Rolling Thunder Forums

I am new to supernova

USMC_POINTMAN

You can take what seem to be two approaches: 1) The Great Turtle, or 2) The Deep Space Explorer.

You forgot 3) The Ostrich

I utilize the head-in-the-sand strategy quite effectively for several of my test empires. I figure that if I close my eyes, nobody will find me :)

No, No, NO.... the correct quote is to say something like "I figure if I wrap a towel around my head to avoid the gaze of other players then no one will see me". That fits better for this genre.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's a misconception about the relative importance of particular resources. The relative importance is far more equal then most people think. The test is, will you ever use all of the particular resource you mine? If the answer is yes, as I think it is for lumber, radioactives, iron, gas, crystals, petrochemicls and industrial chemicals, then that resource is worth mining as much as the others. It doesn't matter that you will use more iron or cystals. As long as you will use all of what you mine, each is equally important to mine. Remember that stripmining is your prime source of production at the beginning of the game, and will remain so for quite some time, until you do a lot of colonizing. The amount you mine of a particular resource is insignificant compared to what you should expect to be your total long term demand of that resource. Even gemstone mining can be as important as iron mining, IF there is a tech item that you will mass produce that will use all you mine. Every resource you pull out of the ground that you will use saves 10 RR's and 1000 tons of industrial capacity.

Lumber is only unimportant if you are not colonizing. If you are colonizing, you will have to get around to making CM's at some point. If you can make Improved Industrial Complexes, you can DISM 3 regular IC's for each 1 you build, thereby effectively reducing the cost of the CM's by 2/3's, and freeing up population. Either way, the lumber is needed on a sliding scale up to, well, a LOT.

Radioactives are needed for mass production of engines. I have built 22,000 engines over the past 6 turns. If you don't want big ships with lots of AP, then I suppose you don't need them and will not use every 1 you pull out of the ground. However, if you don't want big ships with lots of AP, you might rethink your strategic priorities.

- woolfe

I utilize the head-in-the-sand strategy quite effectively for several of my test empires. I figure that if I close my eyes, nobody will find me :thumbsup:

No, No, NO.... the correct quote is to say something like "I figure if I wrap a towel around my head to avoid the gaze of other players then no one will see me". That fits better for this genre.

You forgot to first wet the towel in the sink before wrapping it around your head.

Then your explorers need to find the live long and prosper almost hand print atmospheric generation device at the end of the movie thingy.

Works every time. :)

Hi all,

Thank you so much for helping me.

Now I have my first turn. :cheers:

I am even more lost then when I was last week. :cheers:

But I have think you all will come to my aid! :drunk:

If anyone would like to help me I am asking if I can call you? In USA only plz. I can talk and it cost me nothing. I have a lot to ask about the game any help would be great thanks. :blink:

Pete I hope you are feeling better.

Thank you all again.

usmc_pointman@sbcglobal.net send your phone # and time to call to me if you can help no cost to you! :drunk:

Well when you see my Home world it will be as my Emperial Pet. :lol:

Hello

I have just completed MK II Fusion and it opened up Mk I Fusion Pulse engines

Can I research Mk I Fusion Pulse engines with SRP´s or are they out of reach???

My current impression is that SRP´s (saved research points) only takes you 3 generations/steps forward in tech.

for instance you can use SRP´s to 4th gen Computer but only to 3rd gen Psychology

what do you think???

tokmok

Thing to remember, though, is that Fusion Pulse are for fighters, not ships. So while you CAN research it, you may not WANT to unless you're taking your empire in that direction.