Rolling Thunder Forums

Alliances and Wars

Kurassier

And of course we should believe that you who would stand to benefit the most from that information would openly take in one so hated as MMB without standing to gain from it, just out of the goodness of your hearts after you initially proclaimed that the Phoenix Arisen was in to win this game and that one was either with you or against you...yes and the easter bunny is really the one who comes with xmas presents :cheers:

:cheers:

/Locklyn

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us who are not at war with anybody, I have a request.

Could you guys post what empires are at war with whom, and who is allies with who against whom?

That way, when I run into another empire, I can make an informed choice on who to join or who to avoid.

thanks in advance.

Sabeli Ecok

Yes, and I know some of you won't respond to this thread and that's fine, but it will also help me keep track of all the bashing going on.  You know, more enjoyable when I understand the players involved.

:cheers:  :D

I am not curentaly at war with anyone (unless yu count a dropped postion that I have reciently Discovered). However I was once a member of the now defunce GSL and have given my word to support various ex-members of that one-time alliance ince I come into contact with them

Further I have heard rumors that Information about my Empire that I had given in confidence to anther one time member of that alliace has been give to an alliance I am not affilaited with :ranting: .... Oh hell, enough of this being subtle crap.. :cheers: I have heard that Martin has given all the Empire Info that he picked up as a member of the GSL to the P.A. I would consider this a betrayalof the highest order and , once I confim this, I will declare war on the Colony (as the ex-GSL member) and the Erye (Just because). Also If I discover rthat the PA uses this info against any one-time member of the GSL. :ranting: I will do whatever I can to turn them into so much hamburger (No this is not a declaration against the Bovine Empire :lol: ) As i would consider this action to be slimy in the extreme, and i do not like slime :D .

T'Lariss

Is this the Colony you mean!

The Colony 2516

Red Flames Devouring A World

Imperial Tradition Administration

Government

Empire #

Empire

Bureaucratic Matriarchy

Small, slow burrowing creatures resembling fire ants.

Population Group 2920 Baanshee - 1

Pop Empire ID 2516

Population Group 26968 Baanshee - 1

Pop Empire ID 2516

Population Group 26968 Baanshee - 1

Pop Empire ID 2516

Baanshee Mulitus F 8 110859 0.1

Baanshee Steele G 7 74719 0.1

Baanshee Bohort E 13 46231 556.2

Baanshee Adamandia D 14 21785 0.1

If so I baught it on E-Bay from a guy named Grandillion. His bio said his real name was Seymore Butts, not Martin. I think he is a door to door salesbeing. After I did the Paypal thing he tried to get me to Join Amway and sell some me some Phoenix Arisen and Golden Covers. These were way too cheap to be real and I think they were pirated IP from China.

Anyway, don't come and disturb me with your war fleets I am trying to her myself speak.

Vox

And of course we should believe that you who would stand to benefit the most from that information would openly take in one so hated as MMB without standing to gain from it, just out of the goodness of your hearts after you initially proclaimed that the Phoenix Arisen was in to win this game and that one was either with you or against you...yes and the easter bunny is really the one who comes with xmas presents  :cheers:

/Locklyn

WOW. The PA requires no information from its members, and picks its members based on previous good play, or one of the PA knowing the player From previous games. Lately, we have been warning new players that want to join that they will probably be attacked, when they meet someone.

You can ask Former PA member Etermus, and current member Phasedragon if the PA REQUIRED any Information from them. The fact that the GSL required copies of turns, is not the PA's fault, and the fact that the GSL did not keep the turns safley is not the PA's fault. I will state it for the record, I have seen NO GSL turns, Not even Martins.

Martin appears to be a very good player, though he brought a bit of baggage, we voted and let him join. On a side note, IF Martin is all you say he is, then you should be happy he joined, as he will do to the PA what he did to the GSL.

The PA does intend to win the Game. What the heck is everyone else playing for? To lose the Game?

