Game 104

DezertCamel

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Half ofthe shops are closed, As does the theater, city hall, library, IKEA etc. 

I am a volunteer at the local radio station which has shut down.
With the exception of the hourly news. Which happens to be my task. 
So it is a bit lonely in the studio

Ya, I have shut the Bowling Center down but I do have one advantage. I can still take the family bowling and be safe.

Be safe out there but remember, your move is due :woohoo:

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, one of the players that has done shit up to this point has had the idea to attack my team totally out of the blue. 
I know this game has the possibility of daggers in the back,  but this one -and its possible follow-on- is cruel. 

Victory has always been a game with a severe lack of information. In a way, this lack of information is the charm as well as the curse of this game. 

It allows for sequences and moves that are completely within the rules of the game, but also a bending of realism that comes close to breaking the game. 

Like: moving through a TA , DW-ing a countriy that that TA has a NAP or Alliance with  and parkting 17 heavy divisions on its most important province.
Timed in a way that the victim only hears about it ater his own turn. As his TA's went before the attack. . 
That way murdering its economy in one fell sweep, As the only group strong enough to push back is off somewhere else and can't react in time. 

Some call this a wellexecuted sneak attack. 

I call it unsportsmanlike and ugly. 

But of course, you could say, you would do it yourself if given the opportunity. 
No, I wouldn't

6 hours ago, dageraad said:

Victory has always been a game with a severe lack of information. In a way, this lack of information is the charm as well as the curse of this game. 

It allows for sequences and moves that are completely within the rules of the game, but also a bending of realism that comes close to breaking the game. 

Like: moving through a TA , DW-ing a countriy that that TA has a NAP or Alliance with  and parkting 17 heavy divisions on its most important province.
Timed in a way that the victim only hears about it ater his own turn. As his TA's went before the attack. . 
That way murdering its economy in one fell sweep, As the only group strong enough to push back is off somewhere else and can't react in time. 

Some call this a wellexecuted sneak attack. 

I call it unsportsmanlike and ugly. 

But of course, you could say, you would do it yourself if given the opportunity. 
No, I wouldn't

Any deals you or your TA's make should apply to all TAs on both sides unless Explicitly spelled out.  Otherwise you are just backstabbing someone

I think the game has many ways to play. An 18 stack of Armor versus a stack of airborne with long range can change the battle every turn. Using LCM's and cutting off rail lines disappearing the next turn. Strategically placing intercepts and fighter cover can end a TAS campaign quickly. Destroying a persons fuel, gen or fuel at night can be devastating. Using rangers can really mess with planes, rail and even leaders. You can't protect against everything. However, its always fun to see if we can spend all the money without hitting the negatives every turn. I agree about agreements which I always follow. I really enjoy playing the game it is filled with great players.

The fact that Baltic stated totally comitted to an attack against Czechoslovakia while at war with another TA is a strong indication that his TA of Poland, Denmark and Baltic states are working together with Northern Russia, Finland and Sweden. 

And warning the rest of the players about it by announcing it as a dagger in the back is equal parts:
- Letting off some steam
- Warning everione about the risk of a runaway team
- Remembering that when I was young there were no 6- member teams like this,  enemies were honorable, and taxes were low. 

They are Not gonna run away with anything.

was Baltic even part of the Poland/Denmark alliance when you made your alliance? If not I don’t see how it’s a backstab. 

And besides when you play in the middle of Europe it’s suicide to not leave forces home to defend your own country. 

I for one will never work with anyone in that alliance again.  Stuff like this is why the player base shrinks.  When you are at war with someone then any tool or strategy is legit.  When your TA makes a peace deal with someone and you don't abide by it while stabbing them in the back as hard as you can is just really, really poor sportsmanship.  From what I read, all they had to do was wait a few for turns anyway for the NAP to timeout.