Rolling Thunder Forums

game 93

gecko

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With most of Southern Turkey border provinces initially in their possession (empty) to delay our advance on Syria and the very well (I have to admit to that) coordinated combined attacks it is very silly to try and sell us a story that your two groups are really fighting each other.

The new players of Persia and Saudi (the countries we initially went into Turkey for to support) together with the UAE throw everything at us while they allow their countries to be gobbled up by our enemies. Even now Saudi is using his Ju-88's to do some long distance bombing on insignificant targets in Turkey while he is losing out to TJ.

From me no ethical bla bla on how the game should be played and what is all fair and not but don't try to deny that you are all in it together.

Ok, I'm confused.

Why do Persia and SA help Spain get over its moraledip while at the same time at war with two of Spains TA's?

Before moraledip Spain (t31):

Spain is totally allied to Algeria

Spain is totally allied to Morocco

Spain is allied to Iraq

Spain is allied to Iceland

Spain is allied to UAE

After moraledip Spain (t41)

Spain is totally allied to Syria

Spain is totally allied to Trans-Jordan

Spain is allied to Persia

Spain is allied to Saudi Arabia

Spain is allied to Iraq

Spain is allied to UAE

Is it true Perisa and SA changed hands?

Indeed. If it was not for the UAE (3 stacks in, 0.75 and a bit to go) and Persia (1 stack, removed from the theatre) going on the rampage in Southern Turkey, Syria would already have been toast.

With most of Southern Turkey border provinces initially in their possession (empty) to delay our advance on Syria and the very well (I have to admit to that) coordinated combined attacks it is very silly to try and sell us a story that your two groups are really fighting each other.

The new players of Persia and Saudi (the countries we initially went into Turkey for to support) together with the UAE throw everything at us while they allow their countries to be gobbled up by our enemies. Even now Saudi is using his Ju-88's to do some long distance bombing on insignificant targets in Turkey while he is losing out to TJ.

From me no ethical bla bla on how the game should be played and what is all fair and not but don't try to deny that you are all in it together.

Enjoy your moment and let's get on with it. Finally some real opposition !

very interesting information...I was not aware Saudi and Persia had even dropped...my guess is UAE was massed on the Syrian border to attack Syria when Rumania drove up from behind...that was his only avenue into Syria because Syria owns all of Iraq.. and it allowed Persia to be by his side..

morocco and Algeria have had no contact with those players all game and Syria has no deal with them...heck I have interests elsewhere I am putting off to go into turkey.. I wanted to stop moving east at the Sinai and had we made a deal with those guys I would not be in Syria right now!

you claim to go into turkey to help Saudi and Persia which makes perfect sense...but I thought uae was a ta to Saudi when the game began? and if uae and Saudi were ta's and Saudi dropped doesn't UAE get final say as the ta as to who gets to pick up Saudi?

Brogan writes

I think Persia has been gone for a while. I was referring to UAE.

Predator writes

very interesting information...I was not aware Saudi and Persia had even dropped

Aren't you guys TA's?!?

Iceland is clearly too far away to understand the Middle East theatre.

Can someone explain to me how, if Syria owns Iraq and reaches all the way to xGwadar, UAE or S.A. troops can get to Turkey? :huh:

Brogan writes

I think Persia has been gone for a while. I was referring to UAE.

Predator writes

very interesting information...I was not aware Saudi and Persia had even dropped

Aren't you guys TA's?!?

start of game groups as we understood them to be

1-algeria, morocco, spain

2-egypt,tunisia,libya,turkey,trans Jordan,Syria

3-iraq,persia,and I thought Saudi and uae joined Persia Iraq

along the way group 1 conquered Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, and then added Syria as a ta and then Jordan as well to propel us to the Syrian border quicker to help with Greece and Rumania

Syria conquered Iraq and 3/4 of Persia's production base...Jordan continues to fight Saudi..

Greece and Rumania took out turkey and are currently on the Syrian border

Jordan fought off uae and Saudi early in the game and since then very few UAE troops have been seen except for single div probing Syrian defenses in Iraq...we believe uae puts ashore at Bandar Abbas and rails north past Syrian holdings in Persia and then west to the Turkish border where Greece and Rumania claim to be fighting the Persian group.. pretty sure no Saudi troops in turkey we are seeing too many in Saudi and he has no way through...

I did rna with Saudi and Persia today to find out if it is the original players

the war for the middle east is in turkey...it looks like it may get fun as they seem to have added southern Russia as a TA recently.. having to deal with panthers soon is bad enough now we have t-34's to deal with possibly as well...maybe that will give the Algerian armies stacking up in the Sinai something to fight!

hope that helps mickey it's gonna be a fun finish...the best vic games are when these many people are left on tech 45!

Ok, I'm confused.

Why do Persia and SA help Spain get over its moraledip while at the same time at war with two of Spains TA's?

Before moraledip Spain (t31):

Spain is allied to Iraq

Spain is allied to UAE

After moraledip Spain (t41)

Spain is totally allied to Syria

Spain is totally allied to Trans-Jordan

Spain is allied to Persia

Spain is allied to Saudi Arabia

Spain is allied to Iraq

Spain is allied to UAE

Is it true Perisa and SA changed hands?

Persia has had alliance requests on our turns for months and months...I never picked it up because I am at war with everyone in the region...Persia was probably probing all available countries for morale because of all the territory he lost...I would be surprised if Persia has a positive morale at this point

hope that helps mickey it's gonna be a fun finish...the best vic games are when these many people are left on tech 45!

Imagine the number if the Vikings hadn't dropped just as Iceland was at it's (unsustainable had they continued playing) peak...

