Rolling Thunder Forums

Greetings Kom-Ka Federation (2165) 'Sun Touching Three Worlds With

Flagritz

Are you saying I have not further developed the position ? Shoot James an email and ask him if I have or have not developed the position , I am sure he will send you an affirmative answer...I periodically send him copies of my turns so he keeps in touch with his old position . I also believe that when I took over the position , I made my moves very clear with my neighbors in the area.....just ask Scott . You do know Scott , right? On top of that , if you want to go by that logic , then your scout should not have had any weapons....I seem to recall it did..

DESTROYED** [1st] FEX Scout (Fleet Explorer - 200,000 tons) [integrity: 0 / 140,000] (Green, Timid)

48 10cm Autocannon, 50 Fuel Shuttle, 60,000 Fuel Tankage, 1 Mk I Nuclear Engine, 1 Mk I Nuclear Jump Drive

21 Mk II Jump Survey Sensor

Projectile: 5,280

Maneuverability: 0.00, Missile Defense: 0.10 %

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question regarding something that keeps being brought up regarding the interaction between the Flagritz and the Kom'ka. You keep stating that the Flagritz did nothing to negotiate a border treaty with the Kom'ka. However Flagritz claims that the responses he got to attempts to communicate with the Kom'ka contained only the roleplayed gobeltygook that we had seen here on the forums. Nothing against the roleplay aspect of it, but if, as the Flagritz claims, the Kom'ka refused to conduct any interactions with him in an out of character manner how can you hold the Flagritz responsible for no border treaties being established? It seems to me that if the Kom'ka were willing to interact in an out of character manner with other empires, but refused to do so when it came to the Flagritz that it is the Kom'kas fault that no border was ever established. Flagritz made it clear in his postings on the forums that he had no clue how to decipher the Kom'ka roleplayed language. I would suspect he made the same very clear to the Kom'ka in private attempts at communication.

Therefore if the Kom'ka were the ones refusng to facilitate interaction on a level both could understand ( for whatever reason) it is the Kom'kas responsibility for being attacked by the Flagritz.Since this is only a simulation and not reality. With avenues for communicating in a normal manner when it became clear that the roleplaying wasn't going over so well it would seem the Kom'ka bear the burden for their demise. You keep trying to paint the Flagritz as the mean bully for attacking the peaceful Kom'ka. If what the Flagritz claims is true, there was absolutely no way for him to know that the Kom'ka wanted a peaceful border short of hiring a linguist to come in and decipher the Kom'kas roleplayed communications. You keep saying you are teaching him some kind of lesson in all this, but all he did was attack a non-communicative empire (the Kom'ka chose not to communicate in an understandable manner) that he felt threatened by. Isn't that what the Ori did. Attacked an asset of an empire that didnt communicate with him that he felt was a threat? Will you be teaching the ori the same lesson by wiping them out of the game, or was it just a convenient excuse in an attempt to justify attacking another empire?

Are you saying I have not further developed the position ? Shoot James an email and ask him if I have or have not developed the position , I am sure he will send you an affirmative answer...I periodically send him copies of my turns so he keeps in touch with his old position . I also believe that when I took over the position , I made my moves very clear with my neighbors in the area.....just ask Scott . You do know Scott , right?

Hey the development is there, any ship that encounters a ship which you have built is guaranteed some paint scratching! If that isnt development I don't know what is :}

Apparently though the Ori people have lost some of there enlightenment now, instead of being a beacon of good, trading and working with other empires they have descended into an empire of evil which attacks there neighbours... not so much development in that respect.

As for economic development, its easy to carry on the good work after someone else has put in a solid foundation.

Who is this Scott you speak of? Joke :}

If I had wanted to randomly attack somebody , there are plenty of targets in the Ori area . How many of my neighbors have I attacked so far ?

Me for a start! and you declared yourself evil :}

However Ive moved on from this, I would love to see an answer to the question raised by the Jemanari Public Relations :jawdrop:

To try to put things back intp perspective, I believe the reasons Flagritz did not contact the Ori about this were :-

1) He was waiting for a reply from Pete about why his new empire was deep inside the explored space of a mortal enemy

2) He didn't expect any form of negotiation was going to end well.

