Rolling Thunder Forums

Offical 76 Battle Thread

lil' PATTON

Have you ever heard the saying - "The friend of my enemy is my friend"  :cheers:  or something like that.

I had to protect you Juana, your information was not worth your life. Be assured I will not allow the Canadians to land goats on your crisp white Island

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. -Arab proverb

Of cource it was not worth her "life", because I had given her NO information. If she happened to spy, in game, and was willing to give you that info then I would care less (she has clearly forwarded correct information to me).

You wrote "Iceland has disclosed your proposed invasion of the US to me and told me where you intend to attack so expect a few divisions waiting for you" which I know is a LIE (becuase my 4 attacks met little resistance) and as I have already wrote, no such information was ever given.

I also know that I did not give her any false information to send your way and she has not taken it appone herself to do so, but I can only take her word on the last bit.

All in all, your childish attempt at disinformation is comical in the extreme and did little other then show your willingness to drag people into the mud with you.

Tootles,

SdEoXgY

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Patriot X,

Is this your attempt to lull me into complacency? You previously posted that you would not make the same mistake again? Guess what, you did.

Do you really think you had a chance of taking Windsor with a few planes and 2 divisions? You must know by now it is going to take allot more then that?

At this point I am going to assume that your obvious incompetence is a ruse and that the sacrificing of your troops is the part of some devious plan that is currently escaping me.

Tootles,

SdEoXgY

I have never been one to make the obvious choice and like to try unusual and sometimes risky strategies.

Dont you not think those provinces you captured were taken a little to easily :beer:

How many divisions do you need to keep in Windsor to keep it safe.

Ask yourself this, Why would anyone attack with a single divsion a second time round, what advantage does it give me.

I will leave you to ponder these and the many other questions you have. Oh and BTW NICE SHIPS :)

I have never been one to make the obvious choice and like to try unusual and sometimes risky strategies.

Dont you not think those provinces you captured were taken a little to easily  :beer:

How many divisions do you need to keep in Windsor to keep it safe.

Ask yourself this, Why would anyone attack with a single divsion a second time round, what advantage does it give me.

I will leave you to ponder these and the many other questions you have. Oh and BTW NICE SHIPS  :)

Yep, they were taken a little too easy, too bad for you. There are two reasons to take territories, one is strategic, and the other is for resources. If you can’t see why I took them, then this is going to be easier then I thought.

And in answer to you question about Windsor, so far only 3.

BTW, you did not attack with a single division; you attacked with 2 air forces and an army unit with 2 divisions in it. You clearly thought your air attacks would weaken me enough to allow your two divisions a victory.

Now the question is, did I know all about this before I submitted my turn, because if I did I had plenty of time to reinforce Windsor will all kinds of fun and interesting things. Again, bad for you, good for me.

And I have asked myself about your “strategy” so far and I get it, so far as a Sanitation worker would want to get what is flushed down a toilet. I get it that you have held your “main” force back but considering my force is growing as fast as your force is (give or take), it might be too little to late.

Tootles,

SdEoXgY

What main force? i dont have a main force - honest

Ok so it was more than one division, and a few planes.

Dont mince words doggy, you think my Strategy is Sh1t, well if im covered in it then im gonna leave it all over your country when i come marching through your streets.

I still like your ships, hope you like mine :beer:

Anyway time for a goat joke - Canada - No seriously

What do you call an unemployed goat? Billy Idol.

What do you call a goat at sea? Billy Ocean.

What do you call a goat that lip syncs? Billy-Vanilli.

A door-to-door salesman has had a really rough day and decided to try one more house before heading home. He knocks on the door, determined to make a sale. A small boy opens the door, and the salesman starts in with his sales pitch. The boy stood there speechless, and the salesman, seeing that he wasn't getting anywhere, asked the boy where his mother was. The boy didn't say a word and just pointed upstairs. The salesman goes up the stairs, opens the bedroom door and finds the boy's mother in bed with a goat!! Completely flabbergasted, the salesman slams the door shut and flies down the stairs. He grabs the little boy by the shoulders and yells, "Do you know what's in bed with your mother? Do you know what they're doing? Doesn't this bother you?" To which the little boy responded, "Na-a-a-a-a-a-a." (Note: you must speak the boy's response like a canadian ooops i mean goat)

OK, OK, OK, now things are going good but I am going to be the first one to say it ain’t over till its over… so with that in mind where do you think the United States is going to zing me first.

1. Naval: There is a chance that he sent overwhelming force against me off his coast, even with the added ships that he is not aware of?

2. Air Force: So far he has had limited effectiveness from his medium bombers, but there is always a chance he might have some hidden that he has not used yet?

3. Army: By far the most likely, I have done damage (about 2 divisions worth of armament points) but so far I have not encountered a unit with more then two divisions in it?

Let me set the stage for you

Windsor has been attacked three times (first 2 do not really count because they had no chance of success) but the last was a “serious” effort with little results (I did have to repair some of my units).

Now without the offensive in Windsor, I have not encountered any US troops (I have 2 static division pinned down in a city that I control the province).

I control all the provinces that border me except for those in contact with Windsor. I have a large force of Mech in a centralized province prepared for any breakthrough.

I have a large naval force off his coast and just started shore bombarding his industries.

My Air Force is primarily set up on the defensive but I have plenty of Air points remaining and can switch gears if need be.

I think that pretty much sums it up (btw, except for a few things that may or may not be true, all of this is already known by the America player)

Tootles,

SdEoXgY

Now what is the point of telling everyone what you know / dont know? is it to try and send me off course from my cunning plan.

What have you actually taken from me, a few provinces that had very little importance and the ones you were obviously going to take since you planted 4 Inf on my border.

Your plans have been a little obvious. Do you not think that I could have prevented your invasion if i had wanted to? Why do you think that the ones you have taken have been so easily won.

I would love to be a cog in your mechanical brain just to see how you trying to second guess what im doing.

Maybe i dont have any great devious plan and all im doing is playing to the best of my ability. You will just have to do the same.

And whats this huge pile of mechs you got stashed. I did'nt know about that, thanks for telling me, i would never have guessed. Somehow i dont think you have as many as you want me to think you have.

Let me tell you what i know shall i and see how correct I am.... :ninja:

You have upgraded most if not all your frontiers to Inf39 making your cities vulnerable if i break through.

You have built a few more Inf39 divisions suggesting a cautious strategy.

At most you will have built around 3-6 Mechs with the available points you have by this turn, i dont know where they are but when i find them im gonna bomb them back to the stone age

Your not ready to make a propper offensive yet as your strategy says to me your gonna sit a wait until you have a superior force.

Now please continue with your invasion of the USA :D Each of your moves make me smile a little more. Im not one for remembering quotes but im sure some general somewhere said one battle does not a war make or something like that. :thumbsup:

Now please continue with your invasion of the USA  :P  Each of your moves make me smile a little more. Im not one for remembering quotes but im sure some general somewhere said one battle does not a war make or something like that.  :drunk:

One battle does not make a war – unknown

And I agree wholeheartedly, but one battle can definitely help, and when the one battle turns into seven… well you get my point.

BUT, I am not going to talk strategy with you, not until either one of us is soundly beaten. I will keep a list though, just in case the war takes longer then expected, so I don’t forget all the errors that you made so far and how to fix them in the future.

Tootles,

SdEoXgY