So it was just a coincidence that Syria cleared the LDB from Silopi with a GE which allowed the UAE to hit me in Batman with a fresh stack of 18 T-34's coming from Dohuk.

Also was it just by accident that the UAE delayed his turn for almost a week to get behind Syria to make this possible and run between me and my TA's to make me run in the blind.

There are so many things to point out like that since the fun started around T36 that we are beyond reasonable doubt here. I have no problems with it but what I can not understand is that people go to such lengths to try and deny it.

When we were getting closer to Syria we were discussing with SA and Persia how best to cooperate and they both were on their last legs. It was stated that Iraq had not done anything and UAE very little. Then both SA and Persia players unfortunately dropped for personal reasons and they were replaced by new ones. We have not done anything to upset them as far as I know but we had no communications with them and UAE broke and Persia tried to break their ALL with me.

So for me UAE could have been the mole in their group as Syria was in the other which allowed M&A to progress very quickly and the ME group to fail.

Well, we'll have second interesting front developing around the western Med pretty soon, so there will be two huge three-way warzones to liven things up. :)

Of course they're both in the southern half of the map, so some have to travel further than others, but we'll make do. :D

So it was just a coincidence that Syria cleared the LDB from Silopi with a GE which allowed the UAE to hit me in Batman with a fresh stack of 18 T-34's coming from Dohuk.

Also was it just by accident that the UAE delayed his turn for almost a week to get behind Syria to make this possible and run between me and my TA's to make me run in the blind.

There are so many things to point out like that since the fun started around T36 that we are beyond reasonable doubt here. I have no problems with it but what I can not understand is that people go to such lengths to try and deny it.

When we were getting closer to Syria we were discussing with SA and Persia how best to cooperate and they both were on their last legs. It was stated that Iraq had not done anything and UAE very little. Then both SA and Persia players unfortunately dropped for personal reasons and they were replaced by new ones. We have not done anything to upset them as far as I know but we had no communications with them and UAE broke and Persia tried to break their ALL with me.

So for me UAE could have been the mole in their group as Syria was in the other which allowed M&A to progress very quickly and the ME group to fail.

I can certainly see from your perspective how you would come to that conclusion. Syria has assured us he has no deal with the UAE player and I have played with him a number of years so I believe him. I can see someone ge their border provinces every turn but I have no answer for the UAE delay other than coincidence I guess.

If you were working with the previous Persia and Saudi players why was UAE not included I thought he was a TA to Saudi? A better question is if Saudi and UAE were a ta how does the uae player not know the new Saudi player because as a ta to Saudi they can't even pick up the position without permission from UAE. furthermore who would want those positions anyway someone had to recruit them right? who's responsible for that !?it wasnt uae as he had no knowledge of new players according to his last post.. UAE actually attacked Syria last turn at hisb...which makes no more sense than anything else we have seen him do the entire game!

I don't know what to tell you but if we were working with uae I would have no problem saying so...UAE posted on the forum the other day i'm surprised he hasn't weighed in on this!?

Got my turn this morning and Persia and Saudi both came back as privacy option...

So why do the Czechoslovakians all the way up in Northern Russia feel the need to spy on Morocco!? Or is that your way of just staying in touch!?

Well, we'll have second interesting front developing around the western Med pretty soon, so there will be two huge three-way warzones to liven things up. :)

Of course they're both in the southern half of the map, so some have to travel further than others, but we'll make do. :D

We? with so many countries already in France how does the we (Iceland) play into that front!?

We? with so many countries already in France how does the we (Iceland) play into that front!?

Well, i figured i'd just plunge into France, head south and fight everything that gets in my way? :D:cannon:

I am not sure what u mean. Of course the UAE player knows the current Saudi and Persia players. They are working closely together with at least Syria.

The previous Persian and Saudi players have definitively been replaced. The original players are long term reputable players (Kurassier and Desfeeny) who would not hide their identity and who would tell us straight up in case they would not want to cooperate with us and that would be perfectly ok with us.

PS. Could anybody tell me how to reply to a specific post on this forum ? If I try "Quote" or "MultiQuote" I still get to see only my own message and not the one I am trying to reply to.

I am not sure what u mean. Of course the UAE player knows the current Saudi and Persia players. They are working closely together with at least Syria.

The previous Persian and Saudi players have definitively been replaced. The original players are long term reputable players (Kurassier and Desfeeny) who would not hide their identity and who would tell us straight up in case they would not want to cooperate with us and that would be perfectly ok with us.

PS. Could anybody tell me how to reply to a specific post on this forum ? If I try "Quote" or "MultiQuote" I still get to see only my own message and not the one I am trying to reply to.

I thought the guy posting under the name sheikh makum was the UAE player. he asked if the original Saudi and Persia players dropped...UAE could have done his own GE at silopi and you wouldn't have seen it because Syria had killed the ldb protecting his border making it appear to you that they were working together. if they are working together why is UAE still doing probing ground attacks in southwest Iraq!? I still think they aren't but whatever back to the war...

A little surprised no attacks I thought we might see an all out assault from you to avenge your greek ally. B)

I thought the guy posting under the name sheikh makum was the UAE player. he asked if the original Saudi and Persia players dropped...UAE could have done his own GE at silopi and you wouldn't have seen it because Syria had killed the ldb protecting his border making it appear to you that they were working together. if they are working together why is UAE still doing probing ground attacks in southwest Iraq!? I still think they aren't but whatever back to the war...

A little surprised no attacks I thought we might see an all out assault from you to avenge your greek ally. B)

If I would not have been hit by this UAE surprise attack the Syrian army in Urfa would also have been history.

However I need to remove this pestilence first and then we will get back to business. He just jumped the queue.