Rolling Thunder Forums

3 hours ago, Predator said:

I think the sixteen bomber groups coming in every turn against a single target were responsible for the results. That and the fact your group works together and my allies aren’t interested in helping Baltic  despite the fact I’ve been begging for help seeing several turns ago what was coming.

you have to look five to ten turns ahead in this game. If you are reacting at turn 40 you’ve lost. This game has evolved into alliance vs alliance. If one alliance works as one country and the other alliance the countries all do their own thing well this is the result... good game see some of ya’ll in 104. 

Man.jpg

Flag.png

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your rather ignoring the numerical advantage you had, plus the defenses, plus that you were attacking south in a seemingly coordinated fashion with NR. And, lets not forget that your counterattack did seem to be more of a reaction to remove single units which I think you expected. Plus, after counting, I'm still not getting to 16, no matter how I count. 

Italy-4

lowlands-4

france 3 or 4

spain2

denmark2

city defenses don’t mean much after 16 bomber groups come through. I think you proved that in Czech 

Unfortunately victory is an unbalanced game with how powerful air forces become. Some games are playable to the end and some aren’t. 

Your group is centralized and can bring a lot of air power to bear against an enemy. My group is spread out over a large area and is unable to counter.

If it was a matter of sitting there and defending an area the game would still be playable. When you can carpet bomb everything out of existence without needing to engage your enemies ground troops the game becomes unplayable for the defender

i wish Russ would further tweak the game but it is what it is I guess... 

hope to see ya’ll in 104

And what tweak would you suggest?

More interceptors?  

No need of airbase for fighters?

Allow fighters to immediately assume FC or INT duty upon being transferred to or built at new locations?

Shorter ranges?

Make AAA divisions independent of ground units so as not to count toward the 18 division limits? And give them SMR of 1?

Less TAS or SB capability of air units?

Ground units cannot be entirely eliminated by air strikes? 10%, 15% of the division immune to air damage. Maybe based on an extra defensive standing order, dig in against air damage?

Other options?

Gecko

those are a lot of good ideas but unfortunately Russ is not going to make any changes.

i think the age of the programming creates a lot of issues for any changes that can be made

i think air drops are ruining games as well. 

91 turned into trench warfare with nothing but ge and airdrops every turn. 

I wish a vic II had been developed...unfortunately there isn’t a big demand for this type of gaming these days

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well Now, there seems to be some movement on the Eastern Front:blink:                                                      Just in time for Christmas:holiday:

tank3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...