Flagritz , I am going to put another thing in black and white......when I took over the position , I had no intention of attacking yours or anybody else's position . I also told Scott ( Lord Deependra , for those of you who don't know ) as the Komka saga was going along , that I felt your attacks against Cestvel were getting personal , and if you could not refrain from those types of attacks on this forum , then I would eventually help Marcus end the thing sooner so I would not need to hear your garbage forever . Scott has always defended you , but has himself voiced concern over your postings , and said he would mention it to you . However , nothing changed , prompting me to declare my intentions , which I do not believe I have ever made secret . Even had you tried to contact me over your scout in my known area , I would have laughed and said prepare to die , and have your population enslaved . That is because you are Flagritz . You did not contact me , because you know my position number , and you knew the ships you ran into were Ori . Had it been anyone else , they would have sent some communication , and I would have allowed one turn to withdraw , also with the full understanding that the next step in my direction would see ships other than the picket ships , and also ships with orders to shoot . Unless I know you ....Now , it has also been brought to my attention that you might have come out of a one-way...always a possibility . Every one-way has a way back , however convoluted . I know you are in my area now , and as I mentioned before , I will be sending more scouts out to the area to find your HW. Since you are Flagritz , and you started the position , even if you now give someone else the position , I will attack the position any time I find it's ships . Once I find the HW , I will attack the HW . The position and Flagritz are one the same . Is there something that you do not understand in this posting ? Once again , yes , I am evil , but I don't want you to get the impression that I am being deceptive . I do not believe I am . Sometimes I get the impression that you are trying to goad me into running an attack on my neighbors , the other members of LNAW , which is your alliance , or that you are trying to get them to attack the Ori to take pressure off of you . I have to wonder if maybe you are trying to be deceptive.....

The mindset of rfouasnon: “hmmm.... that Flagritz players taking the personal attack by Cestvel personally and fighting back.... hmmm... best way to shut him up is to add fuel to the fire and attack him also” Great plan Einstein! It didnt work did it? :}

And I will put it in black & white, I will pretty much ally with anyone and encourage anyone to attack you and Cestval as... how can I put this..... YOU ARE ATTACKING ME!! YOU ARE PLANNING TO TAKE OVER MY EMPIRE.

No deception, I wish my allies would come to my aid and save my empires.

However sadly no one wishes to join me in a suicide fight (and I don’t blame them) against empires which are much older and much more advanced then us which can pick us off so easily.

You and Cestvel are making a personal attack against me, the facts etc do not matter, you do it because you can and you know I have no way of stopping you.

However I will continue to point out the fact that you guys are bad and you will go around attacking people on personal whims as that is the kind of players you are.

clear enough?

I don't want your worlds , they are too far away . If anything , I will gate the pop to nothingness if I cannot find a suitable owner.....Of course , not counting the HW which has popped up in my area . Pity there is not an order where I could sacrifice pop to Vladchek to get favor points...oh wait , other game....and as far as older , I am the same general time line as your 3 positions....more tech advanced ? we all started out with the same tech at the same time , how you play your position is not my fault .

I have a question regarding something that keeps being brought up regarding the interaction between the Flagritz and the Kom'ka. You keep stating that the Flagritz did nothing to negotiate a border treaty with the Kom'ka. However Flagritz claims that the responses he got to attempts to communicate with the Kom'ka contained only the roleplayed gobeltygook that we had seen here on the forums. Nothing against the roleplay aspect of it, but if, as the Flagritz claims, the Kom'ka refused to conduct any interactions with him in an out of character manner how can you hold the Flagritz responsible for no border treaties being established? It seems to me that if the Kom'ka were willing to interact in an out of character manner with other empires, but refused to do so when it came to the Flagritz that it is the Kom'kas fault that no border was ever established. Flagritz made it clear in his postings on the forums that he had no clue how to decipher the Kom'ka roleplayed language. I would suspect he made the same very clear to the Kom'ka in private attempts at communication.

Therefore if the Kom'ka were the ones refusng to facilitate interaction on a level both could understand ( for whatever reason) it is the Kom'kas responsibility for being attacked by the Flagritz.Since this is only a simulation and not reality. With avenues for communicating in a normal manner when it became clear that the roleplaying wasn't going over so well it would seem the Kom'ka bear the burden for their demise. You keep trying to paint the Flagritz as the mean bully for attacking the peaceful Kom'ka. If what the Flagritz claims is true, there was absolutely no way for him to know that the Kom'ka wanted a peaceful border short of hiring a linguist to come in and decipher the Kom'kas roleplayed communications. You keep saying you are teaching him some kind of lesson in all this, but all he did was attack a non-communicative empire (the Kom'ka chose not to communicate in an understandable manner) that he felt threatened by. Isn't that what the Ori did. Attacked an asset of an empire that didnt communicate with him that he felt was a threat? Will you be teaching the ori the same lesson by wiping them out of the game, or was it just a convenient excuse in an attempt to justify attacking another empire?

Well, you won't go further scouting ahead while a border treaty is to be established.

And while seemingly a treaty was reached Flagritz scouted into the HW of the KomKa.

That alone shows how much Flagritz was after the border treaty.

Oh and you shoot up all you do not understand? A classic plot in space operas :)

No communication and communication which was pretty clear from the start ("peace" and "trade" were the only words used there) are some different things.

