stubborn players in the game knocking heads.~ hmmmmm? It would be interesting though......

Time keeps me. I was looking forward to 87 ending.........

Time keeps me. I was looking forward to 87 ending.........

But you're out of 91

I am getting questions on PM, so let me elaborate on the actual position of the countries involved:

- The decision to drop was made last weekend.

- All positions have been played up to that moment, so there is no risk of the 60 days kicking in. Yet.

- Both positions are strong (100+ divisions, 100+ bomber groups, 100+ fighter groups). But both are in a war, so active control is important.

- Russ has been informed and will help with a smooth transition, if needed.

- If any questions remain about the position of both nations, PM me. I'll provide the information that I can, short of the entire OOB.

- It is no joke.