The PA has room for all good players and Not every PA member is warlike, the PA does not require, I restate, Members to fight anyone. You can ask LARS, if his PA neighbor is mean and rotten to him.

But yes, we do start wars sometimes, though currently, many more people have declared war on the PA, than the PA has attacked, which we find humorous, in light of all the rhetoric.

TO EVERYONE who wants to make the PA the bad guy, to justify their playing the Opposite of their talk,

WANT SOME? COME GET SOME!

Norm, Gary, PA (mixed responses)-

Although Eternus may believe otherwise

Ummm...I never said that MMB gave out GS Senate stuff. Ever. I'm not privvy to the details of the whole MMB/GSL thing. All I've heard - from several sources - is that he hosed them over pretty bad.

You can ask Former PA member Etermus

Lets get something straight here. I attended one PA chat session. I never received -nor expected to receive - any intel from the PA because I never fully swore allegiance to the PA concept. I had loyalties elsewhere, was happy to help Darrin with some basic tech info and wished the alliance luck. They asked me to join early on, I said I'd have to talk to my neighbors...realized that I couldn't swear allegiance of all my empires to the cause (I wanted to share all my intel with them...but my intel involved other people's intel, that I had to be considerate of) I trusted and like Norm and the other PA members and I still like them. :cheers: But trust them with game stuff? :lol:

I didn't stick around long enough to know or even create membership requirements. So - I can't really say what type of intel you guys request from other players. However, I've heard from other PA members that the requirement standards are VERY lax...and that you don't need to submit PDFs etc.

Martin appears to be a very good player, though he brought a bit of baggage, we voted and let him join.

Oh...just a 'bit' of baggage :lol:

I think this was a terrible PR mistake on your part. I was pretty close to joining until I heard about the Colony empire swap, letting MMB in AND the ploy to string Locklyn into the alliance at the same time as MMB....a few other morsels...I quickly declined Norm's offer to 'rejoin' the PA because it felt weird.

The PA does intend to win the Game.

We all do. :cheers: But - many of us choose to play the game in a different way. Its the little games and the outright betrayal that peeves people off. I will quickly add that how you handled contact with Ken pales in comparison to the litany of grievances told about MMB and the GSL....I think past events with MMB has carried a stigma to your entire alliance. You took a gamble, Norm. You knew MMB had a bad rep...but you were hoping his intel and insights into the game would counter that stigma. Was it worth it? Can you trust him even now?

You can ask LARS, if his PA neighbor is mean and rotten to him.

Are your intentions to befriend Lars in the long run? I hope you are never foolish enough to betray him.

WANT SOME? COME GET SOME!

Gee. The thought never crossed my mind until now :cheers::ranting:

Of course - you know that people have been knocking on your collective doorstep for some time. :lol: Many of us are in contact with each other. Don't expect your alliance to pick off empires one at a time :D

May the best empires win in that hellish region...there are lots of empires jammed in there! :cheers:

Ok - I'll propose one last thing.

Norm - stop pretending you guys haven't been weasels. If you admit it, I'll get off your case. Actually, I'll get off your case anyway. If its getting old for me, then its been getting old for everyone else and I'm sorry about that :D It just bothers me when you attempt to paint yourselves as saints in light of your actions and intentions. Cavaet Emptor from here on out. Prey away at unsuspecting neighbors.

I have NOTHING wrong with you guys admitting to the type of game you are playing and going about your business in conquering the galaxy. Further, I can only pin you and MMB as the ones who've been playing games. Gary and Looker have defended you nicely and the rest of the alliance has quietly gone about their business of building their empires.

When its all said and done, you don't warrant the treatment of hell from me. However, I've learned I can't trust you. Live with that...don't try to defend it. I've encountered many other empires. Did I just pick you and MMB as the ones I can't trust out of thin air? Or am I airing 'misinformation' out of the sheer joy of it? In any case, I can sleep at night. I'm playing an honest game and haven't screwed anyone over to 'win'

Lastly - if you don't like me calling you untrustworthy...or how often I post...or anything else about me, I invite you to: "Come, Get Some" :ranting:

Lets have some fun :cheers:

What I finf amazing is that people would think that I gave their info in secret. If I wanted to punish the GSL I would just post all the iformation as the Eyre but since I actually can roleplay (unlike some) the Colony has kept its word.

