Rolling Thunder Forums

game 93

gecko

I check in once in a blue moon.

I've had my hands full keeping the rest of the world in the running for Victory, holding off the Russian/Nordic Bloc Horde.

You can thank me any time! :)

I don't think so :ninja:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had my hands full keeping the rest of the world in the running for Victory, holding off the Russian/Nordic Bloc Horde.

Delusion is a common human issue. Take two aspirin and you'll feel better ;)

Tell me, what has Finland, North Russia and Central Russia really conquered in a whole years play time? Finally completed the split up of BS three ways by tech 21 (and the player gave up around tech 6) , and you all lost anything of relevance in Poland? Even *if* you reclaim Poland in the next 10 turns...

No offense intended, but others have progressed considerably better and have a much better shot at Victory. :laugh:

Sorry if reality hurts :blush:

I had no delusions of victory, joining a central Europe TA. To date we've had up to 13 enemies amongst us 5. The odds are definitely stacked against us, but perseverance has it's rewards :)

Is your Nation South, South East, or West of Central Europe? Do you appreciate keeping the Russian/Nordic Bear at bay?

The Czechoslovakian Support Fund has been established and is now accepting donations!

Off topic:

Saint Michael,

I noticed you're into Boating, so I'll assume fishing too(?). I imagine I'd have grounds for envy. Long Island has it's perks, but pretty much the best local inshore fishing is Striped Bass, and after some 3+ decades here it's lost some flavor. I'd love to hook into a Halibut for instance. Have any pictures to share?

Ron

Off topic:

Saint Michael,

I noticed you're into Boating, so I'll assume fishing too(?). I imagine I'd have grounds for envy. Long Island has it's perks, but pretty much the best local inshore fishing is Striped Bass, and after some 3+ decades here it's lost some flavor. I'd love to hook into a Halibut for instance. Have any pictures to share?

Ron

I will see what I can do about the pictures, yes, it is awesome

Delusion is a common human issue. Take two aspirin and you'll feel better ;)

Tell me, what has Finland, North Russia and Central Russia really conquered in a whole years play time? Finally completed the split up of BS three ways by tech 21 (and the player gave up around tech 6) , and you all lost anything of relevance in Poland? Even *if* you reclaim Poland in the next 10 turns...

No offense intended, but others have progressed considerably better and have a much better shot at Victory. :laugh:

Sorry if reality hurts :blush:

I had no delusions of victory, joining a central Europe TA. To date we've had up to 13 enemies amongst us 5. The odds are definitely stacked against us, but perseverance has it's rewards :)

Oh yes, my job is to protect the north

I love the taste of Arabian horsemeat in the morning. It tastes like...victory. Might not be kosher, though. (What my troops said after destroying Saudi's 1st Army--18 CAV 39 divisions.) Unfortunately, those 18 KV-1s that UAE has parked on my border will be a bit more...gamey. Hell, throw on enough catsup and pepper, and you can make damn near anything edible!

I love the taste of Arabian horsemeat in the morning. It tastes like...victory. Might not be kosher, though. (What my troops said after destroying Saudi's 1st Army--18 CAV 39 divisions.) Unfortunately, those 18 KV-1s that UAE has parked on my border will be a bit more...gamey. Hell, throw on enough catsup and pepper, and you can make damn near anything edible!

congrats on punishing the Saudi's...

I will definately thank Thor and his allies for standing strong against the baltic group despite half a dozen countries in france and the partial occupation of poland...when the game started and I saw that group form I was worried they would become too strong too quick and sweep into an already at war europe and dominate...

mad props to the Libyan player for playing down to his last city and last div...most people would drop a lost cause...thanks for keeping it interesting!

• 2 weeks later...

Tough break for Jordan! I not only would question the lack of intel from egypt but also the lack of troop support...No help to jordan or libya one has to question where all his troops are....only 5 div at karnak and 5 at cairo really!

Moroccon troops will be marching on Egyptian positions this turn...70+ div crossing the Egyptian border in the next three turns so please keep the gas stations open late!

err, I only saw Morocco DW Italy this tech, did I miss something?... BTW, he's not only " Ooohhh you so gooood", but also Oooohhh so Brave! (not)... Picking on a nation that already has a lot of enemies. The words opportunist and scavenger are more in line with this action; not "predator" :rolleyes:

err, I only saw Morocco DW Italy this tech, did I miss something?... BTW, he's not only " Ooohhh you so gooood", but also Oooohhh so Brave! (not)... Picking on a nation that already has a lot of enemies. The words opportunist and scavenger are more in line with this action; not "predator" :rolleyes:

Mmmm...no your not missing anything just expanding the Moroccon empire into Europe while also supporting my ta Spain...North Africa has proven to be disappointing from a challenge standpoint so what better way to challenge yourself than a two front war against two different groups....

For me Italy is simply the most logical geographic entrance into the European theatre..maybe you would have had a case for your arguement had I attacked France as he is being pressed from all sides but Italy has no foreign aggressors in his country and he seems to be the biggest scavanger both in Switzerland and Austria.

I look forward to the challenge...

Mmmm...no your not missing anything just expanding the Moroccon empire into Europe while also supporting my ta Spain...North Africa has proven to be disappointing from a challenge standpoint so what better way to challenge yourself than a two front war against two different groups....

For me Italy is simply the most logical geographic entrance into the European theatre..maybe you would have had a case for your arguement had I attacked France as he is being pressed from all sides but Italy has no foreign aggressors in his country and he seems to be the biggest scavanger both in Switzerland and Austria.

So now you're the self proclaimed retribution for the long dead Switzerland and Austria too? Sure, keep telling yourself how justified you are, it's base human nature to do so at the expense of others... If you really wanted a challenge, there were better targets. hehe, challenge my arse.

If I'm a scavenger, at least I'll admit it. I wont try to puff up my own ego and beat my chest with rank BS! :joker:

Don't get me wrong, I don't have sour grapes. It's a game and we're supposed to have fun. -It's just an observation.

So now you're the self proclaimed retribution for the long dead Switzerland and Austria too? Sure, keep telling yourself how justified you are, it's base human nature to do so at the expense of others... If you really wanted a challenge, there were better targets. hehe, challenge my arse.

If I'm a scavenger, at least I'll admit it. I wont try to puff up my own ego and beat my chest with rank BS! :joker:

Don't get me wrong, I don't have sour grapes. It's a game and we're supposed to have fun. -It's just an observation.

SMH....I see you like to put your own twist on anything I say...I don't expect to have to defend attacking a country with conquered territory in two other countries...nor do I expect you to defend your groups double teaming of lowlands, triple teaming of the swiss, and double teaming both the hungarians and austrians...I look forward to the march to Czechoslovakia...