Rolling Thunder Forums

This year's gift

Eldred

It is now some 12 months since the powers that be graciously awarded 24 SRPs to each and every empire. Anyone heard whether there are plans to repeat this (as the game is now some 3 years old).

Logically, as we recieved 12 SRPs each in year 1, then this year we could expect 36 or maybe even 48 - hope so our research centres could do with a boost :o

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there has been much silence from Pete both here on the boards as well as on the turnsheets as what is happening of late with the game but we can assuredly hope that loyal Empire customers will see a windfall :o

Cheers

/Locklyn

Since the SRP gifts have played into my strategy for some time now (like when I started the second empire :o ), I am curious about the following thought.

Assuming that enough time and research elapses and the SRP gifts keep coming, will there be a point where one can not use the SRPs? One has researched all the lowest tier techs (should we live so long) and has no way to spend the SRPs? One could also argue that spending them on techs one is not interested in (Mk II razor wire?) diminishes the value of the gift.

Just something to think about between turns....

Octus Imperium

Since the SRP gifts have played into my strategy for some time now (like when I started the second empire  :o ), I am curious about the following thought.

Assuming that enough time and research elapses and the SRP gifts keep coming, will there be a point where one can not use the SRPs? One has researched all the lowest tier techs (should we live so long) and has no way to spend the SRPs? One could also argue that spending them on techs one is not interested in (Mk II razor wire?) diminishes the value of the gift.

Octus Imperium

My estimate is there are over 12k research points available for research that can be bought with SRPs. Even if you devoted all of your RCs to researching just these items and you took your full 2000 SRPs, you would have 16 years of real time research to fully cover all of these items so I dont think this is a risk unlerss there is not much that you are interested in researching.

(My estimate is based on the crossroads information sharing alliance database so while there may be additional items we are not aware of, I think we are capturing the majority of them.)

:o It would be nice to get maybe (36) SRPs, and there is no way anyone will ever run out of techs upto and including Level #4 to spend them all on, if so then that long time empire are GHODS...!!! Speaking as one that stated my own first empire on game turn #0, I still have techs to use it on...no problem!

Well there has been much silence from Pete both here on the boards as well as on the turnsheets as what is happening of late with the game but we can assuredly hope that loyal Empire customers will see a windfall :)

Cheers

/Locklyn

Has anyone heard anything from Pete recently? I email him about a problem with my turn results 2 turns ago and have yet to receive a response. I emailed again as soon as we received last turn's results when I saw the problem hadn't been fixed yet. I'm getting a bit exasperated.

I sent two queries about three turns ago, repeated it one turn ago and still no reply so I'm hoping it is fixed.

Cheers

/Locklyn

Since the SRP gifts have played into my strategy for some time now (like when I started the second empire  :beer: ), I am curious about the following thought.

Octus Imperium

My estimate is there are over 12k research points available for research that can be bought with SRPs. Even if you devoted all of your RCs to researching just these items and you took your full 2000 SRPs, you would have 16 years of real time research to fully cover all of these items so I dont think this is a risk unlerss there is not much that you are interested in researching.

(My estimate is based on the crossroads information sharing alliance database so while there may be additional items we are not aware of, I think we are capturing the majority of them.)

So I have been worried for nothing?!? :)

Octus :beer:

• 2 weeks later...
The three-year anniversary gift is coming next turn...

Pete,

I assume this means that any SRP order we issue this turn (for Sep. 21) will not trigger the global RP... ?

Any hints on how many RP it will be?  :(

-LX

That's right - just like last year, the points will be added next turn, after the turn runs, so whatever you do on the upcoming (Sept 21) turn won't burn those points up, giving you a turn to plan it out.

If you have saved points, they will be added to them.

If you have no saved points, they will be given to you and flagged so that they will not be used until you issue your next SRP order. This is just like what happens when you start a new empire with saved points: they aren't flagged for use until you issue an SRP order.