Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 75

SPGraves

And as for conquering dropped countries, I guess germany, lowlands, switzerland and the new guy in denmark all have dropped according to you. I think they missed that memo... :thumbsup:

DezertCamel :wub:

If you were actually fighting four opponents, you would not have the resources to fight us in Iraq and Persia. Camel I have respect for your fighting ability, but even you have to admit that is a little far-fetched.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were actually fighting four opponents, you would not have the resources to fight us in Iraq and Persia. Camel I have respect for your fighting ability, but even you have to admit that is a little far-fetched.

Well if you don't believe me, ask them yourself....... :blink:

Plus it's not just me against them, just like the front down south, multiple groups fighting multiple groups.

I never liked running a two front war.... :thumbsup:

But it does make this game more interesting :robot:

But I hope to meet my self at the straits of Gibraltar..... but I don't think I will have enough time to move that far. :cheers:

You have way too many friends and way too few enemies to meet yourself in Gibralter.

If this is the case, then I should have no problem making it there, but since I have many enemies, and not the few you mention. It will be hard. :thumbsup:

Or have you talked all of my enemies into dropping so I can fight the computer the whole way there. :robot:

The vacated Danish throne has seen better times. We have been able to retake the islands and incorporate them back into the Danish economy, which has been recovering slowly. The Swedish prisoners have all been summarily executed without mercy. The Danish military might has been able to fend off British invasion attempts in the conquered French territories and Danish planes have been seen flying over Great Britain with special deliveries.

Poland and Central Russia have blitzed through northern and central Germany and are knocking at the Danish border. Although the Danish troops have yet to engage these invaders, it will not be long before the Poles and Rooskies (one and the same) begin the invasion of the Danelands. We are greatly outnumbered. That will not keep us from defending our homelands.

Best of luck to you, our exiled general. You may be the lucky one in the long run, having escaped the oppressive noose of Russian aggression.

Best of luck to you, our exiled general. You may be the lucky one in the long run, having escaped the oppressive noose of Russian aggression.

WE are not aggressors, we are just liberating opressed people in other countries. they have assked for our help and we are on our way.... :P

DezertCamel :taz:

WE are not aggressors, we are just liberating opressed people in other countries. they have assked for our help and we are on our way.... :P

DezertCamel :taz:

Truly? The excuses of many an agressor include the liberation of people who need no liberation. The German Chancellor and his countrymen were never threatening any of its eastern ALLIES. Said ALLIES became turncoats and we are still pulling the knives out of his back. HMMMMM......

WE are not aggressors, we are just liberating opressed people in other countries. they have assked for our help and we are on our way.... :(

DezertCamel :)

Truly? The excuses of many an agressor include the liberation of people who need no liberation. The German Chancellor and his countrymen were never threatening any of its eastern ALLIES. Said ALLIES became turncoats and we are still pulling the knives out of his back. HMMMMM......

This comment leaves the gentle reader with some false impressions.

First: Central Russia was never a close ally of the Confederacy. He has been steadfast to Mother Russia.

Second: The current German player was not betrayed. He chose this situation and most players, myself included, would admire his spunk for stepping into this scenario to take over a “lost” position

Pharaoh,

I apologize. It was not my intent to mislead. I find that what gets input into the forums is from the writer's viewpoint. And at times, it contains fictional accounts of what may or may not have occurred. But, from my viewpoint, Denmark and Germany were betrayed by Poland and its new allies.

Quick questions - Were you are were you not TA'd to Germany and Denmark in this game? If yes; When the 'lost' positions were found, did you try to contact your new TA's?

It is not my intent to pick an argument in the forums. I also want the record to read true. I know that Central Russia was not part of this group to begin with, but I am sure that his contact with you has urged your betrayal a little. I do not pretend to know evey little detail of what transpired in the first 25 or so turns of this game, but I do know some. I also picked the game up as a challenge to myself to try and do something with a position that was in dire straits. I have not altered the course, that I know of, in this game. Nor have I done poorly. There has not been a great deal of pressure put upon the position, as of yet, either. I expect that to come in the next few turns. When Poland and Central Russia come together to meet the Denmark, Lowlands and Switzerland (with German armies still providing some distraction, I hope) it should be an interesting few turns. A bloody battle to come, indeed.

Earthling

Substitute Ruler of Denmark 75

This comment leaves the gentle reader with some false impressions. 

First:  Central Russia was never a close ally of the Confederacy.  He has been steadfast to Mother Russia. 

Second:  The current German player was not betrayed.  He chose this situation and most players, myself included, would admire his spunk for stepping into this scenario to take over a “lost” position

Earthling:

I gave my explanations to the old German and Denmark players and they accepted my reasons. If they had not, I would have dropped the position and let them find a replacement for me.

As for not reaching out to the new players, I think you are being forgetful (deceptive?) on that account. The Confederacy wanted me to be surprised that the players had been replaced, and I was. You alluded to this in one of your first messages for 75. I do not fault you for good strategy. I would ask you not to mislead our readers into thinking I was somehow remiss in not reaching out to my new TAs, however. The TAs were both broken (ironically by Germany and Denmark even though I was trying too) before I knew there were new TAs. Why did you not reach out to me? A rhetorical question only. My course was set, you wanted surprise, and the outcome would not have been altered anyway.

It is not my intent to pick an argument in the forums. I also want the record to read true. I know that Central Russia was not part of this group to begin with, but I am sure that his contact with you has urged your betrayal a little.

Do not blame poland, he did not want to leave his TA's, it was a tough decision for him and he did let his ta's know what choices he had and the ones he chose. They had warning it was going to happen. Had it not I had already planned on attacking poland, since he was the strongest of the confederacy. Having blown through the baltic states. I had nowhere left to go. This was before The southern front was needed. :ranting:

What an interesting little soap opera with Central Russia and Poland and the Confederacy. Not that changing alliances is wrong...just interesting. Wouldn't you agree Camel

I would agree, but then again I never made any alliances, that I did not intend to keep. Most of the alliances had already been put in place when I took over this position, on turn 6. And most of those were for survival reasons only.

So I look forward to the denmark campaign, I think it will be interesting, and bloody. But that is why we all play the game. humans make strange choices, compared to the computer so it is more challenging. :(

And don't worry I will have stuff to do in persia and uae and saudi. It just takes time. :)

DezertCamel :(