Eyre - War with Valkor and Romans along with the host of people Valkor is asking for support

Colony - No idea why the Boo are at war with me. Information bought from Ebay is accurate and reflects the GSL being unable to keep their information secret even though the players in question gave their word (go figure I get the bad guy rap)

Martin appears to be a very good player, though he brought a bit of baggage, we voted and let him join.  On a side note, IF Martin is all you say he is, then you should be happy he joined, as he will do to the PA what he did to the GSL.

I just have one question for the PA or its many spokesbeings. Does your organization have a mutual defense component? The reason I ask is obvious. I did not know for certain that Martin was a member. Before this it was merely rumor and we all know what that is worth with all of the misinformation flying about.

The Boo Consulate is most certainly at war with the Eyre. We have no active desire to be at war with the PA, but we shall prosecute the war against the Eyre. We merely wish to know the cast of characters in our little ballet.

Boo Consulate

Boo please advise why you are at war with the colony? We are still wondering about that? If it's because of a so called violation of GSL doctrine could you provide proof. Also would you declare war on the voice since they violated GSL rules.

Please be advised the Colony is neutral with all bordering empires. We are concerned about the Bene Gesserit but have no open hostilities. We are working towards a trade pact with WKE. Have established a trade pact with the Apshai and have seen 2 other empires including the Eyre.

Colony - No idea why the Boo are at war with me.

Mutual defense Treaty with the Benthii who declared war on you in the Senate forum based on their belief that the Colony shared old GSL information with the Eyre who is at war with the Valkor. Furthermore, there seems to be some truth, especially after today's revelations, that there is a conduit of information between the PA and the Colony. If the Colony shares infor with the PA it could share it with the Eyre with whom we are at war.

Finally, we retain a grudge which was rekindled when our former allies asked for aide based upon the Colony's breach of the old GSL Charter.

Boo Consulate

Gary Carpenter Posted: Oct 14 2004, 06:11 PM

WOW. The PA requires no information from its members, and picks its members based on previous good play, or one of the PA knowing the player From previous games. Lately, we have been warning new players that want to join that they will probably be attacked, when they meet someone.

Why the "wow?" In all candor, you intentionally built the image you have on the boards bit by bit. Even after you cultivated that image, you dug deep in the trough and under a large rock to actually recruit MMB. There is only one reason to recruit him and it sure isn't that he "appears" good. Then when called out by Locklyn for your reason, you fein shock? And then you further wonder why you have to explain your situation to new players?

I don't mind the image you built if that was your goal. Good for your success at reaching your goal. But do you really expect that image, now built, or the motivation, thinly veiled, to be invisible to the rest of us? It's just a question.

What's a TOF?

I believe he was referrring to The Orion Federation.

Yep, that's all I meant. I do not remember seeing two folks with the same avatar on this board unless they were associated in some way. So, I was just hoping you were The Orion Federation .. or perhaps knew them. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Boo please advise why you are at war with the colony? We are still wondering about that? If it's because of a so called violation of GSL doctrine could you provide proof. Also would you declare war on the voice since they violated GSL rules.

Please be advised the Colony is neutral with all bordering empires. We are concerned about the Bene Gesserit but have no open hostilities. We are working towards a trade pact with WKE. Have established a trade pact with the Apshai and have seen 2 other empires including the Eyre.

The Voice? I have never known the voice to be a party to the old GSL Charter. The Colony was a party and thereby subject to our old laws which the Boo still follow. The Eyre are just piratical rogues.

What sort of Tzarist mind games are you playing anyway? The oldest trick in the book is to set up a false enemy and blame all your problems on it. I wouldn't be surprised if you were the "voice." We know you like to wear many "hats."

Boo Consulate