The Ori did not attack an ally of mine :)

Did you ever stop to wonder why your allies are not assisting you ? Maybe they were privy to your preparations on the attack on the Komka with three positions , and knew you had no intention of a peaceful border with the Komka in the first place....your subsequent attack has brought you to the position you are now in , nothing else . The fact that I am at odds with you has only one person to blame...yourself . Sadly , you do not listen to what your alliance partners might have suggested you to do , to tone down your rhetoric . Scott , I am positive , had said he would talk with you . Scott is true to his word , and I am positive he did . If I had you in an alliance with me , I would not help you . You are a loose cannon , thinking of only yourself , but not the good of the group .

Well, you won't go further scouting ahead while a border treaty is to be established.

And while seemingly a treaty was reached Flagritz scouted into the HW of the KomKa.

Oh and you shoot up all you do not understand? A classic plot in space operas :)

No communication and communication which was pretty clear from the start ("peace" and "trade" were the only words used there) are some different things.

Great response.... ummm.... just a couple of inaccuracies...

- The galaxy isnt flat, I didnt scout ahead further, I was exploring, I didnt know where his empire was, thats why you setup and agree a border! Knowing the lay of the land now (with hindsight) 3 of my scouts was around his space. Every other empire I have met Ive been able to set-up a lasting border treaty with (over half a dozen, some allies some not).

- No treaty was ever “seemingly” reached, he would not talk to me properly (and yes I tried).

-I stumbled onto his homeworld, he happens to be ammonia based like the flagritz empire, I admit I was looking to set-up a forward base (back then I thought colonies were awsome :), no sentries nothing, first I knew it was his homeworld was when he blew me up. He then had 16 turns to establish contact or build defences, he did neither.

- He built warships and blew up my ships also, he also entered my space but then he didnt know what was my space because he wouldnt talk to me!

-For all I knew he was saying no peace, no trade or if hes like you he may say peace and then be scouting to find me, no dialogue no way of knowing his real intentions. The outcome could have been reversed, he clearly had some powerful allies who would attack on will anyway.

Try again :]

Great response.... ummm.... just a couple of inaccuracies...

- The galaxy isnt flat, I didnt scout ahead further, I was exploring, I didnt know where his empire was, thats why you setup and agree a border! Knowing the lay of the land now (with hindsight) 3 of my scouts was around his space. Every other empire I have met Ive been able to set-up a lasting border treaty with (over half a dozen, some allies some not).

- No treaty was ever "seemingly" reached, he would not talk to me properly (and yes I tried).

-I stumbled onto his homeworld, he happens to be ammonia based like the flagritz empire, I admit I was looking to set-up a forward base (back then I thought colonies were awsome :) , no sentries nothing, first I knew it was his homeworld was when he blew me up. He then had 16 turns to establish contact or build defences, he did neither.

- He built warships and blew up my ships also, he also entered my space but then he didnt know what was my space because he wouldnt talk to me!

-For all I knew he was saying no peace, no trade or if hes like you he may say peace and then be scouting to find me, no dialogue no way of knowing his real intentions. The outcome could have been reversed, he clearly had some powerful allies who would attack on will anyway.

Try again :]

Did you stop your fleets while discussion was ongoning, yes or no?

But that all does not matter anymore, because you chose the all-out-war option as I offered to settle with the Flagritz Empire HW a bounty. Now you have it. You simply do not know when to back down.

And no, I will not accept you to give the worlds to your allies, as I cannot be sure that they give them back to you later.

Did you ever stop to wonder why your allies are not assisting you ? Maybe they were privy to your preparations on the attack on the Komka with three positions , and knew you had no intention of a peaceful border with the Komka in the first place....your subsequent attack has brought you to the position you are now in , nothing else . The fact that I am at odds with you has only one person to blame...yourself . Sadly , you do not listen to what your alliance partners might have suggested you to do , to tone down your rhetoric . Scott , I am positive , had said he would talk with you . Scott is true to his word , and I am positive he did . If I had you in an alliance with me , I would not help you . You are a loose cannon , thinking of only yourself , but not the good of the group .

Scott spoke with me, asked me to play nice with the big bullies, I said No :}

In real life you compromise to get by, but this is a game, why should I cower before you, when you do wrong I will point it out.

The Kom Ka was a series of events that just played out, we met, we couldnt (he wouldnt) establish a dialogue, we skirmished, I launched an attack and shock of shocks it actually worked.

Even now I cant explain it, both our positions were 2 years old thats over 50 turns processed.

Even with no resources you can produce 10 divisions a turn no problem ... I attacked the KOm Ka with 70 divisions, he only had 25! He could have built over 500 in that time, even in the 16 turns between me finding his homeworld and me attacking he could have built some troops.... No one was more surprised when he fell then me, he never contacted me he never said anything.....

I really wished the Kom ka had just talked normally like he did with everyone else!