Rolling Thunder Forums

Offical 76 Battle Thread

lil' PATTON

What are you on about now. I have never mentioned Iceland.

I was going to leave the matter and take up the action on the battlefield but you have clearly lost the plot, no one in there right mind would invade Iceland from the Americas. All that way for an amphibious assault. Get real.

If thats the limit of your military prowese then this is going to be an easy victory.

Next you'll be saying I was going to Invade Trans Jordan, or Saudi Arabia or enter Europe from the underbelly like Greece or Italy.

You just dont have a clue do you, if i was you i would surender now and fall back under French rule, its safer than playing with the big boys.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you on about now. I have never mentioned Iceland.

I was going to leave the matter and take up the action on the battlefield but you have clearly lost the plot, no one in there right mind would invade Iceland from the Americas. All that way for an amphibious assault. Get real.

If thats the limit of your military prowese then this is going to be an easy victory.

Next you'll be saying I was going to Invade Trans Jordan, or Saudi Arabia or enter Europe from the underbelly like Greece or Italy.

You just dont have a clue do you, if i was you i would surender now and fall back under French rule, its safer than playing with the big boys.

I am talking about you creating an account to try and make a post under a name close to mine. You are so transpartent as to be invisible, and I will treat you accordingly.

I am talking about you creating an account to try and make a post under a name close to mine.  You are so transpartent as to be invisible, and I will treat you accordingly.

Oh, I get it. Very good try, X.

I'm not sure whether I find that funny or repulsive... have to get back to you on that one.

Kevin

Though I am not in this game I think if you go back and read the early threads from game 75 it becomes quite clear through speech patterns as well as underhanded tactics that the true identity of Patriot X is none other than the much maligned General Spongebob Squarepants. That is just my opinion.

My money is on Canada.

Though I am not in this game I think if you go back and read the early threads from game 75 it becomes quite clear through speech patterns as well as underhanded tactics that the true identity of Patriot X is none other than the much maligned General Spongebob Squarepants. That is just my opinion.

My money is on Canada.

I also can see the similarities in their posting styles and actions. Boy if I would have known that, I would have never started negotiating with him and I would have definitely not got into a pissing match with him on the forum. When I started using the forum, SBSP was the reason why I did not post on it, every discussion he got involved in devolved into useless dribble.

Oh well, live and learn.

Just because im not prepared to sit back and take it dont throw me in the same barrel as the sponge, all i did was try and strike up an alliance then get shaffted (a bit like the goat) :cheers: so i openly Declared War on Canada in the Forum because i cant do it in the game yet.

Im the one who's been wronged here, anyone could be the Sponge, who cares, has he become that important to everyones lives that they cant get by without bringing him up in every thread.

Go ahead take a look at Vic75 forum, you Predator have constantly brought up the Sponge, are you him, are you the one causing agro, you know what i dont care.

Canada will die for his treachery and that is all that matters - Ahmen :drunk:

...who lives in a pineapple under the sea? SBSP! SBSP! ... :cheers:

Actually, I find it very amusing that people are really getting annoyed about what is posted in these game threads... :P

Loosen up, this thing is here to drop some funny quotes, heroïc stories or sharp-edged oneliners. Oh, yes and some ranting too if suitable. :drunk:

Just my two cents, :P

If I were the sponge guy (a very nice person in real life), my money would be on the United States in this fight...... :drunk:

But since everybody is anti-sponge... :drunk:

Then I say, I pick the United States to win... :cheers:

As far as invading iceland or such form the US/Canada side. it can and has been done :cheers:

Oh well, maybe next time I will be in the same game, but I am too busy in 74, mopping up Canada. Onward to Europe..... :drunk:

DezertCamel :robot:

...who lives in a pineapple under the sea? SBSP! SBSP! ...  :cheers:

Actually, I find it very amusing that people are really getting annoyed about what is posted in these game threads...  :P

Loosen up, this thing is here to drop some funny quotes, heroïc stories or sharp-edged oneliners. Oh, yes and some ranting too if suitable.  :drunk:

Hear,Hear!!

I added "Ya...and smack talk too!" to the title of this thred couse I knew it was going to happen. And althow I totaly agree with your statment here, I have to ask. Do you then think the stealing of, and impersonating of others Identities an ethical thing to do on thease boards? No matter WHO it is doing it! I open this question up to all, not just "H". So feel free to post your oppinions.

Hear,Hear!!

I added "Ya...and smack talk too!" to the title of this thred couse I knew it was going to happen. And althow I totaly agree with your statment here, I have to ask. Do you then think the stealing of, and impersonating of others Identities an ethical thing to do on thease boards? No matter WHO it is doing it! I open this question up to all, not just "H". So feel free to post your oppinions.

I find it a little childish and not very rich on inspiration if you steal an identity or impersonate an other forum member. I also think that sombody with such a poverty on inspiration will stop posting soon enough. But I am sure I wouldn't get a higher bloodpressure when somebody tries to imitate me. I would be surprised at first then amused, after that I laugh him in the face, turn my back and ignore it further. I am sure his posts will be so poor in content that many others even won't bother to even read them. (...blablabla, SLAPP! Ouch! Enough of this I start sounding like i'm whining :drunk: )

Just keep this thread full of originality :cheers:

Anyway on to another Question - Has anyone seen Canada whup the States Ass? When, where and how?

Where? I assume you did not intend to put that...

When? http://www.rollingthunder.com/victory/HallofVictory.htm (quite interesting on how many times the United States AND Canada do not show up on the survivers list)

How? No clue, but I have a few good ideas :cheers: (ok, I used a smilies this time)

In regards to Canada versus the USA, yes, it's very possible for Canada to beat the US in VICTORY!

1) Depends on who is playing which country.

2) Depends on what tech Canada is using.

3) Depends on who is determined to stay in the game longer.

I personally beat the US back in a game in the 60s, don't remember the number, and quickly grew bored with preparing for the water crossing. I regret dropping now, because I was done with USA before turn 25.

We learn from our mistakes.

Joe

Great Brit, Vic 76