Rolling Thunder Forums

I am new to supernova

USMC_POINTMAN

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't use SRP's for anything that requires advanced materials or goes beyond 4th Generation. ;)

Has that been confirmed by Pete and Russ, or determined scientifically by experimental players, or just a wild-assed guess?

Although that comment is accurate it really is you cannot research with SRPs anything Superior or above (this covers ground weapons which do not take Advanced materials).

I believe it is 5th generation items (poor,fair, adequate, good, superior, Incredible..) since you cannot buy 5th Generation Civil Engineering and you cannot buy 3rd Generation Civil Administration.

Ok where do I get a teck tree? :huh:

Is there one I can down load? :thumbsup:

Where do I find my starting tecks that I can build I am not sure? ;)

Emperor Katolis Nostom

Black Star Empire

(2 Black Dragons Facing Each Other Blowing Fire On A Sword Pointed Down)

Unfortunately Pointman Sir there is no tech tree published by the Keepers of the Galaxy.

it was deliberately kept hidden and it has been an intresting year and 1/2 as most players fumbled around the tech tree trying to discover new paths that lead to techs that we have been finding via exploration orders. Some have met with great success other not so great.

some advise that may assist you is that if you research an item to 2nd generation ie

Mk 1 nuke engines for example(1st gen tech) to MkII nuke engines is usually opens up a new tech tree with a MK1 tech(in this case Mk1 Fusion engines)

it is very important however not to neglect the Horizon techs dealing with 'generation'

ie Space Science, medical Science, Planetary Science etc etc. research into these will enable

you to research ever higher 'MK's'. The exact ones required still elude many but they are slowing coming to light.

The best advise to make a mental picture of what your race want to focus on in the next year(takes that long to get there) and work on tech in that area. I dont know if its been said but 1

position CANT do it all. you can certainly try but chances are you would be mediocre in all areas

where as if you specialized you could excel in one two or perhaps 3 areas and if you encounter

someone that needs what you have and vice versa both will benefit greatly should you chose to cooperate.

Good Luck and welcome!

President Guztov

CIC Takarran Star Forces

Thank you President Guztov,

Ok can some one tell me this? ;)

(I know I read it some where but cant find it again.) :huh:

1: How much does a Cargo Bay hold in Cargo?

2: How much does a Fuel Tankage hold in Fuel?

Ok thank you all for all the help.

Thank you President Guztov,

Ok can some one tell me this? ;)

(I know I read it some where but cant find it again.) :huh:

1: How much does a Cargo Bay hold in Cargo?

2: How much does a Fuel Tankage hold in Fuel?

Ok thank you all for all the help.

And drones and fighters DON'T go in cargo bays, even if you want them to be cargo. The have to be put in Fighter Bays or Drone Racks in order to be transported.

Advanced and Improved fuel do NOT go in fuel tankage, but in cargo.

This may seem obvious, but I thought I would mention it anyway.

The fuel thing was NOT obvious...

Yeah, the fact that Advanced Fuel is used more as a coolant than a power source came as a surprise to me. ;)

As long as we're stating things that require special cargo handling, I thought I'd mention the following:

1 Colonist per Colonial Berthing

1 Ground Unit per Troop Berthing

I hope you're sufficiently confused now. :lol:

-SK :huh:

Ok if 1 Cargo bay = 1ton

and 1 Fuel Tankage = 1ton

How many iron or steel or Construction Mats. can I put into a Cargo Bay.

How much fuel is 1ton.

How do you build a ship?

Is the ship build around the engines then every thing is added to it?

Thank you.