Rolling Thunder Forums

ASK MOONSHADOW - a thread for new players to get the info they need

El Capitan

Yeah, I know they've been asking in private. I've given out at least a dozen anz's and tech paths over the last three weeks. And that's been my point all along. If new players want info, it's easily obtained just by befriending and asking a veteran player. So I don't think there are many new players lacking for information.

And there is another reason new players ask in private -- they want to keep any advantage over other new players in their area also. That's why you havn't seen one new player ask for an anz to be posted in this thread. They want to get the info but they don't want their enemies (or potential enemies) to get the info also.

And I'm glad to see that you've gained your senses and now realize that asking for and giving out info publicly can have the side effect of letting those around you clue in to what you are researching or might be lacking. This was also one of my initial points and I'm glad to see that you now agree with me :P

You really must be one of those loser old timers to be so upset. Hit a nerve did I? LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cloaking tech is no longer applicable for ships, it now provides a installation which can hide a colony from system probe scans, if I understand correctly potentially they may hide colonies from orbs etc if you achieve a higher cloaking tech though from my experience I have only seen them hide colonies from probes :)

Planetary Field Distorter

Planetary Field Distorters are massive holographic generators designed to confuse the

sensor systems of enemy scouts. They provide extremely good protection from enemy sensor

systems by masking the true location of key targets on the planetary surface. Cloaking

Device tech advancement dictates the strength of the holographic projection. At the

lowest level, alien System Probes can be misled; at the highest, even orbiting aliens

might see nothing. Though the distortion screen is not perfect, it is very, very close.

Cost: 5,000,000 Advanced Construction Materials

Installation

Consumes: <nothing>

Prerequisite: Type A Cloaking Device

cloaking tech is no longer applicable for ships, it now provides a installation which can hide a colony from system probe scans, if I understand correctly potentially they may hide colonies from orbs etc if you achieve a higher cloaking tech though from my experience I have only seen them hide colonies from probes :)

Planetary Field Distorter

Planetary Field Distorters are massive holographic generators designed to confuse the

sensor systems of enemy scouts. They provide extremely good protection from enemy sensor

systems by masking the true location of key targets on the planetary surface. Cloaking

Device tech advancement dictates the strength of the holographic projection. At the

lowest level, alien System Probes can be misled; at the highest, even orbiting aliens

might see nothing. Though the distortion screen is not perfect, it is very, very close.

Cost: 5,000,000 Advanced Construction Materials

Installation

Consumes: <nothing>

Prerequisite: Type A Cloaking Device

I have a position with max cloaking tech and when I scanned a world which I knew had a colony with another position nothing came up on

and ORB order. Still all it takes is a GEO order to determine if there is decent colony or HW on the planet. Who doesn't ICE or use

Deep Core Surveyors these days?

Still nada on those Phase Convertors though...

I have a position with max cloaking tech and when I scanned a world which I knew had a colony with another position nothing came up on

and ORB order. Still all it takes is a GEO order to determine if there is decent colony or HW on the planet. Who doesn't ICE or use

Im not that high in the cloaking tech specs so that will be why. If you don't mind me asking what letter does cloaking tech go up to? I know theres an A and a B :}

Im not sure on phase converts, the ANZ for level 1 is below:

Mk I Phase Converter

Phase Converters shift objects out of phase with their current reality, and then attempt to return them intact. This is a dicey propostion that often fails, leaving portions of the item in each reality. Mk I Phase Converter technology is a horizon advance, possibly opening up more interesting other technologies or refined versions of itself.

Classification: Horizon Technology

Prerequisite: Light Phase Shaker

The ANZ suggests it has something to do with gate technology but it turns out to have nothing to do with that! :)

possibly it was a dead end line introduced to make gate technologly that much harder to get or maybe when combined with something else.... in conclusion though I have no idea! :)

Im not that high in the cloaking tech specs so that will be why. If you don't mind me asking what letter does cloaking tech go up to? I know theres an A and a B :}

Im not sure on phase converts, the ANZ for level 1 is below:

Mk I Phase Converter

Phase Converters shift objects out of phase with their current reality, and then attempt to return them intact. This is a dicey propostion that often fails, leaving portions of the item in each reality. Mk I Phase Converter technology is a horizon advance, possibly opening up more interesting other technologies or refined versions of itself.

Classification: Horizon Technology

Prerequisite: Light Phase Shaker

The ANZ suggests it has something to do with gate technology but it turns out to have nothing to do with that! :)

possibly it was a dead end line introduced to make gate technologly that much harder to get or maybe when combined with something else.... in conclusion though I have no idea! :)

I have reached Type C Cloaking device. I had thought there might be a Type D but our scientists assure us there isn't one.

phase convertors dont seem to do lead to anything in conjunction with total conversion engines. perhaps jump drives hmmmmm